It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turtle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Sweltering wasn't even the word I was looking for. It was like baking, that's it. I'm baking. How did I get here? Memory gone. 

Slowly I moved forward, what seemed like forward anyway. Like an ant under a boy's magnifying glass on an August day.
I had never seen the desert in person but I had heard about it. Focus on water, must focus  on finding moisture. 

Hours went by, I plodded ahead. My tongue felt like an old square pencil eraser. I fought a strong urge to search for small vegetation, maybe a spare insect for a meal, disgusting. What have I
become?

What nobody knew wasn't the problem. They must have put me here. Here in the Sun to die alone. It's fitting, really. I was warned.

Clouds of dust in the distance signaled something coming, something large, loud, and fast. From a distant memory I somehow remembered what this was, some type of transport but for what or whom I couldn't say.

It's close now. Two small suns grew brighter in its smile. Maybe it was here to save me from this dry Hell, like an Angel. The wheels turn around below, quite mesmerizing.

Shifts of silver sands then changes my view. It looms close, growling...At me? Is this why I am here?

Oh. Impact, then instant Bliss. I see now, I know now. It was a test. There was no pain, at least.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Interesting! So in this short-lived life, was there a Kharmic Debt paid? I assume since this was such an innocent life that Dharma would dictate that the next incarnation should be more rewarding. What would the turtle become?

Perhaps in some twisted loop the very person driving the car is the turtle but since time is not linear the incarnation preceded the death! The man literally killed himself by killing the turtle! No wonder he became a turtle!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Thanks for that, I just needed to get it out there.

I like your interpretation.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
(Bump)

It is a shame more people do not bother to read creative efforts such as this. Nice job my friend. Thank you for sharing.

new topics

top topics

join