It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone tell me the origin of this Ancient Alien cave painting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I am usually very familar with the famous ones that are all over the internet but this one I saved to my computer a couple years back and I forgot where it came from. If not a hoax one can obviously come to the conclusion it is depicting an extraterrestrial. I would love to find out the location of the painting as well as the time period.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awalltheone
I am usually very familar with the famous ones that are all over the internet but this one I saved to my computer a couple years back and I forgot where it came from. If not a hoax one can obviously come to the conclusion it is depicting an extraterrestrial. I would love to find out the location of the painting as well as the time period.

If it is real, why should it be obvious that it is depicting an extraterrestrial?

It could easily depict a shaman in costume, a god or totem-spirit they followed.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Awalltheone

I am pretty familiar with rock paintings in this style but cant recall ever seeing this particular one. Google Sego Canyon or Barrier Canyon rock art....they are done in a similar style if I recall.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Except for the head, which is weird, it looks like it's depicting a woman with the proportions moved upward. Just an observation but it looks like the painter was drawing the arms straight and then decided to draw them reaching for something.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It is a very interesting cave painting. I think the things sticking out on the side are breasts, and the figure represents a woman, imo. I searched through about sixty pages of images on google images, with several different search terms, and this image did not turn up. I also put it into the TinEye plug in, and came up with nothing. TinEye searches through over a billion images.

I hope someone can help ID this cave painting.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

When you saved the image, did you keep the original file name?

If so, what is it?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
There is also a 'stick figure' type drawing that I can see in this painting - can anyone else see it?

I have not seen this image before, where did you find it?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Try feeding it to www.tineye.com it might come up with other websites where it might have been posted before... Unfortunately I cannot do it for you as the cyber-police at work blocks the tineye site.

Hope you find the origins...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old_RSA

Try feeding it to www.tineye.com it might come up with other websites where it might have been posted before... Unfortunately I cannot do it for you as the cyber-police at work blocks the tineye site.

Hope you find the origins...
I already tried TinEye, 0 results.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
If it is real, why should it be obvious that it is depicting an extraterrestrial?

It could easily depict a shaman in costume, a god or totem-spirit they followed.

Except ... One of the first things i looked for, was to see if it had 4 fingers .. the same amount as our grey friends supposedly have ....

And sure enough ....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Segenam
Except ... One of the first things i looked for, was to see if it had 4 fingers .. the same amount as our grey friends supposedly have ....

And sure enough ....

But that could just easily mean he is related to the Simpsons or Peter Griffin. And greys don't have tiny beady eyes or antenna on the side of their heads.

Cave art was never an exact replica of the object depicted but stylized. Human were often shown as stick figures; should we then assume that our ancestors were two-dimensional and featureless? Full-body depictions were resolved for animals, spirits and shamans.
edit on 1-6-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Absolutely ...

It is a comical looking representation of something .. what with the elasticated jelly arms etc ... its great

Good find OP ... I love this stuff ...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What's the mystery here?

Haven't you ever seen a hermaphrodite with a moose head, boobs in their neck and a raging erection?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This alien is called a Jaggon

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I'll put my neck on the line and suggest it isn't anything old and is probably very recent.

The style doesn't look like anything I've seen before, the feet in particular are unlike cave/rock art from any location I can think of. The creator seems to have used a brush to trace the outline of a pareidolic shape on the rock surfacer and added details later.

I could be wrong, but that's how it appears to me.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
What's the mystery here?

Haven't you ever seen a hermaphrodite with a moose head, boobs in their neck and a raging erection?

Aye, with fishnet shorts I noticed too.
edit on 1/6/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It reminds me of the cave paintings in South America, what is it....that devil they pay respect to while blowing up mines for...I think copper?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Probably a fertiltiy figure, or some kind of animal-headed deity. Most definitely not ET in origin. Are any of them? Really??

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

e7c6168690da.jpg is what It was saved as. Again, I have no idea where I found it. I actually think I found it possibly right here on ATS. Not sure tho.

As for those who automatically dismiss this being a representation of a Extraterrestrial, dont be so close minded. This looks nothing like a human being. Theres four figures on each hand, ears that seem to be protruding out kinda like Shrek from that childrens animation movie. There is alos no depiction of a mouth or nose. Just two circular eyes.

As for the claim that it is representing fertility, Im not sure. This looks more like a male rather than female. Usually the ancient depictions of fertility and woman exaggerated their curves of their bodies and feminine features. It looks like a spindly alien wearing a suit of some sort in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awalltheone
reply to post by dsm1664

As for those who automatically dismiss this being a representation of a Extraterrestrial, dont be so close minded.

Don't don't be so caught up in your own conclusions that no one else can be correct.

While it could very well be a depiction of an ET, it's just as likely to be a shaman in full clothing, a god or something else.

Dismissing the fact it could be a drawing of something that is terrestrial is just as ignorant as dismissing that it could be an ET.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join