It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats happening to ats?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hi, I first came upon ATS about four years ago. I used to love coming to the site and being able to click "recent posts" to find the latest threads with a star and flag count displayed, the articles were always well written, and extremely intelligent, interesting, & relevant,. now you have to weed through loads and loads of absolute garbage thats written by what seems like 13-18 year olds...and half of its regarding bogus ufo videos...I'm afraid this web site has permanently changed for the worse. I find it difficult to navigate, and usually end up hitting dead ends anytime i want to find a new interested article to read. maybe my first real thread will be the ARCHIVES MOST IMPORTANT MUST READ THREADS OF ATS HISTORY.. to satisfy the introduction part - passions in life are astronomy, all religions , ancient history, politics (i'm an independent myself) i dont believe in the veil of republican/democrat, music (creating and listening, likes are that of respectively: Muse,Eminem, Queen,the doors,empire of the sun, Aesop Rock, and ratatat Fall out Boy), psychology, helping others with less than myself, mountain biking, nature in general, botany, reading (currently: Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge A Radical History of Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution, also - The Universe Next Door: A Basic Worldview Catalog, 5th Edition). I grew up in Kodiak, Alaska where i spent alot of time fishing for sport also commercially on big boats. I race downhill mountain bikes on a team based in Auburn, CA. I like to stay active outdoors kayaking, running, biking, hiking, swimming, meditation,.. I've traveled to Turkey and spent some time traveling around by bus in 2005 learning about the culture, I think its time for a reconstruction of our current government. I'm here to help enlighten those who are seeking truth, and refine my existing knowledge.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I will simply respond that ATS is what YOU make of it.

This is a member driven site.

If you do not like what you see, be the change you wish to see and start contributing the kind of posts and threads that you would like to see here on ATS.

Simple as that, really.

This is coming from a veteran of the site.

Do with it as you will.

Good day.
edit on 31-5-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
another one who wants it handed to him on a silver platter

my good mad if you don't like it why don't you take the time to add all that content?

The people who put those kinda pages together takes alot of time and effort ....

they don't get paid for it they do it out of the passion of knowledge and sharing information with a tinge of disucssion and debate ...

how can a begger be a chooser?

be greatful you have such a website that brings so many topics into one neat little package

good day to you

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The world has changed dramatically the last several years.

The entire planet is polarizing.

ATS is a part of that world.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

awesome point. lead by example right? I will indeed.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

But you ddin't tell us your sign and whether you like long walks on the beach...just kidding.

Welcome home......you'll find what your looking for, but it's like cleaning the garage. You have to go though a lot of stuff sometimes to find it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I Think i might have not expressed what I meant very well, or it somehow was lost in translation. I do appreciate those contributors who spend countless hours putting together great threads, however in the recent years the overall content has been convoluted to overspamming of irrelevant threads, and over star/flagging of too many articles. I really wasn't trying to complain. I'm a creative problem solver so heres my suggestion. charge a $5.00 annual membership fee. I don't expect anything to be handed to me on a platter. theres only one real truth and it gets buried with garbage constantly. I only wish it was better for those who are new to ats, so that they might have a better experience and actually become enlighted to things that can help them unlock their full potential.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
And on any given topic you can post-surf pretty rapidly, and skip the trolling-arguing-lookatme! posts and get to the ones with a sizable amount of data. This cuts down on time and gives your brain a chance to pick up more information per second (unless the route of reading the odd ones is taken, which also has its benefits).

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Do you miss Alaska?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

yep all the time!!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

California sucks and so do the people........I wouldn't even want to go their on vacation. Its dirty, polluted and way to over populated. I could go on but I won't hehehe

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

you know what they say about california... its the granola state, the state full of fruits, nuts, and flakes.

dont be so quick to judge CA though! There are still some awesome parts of northern CA, not to mention I only live an hour and a half to frisco as well as south lake tahoe..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Hey I was born and raised so I can say that
. You do have a point though.....Northern is the way to go if you MUST live there. Tahoe is pretty but the people still suck there though....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

You've become burnt out.

I've seen a hundred of these threads.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Welcome Knight Who Says Ni

I'm here to help enlighten those who are seeking truth, and refine my existing knowledge.

As one who has come here to seek truth I welcome you. I appreciate any and all help which comes my way.
I would also be glad to assist you in refining your existing knowledge. Just ask. It might be fun.

So I would like to ask a question

Are you ready to start refining?

As you also say

theres only one real truth

Oh?

new topics

top topics

join