It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When A President Visits a Disaster Site, Work Stops?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

What part of agreeing with you that he shouldn't have gone, do you not understand? However, considering that your complaining about it on a forum actually affects nothing either way, I'm entitled to voice my observation that either way he moved he would be attacked for it, since that also affects nothing.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I'm no fan of Obama, but most of the people at the memorial service weren't people that lost everything in the tornado. they were mostly people that lived in Joplin and outside the tornado's path or people from the smaller cities around Joplin.

Most people that lost everything in the tornado were at their houses looking for loved ones, and or their personal belongings.

as i said i live in Joplin and personally I'm glad he waited until the memorial to visit. I'm not happy about work being stopped just because he was in town though and a few people In joplin didn't want him to come at all.

Times like this the President whoever it is at the time will always be criticized about how soon he visits a disaster area, and whether he just flies over the area or he walks through.

And yes he could have turned off campaign mode for a couple hours while he was here but like i said before whether you like him or not, he gave a big shot of hope to the people that are here listening. and believe me yes the federal help is nice to have, but the people in Joplin really aren't depending on it. we'll clean up or city and rebuild even if we don't get help from the feds. know what i mean.

<< 1   >>

join