It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP provides America’s secret EMP shield.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
From Wikipedia:

n military terminology, a nuclear bomb detonated hundreds of kilometers above the Earth's surface is known as a high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) device. Effects of a HEMP device depend on a very large number of factors, including the altitude of the detonation, energy yield, gamma ray output, interactions with the Earth's magnetic field, and electromagnetic shielding of targets.

Beginning with the first atomic detonation at the Trinity Site in World War II, America researched the use of an atomic bomb to set up an electromagnetic pulse which would disable an enemy’s electrical grid and all electronic infrastructure. Three of the later series of atomic tests were actually aimed at emphasizing the electromagnetic pulse while limiting the amount of radioactive fallout on the enemy target. The overall program ran from 1959 until 1962, and used the following project names (among others):

Starfish Prime
Bluegill Triple Prime
Kingfish
Fishbowl

Quoting wikipedia again:

The Bluegill Triple Prime and Kingfish high-altitude nuclear tests of October and November 1962 in Operation Fishbowl finally provided electromagnetic pulse data that was clear enough to enable physicists to accurately identify the physical mechanisms that were producing the electromagnetic pulses

The result of the research was that, instead of trying to create a massive EMP at ground level using a massive nuclear bomb detonated in the atmosphere, the most effect technique would be to set off a smaller nuclear weapon in the earth’s ionosphere. The atmosphere itself would limit the distance of an emp pulse; but a pulse originating above the atmosphere would prevent the initial radiation from changing the air and “shorting out the emp in the air itself.”

Instead, a High altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) would propagate itself through the ionosphere at a great distance, allowing a single, small detonation to cover (and disrupt) the entire North American contintent.

Here’s where HAARP comes in.

From the official HAARP website:

HAARP stands for The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program. The goal of this program is to further advance our knowledge of the physical and electrical properties of the Earth's ionosphere which can affect our military and civilian communication and navigation systems. The HAARP program operates a world-class ionospheric research facility located in Gakona, Alaska.

In other words, the installation in Alaska manipulates the ionosphere at high latitude; the same area of the earth where a single HEMP could affect the whole continent. Basically, a HEMP is far more affective at high latitude (near the poles), and would distort the blast across the American land-mass.

So, how could the HAARP defend America (and Canada as well)?

By ionizing the ionosphere ahead of a HEMP; this would “short out” the expanding EMP-bubble and prevent it from reaching the earth’s surface with deadly magnitude.

What do you think, ATS?

Sources:
Wikipedia article: EMP
Official HAARP (The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program)
edit on 1-6-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: to fix quote boxes

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Wow then it's no wonder nations like Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea didn't even bothered to try that.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
interesting theory

i think haarp does more than one thing

dual purpose tech is big with the military

this seems to be used for many things

radar

weather manipulation

communications

emp protection possibly

any thing else other than the mind control aspect

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't think it makes sense.

HAARP does not increase ionization. It adds energy to existing ions. A pretty small patch of ions over Gakona, Alaska.

The Sun does increase ionization. And it affects the ionosphere a whole lot more than HAARP ever could.

Electromagnetic energy does not get "short circuited" it isn't a circuit. It's radiation.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well, let's get some HEMP and find out if hfaarp works.
Why is it HAARP when it should be HFAARP?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I will star and flag you because I thought of this along time ago. I just did not really want to post it. I was not sure how to post it in a manner consistant with deny ignorance.

It is not a bad thing, This is what could have really won the cold war. Out on a limb there folks. Do not hang me. I have no proof. Just a wacked out idea.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I've thought the opposite from time to time. That haarp is for destruction not defense. I've never seen anyone talk about it but I havent scoured the forums looking either, that chemtrails are the counterpart to harp. Whether it be for disrupting communications (electrical or biological) or modifying weather it would make sense why they dont need arrays like haarp everywhere. If the chemtrails are truly tiny particles of heavy metals it would behave like chaff. In other words it would act just like the ionosphere for ham radios. I've thought that there should be a thread/forum dedicated to day to day chemtrail sightings, then contrast to weather patterns, we might see a pattern like areas of the NW getting sprayed heavily when these massive storms break out in an outward global pattern away from the array.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Electromagnetic energy does not get "short circuited" it isn't a circuit. It's radiation.

