It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Heart Breaking! SICK! Patient Abuse Caught On Tape Labelled Torture!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The truth is, abuse knows no boundaries. It is not bound by sex, race, religion, economic status, country and now not even a dasability. As a nurse I know this is not the first time something like this has happened I have witnessed abuse a few times in my career, however, I have never seen something as blatant and evil by supposed caregivers as this.

I will let you be the judge.
bbc news

Secret filming at Winterbourne View appears to show patients being physically and verbally abused.

Police in Bristol have arrested four people after secret filming by BBC Panorama found a pattern of serious abuse at a residential hospital. Winterbourne View treats people with learning disabilities and autism.

I will have more to say on this in a bit.

Thanks,
Pax

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
That is absolutely disgusting! The article says that 13 employees were suspended, but they should have been fired, and arrested and jailed for abuse. What the Hell is wrong with people? Now that I think about it, the owners of the facility should be jailed too for letting this go on.
edit on 31-5-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
That is completely messed up and as always it brings up the question of whats going on that's not on film?
Whats going on in other places like this?

This is the company that owns the facility..
www.castlebeck.com...

(email is at top-right)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well, it was on the news so we know everyone knows.
Including these peoples future cellmates.
It will come around.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Please send these bastards Guantanamo

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Heads better roll for this $hit.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

"These are all peoples' sons, daughters, parents, aunties, uncles. These are all people who have got families… the families themselves do not know what goes on there."

BBC

This [color=Gray37]↑↑↑ statement, is just as disgusting as the described events, that have allegedly occurred. This does not matter.

[color=Gray37]Example:
1: Betty is mentally unstable and has been at this hospital for 3 years. She has a large family that loves her, and is visited by family members at least twice a week.

2: Bobby was abandoned at birth, and spent his entire childhood bouncing around from one foster home to the next, before eventually coming to this hospital. He has been here for 6 years, and has never had a visitor.

People are people. Neither deserves to be tortured as a method of rehabilitation. It is just as much of a disgusting act to one, as it is to the other.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Too many times, have I seen this kind of thing happen. The bureaucrats are ultimately responsible. An employee files a complaint, and takes it to the highest level, just to have that complaint completely ignored, or white washed.

Big of them to apologize. So what!! The families need to be compensated for the emotional abuse they have undergone due to the egregious actions of the owners. Period, in my opinion anything less, is pure BS and not acceptable.

I cried when I saw this. Perhaps, it hits just a little too close to home. I have an autistic child, with an uncertain future. Could this be his fate? My God! For someone who perpetrates this type of crime, nothing short of prison is good enough.

These are sick and twisted individuals.

Thank you for your replies,
Pax

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

Spot on.

Let this serve as a warning to those not yet warned.

DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVED ONES IN PLACES LIKE THIS.

DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVED ONES IN RETIREMENT HOMES.

This abuse is inherent with the intellectual capabilities of the caregivers, be careful.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is beyond sick, there had better be some serious criminal charges placed on ALL involved.

The response from the UK Government Authority and the Care Givers are just as sick

Is it now just Standard Operating Procedure to just use the BP Oil Tony Hayward Reply.

Not to take away from the seriousness of this issue, but the creators of South Park have portrayed it best:

S&F

Warmest Regards,

t

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

I would give you 100+ stars if I could!! You are Right On with this video!!! This was exactly my point!! "SORRY"
means NADA if not backed by ACTION!!!

Who gives a crap if they are sorry!! Which leads to the old adage, "Are you truly sorry for your lack of action, or, just sorry you got caught?"

The creators of South Park, while I disagree with their vulgarity at times, are nothing less than brilliant!! Damn funny too!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
i saw this last night and i also cried watching it. these were vulnerable people who needed special attention and compassion.

those care workers (and the nurses who stood by and let them carry on attacking the patients) were monsters! they abused and attacked the residents for their own entertainment and were totally cruel because they were bored. their 'pack leader' used to work in a prison and treated the patients like scum whilst the others looked up to him. it was so hard to watch and i hope they are all jailed for a very long time.

how can this have been allowed to go on for so many years? what's wrong with us as a society now?

edit on 1-6-2011 by justyc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join