True enough. I don't possess the technical vocabulary to describe how an atmospheric nuclear detonation creates E1 and E2 radiation that ionizes the atmosphere, creating an expanding sphere of ionized air that limits and absorbs a great deal of the E3 energy, thus limiting the intensity of the EMP at larger distances.
edit on 1-6-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Let's say that it is true. Then that's probably why they put HAARP in alaska. It's america's highest territory we own that is closest to the north pole

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

The E3 pulse is not a pulse of electromagnetic radiation. It is a "heave" of the Earth's magnetic field. It is not "absorbed" by ions.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The E3 pulse is not a pulse of electromagnetic radiation. It is a "heave" of the Earth's magnetic field. It is not "absorbed" by ions.

Did I say E3 was a pulse of radiation?

Forgive me if I did. (but I didn't) It DOES seem to be the case that the effect of E3 is somewhat mitigated by the ionization of the air caused by E1/E2. Otherwise, why would a combatant choose a high altitude detonation, if not to avoid the mitigating effect of the earth's atmosphere?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You said the E3 pulse is absorbed by ionization. Radiation is absorbed, magnetic fields are not.

It doesn't have anything to do with the absorption of the E1 and E2 pulses. That happens no matter what.

As the wikipedia article explains, high altitude detonation takes advantage of the Earth's magnetic field. There is also the line of sight consideration. A pulse from a surface burst would only affect the surface as far away as the horizon.
edit on 6/1/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I hope not just to bump an old thread, but to present a theory that helps all the "crazy conspiracy theories" to make a little more sense. I live on the outer edges of a very ... interesting ... world where many of these crazy conspiracy theories are not quite so crazy ,,, even among a great many high-level government officials. HAARP, given my understanding, is in fact a multi-faceted project made "allowable" by its supposedly defensive nature ... as it can be justified before congress in that light. It also ... while I do not believe it controls the weather per se, does help to manipulate the weather and thus, allowing the proverbial "they" to create more fierce and destructive forces out of naturally occurring events that may otherwise not bring about the desired level of "natural disaster" ... but that begs the question as to why.

There is likewise a great deal of controversy surrounding the Philippine Gold sometimes known as the Taellano Treasure. the Yama#a Gold, the Marcos family fortune and other names. This is not only in the Philippines but also in other locations around the globe such as Indonesia and other locations prone to severe "natural" disasters,

By increasing the severity of the storms, earthquakes, tsunamis and other such disasters, the US can justify the presence of troops there to "aid and assist" while at the same time, having unhindered access to locations where these assets are stored in order to move and take control of the assets with or without the knowledge and/or cooperation of the local, domestic government as the situation may warrant. I am interested in what people may think about this "theory" of mine but I do not believe that I can post new threads just yes ... though I am still too busy reading posts to talk too much just yet.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: THAnomalous1

You do realize that HAARP hasn't been operational for some time, right? It's been partially dismantled, and ownership transferred to the University of Alaska Fairbanks....

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance I know that is what has been said yes. I also know a lot of other things. Benghazi was just the response to a video too.

I also know that there is still a very large facility in Glenallen Alaska that seems to be fully operational and not part of the University.

Not to be too facetious ... and I do hope you will not take this personally as it applies equally as much to me ... but there are three realities in the world. There is reality as you perceive it. There is reality as I perceive it. There is the real reality which, for whatever reason, from time to time will come down and thump us all in the head.

Yes, I am aware that I have been told the program is not what it was, but I also know that we are not told everything.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: THAnomalous1
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance I know that is what has been said yes. I also know a lot of other things. Benghazi was just the response to a video too.

I also know that there is still a very large facility in Glenallen Alaska that seems to be fully operational and not part of the University.

The HAARP facility has a Glenallen address. Got a lat/long of your non-HAARP-yet-also-in/near-glenallen antenna farm?

Not to be too facetious ... and I do hope you will not take this personally as it applies equally as much to me ... but there are three realities in the world. There is reality as you perceive it. There is reality as I perceive it. There is the real reality which, for whatever reason, from time to time will come down and thump us all in the head.

I know the real reality, though, and it doesn't include weather modification. It also hasn't been online for a bit, and UAF hasn't to my knowledge gotten it back online yet. There's also a problem with the generators for the complex not meeting emission standards, and they're not likely to, without either bribing a few people or doing some big mods.

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Did they ever get those generators seen to Bedlam?

a reply to: Bedlam

join