It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ala. town hit by tornadoes bans FEMA trailers for homeless; The Mayor of this town is an IDIOT.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is what happens when public servants begins serving their own interests first, and the public last... or not at all.

Tar and feathering is a time honored fix for these things.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Boondock brings up an interesting point.

So what is the mayor's track record to this point? Is this recent stance and quoted statements in or out of character for him?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Good for the Mayor for stepping up for the people as remember the FEMA trailers from Katrina? A few families did get to occupy them and most, if not all turned up sick and whatever wasn't used was left to rot in either Arkansas or Oklahoma.
edit on 1-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
this is what happens when a conspiracy theorist kook runs a town, they have read the countless threads by the braindead masses how FEMA and their trailers are EVIL! or from the Devil, or part of some Illuminati plot or concentration camp... so this tinfoil hat wearing moron then bans fema trailers in his town..

looks like another good conspiracy theorist cult kook from ats has been elected to public office.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by

ok, let's see.

If you were the Mayor,
would you rather look like
an @r$ehole???

or would you rather look
incompetent ???

@r$ehole wins every time

Hmmmmmmm.............maybe.....?...
But one thing is for sure.
Right now he looks like both.......an incompetent @r$ehole.
Either way he loses the next election.
I still don't believe he was trying to avoid a federal lawsuit.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by idunno12

Boondock brings up an interesting point.

So what is the mayor's track record to this point? Is this recent stance and quoted statements in or out of character for him?

Lol, he is the mayor of a small town, only about 2000 residents. I doubt if he has a recorded "track record" to look at.
K.I.S.S.
I think yall may be reading to much into this. I don't even think fema is sending the "Katrina trailers".

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

I think we may be in agreement on this one Cito, star for your post. I am still laughing.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
I still don't believe he was trying to avoid a federal lawsuit.

ok, I'll bite

just what do you think the Fed Gov's
response would be if the mayor
refuses FEMA trailers due to them
being hazardous to your health ???
After FEMA has cleared them for use ???

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
this is what happens when a conspiracy theorist kook runs a town, they have read the countless threads by the braindead masses how FEMA and their trailers are EVIL! or from the Devil, or part of some Illuminati plot or concentration camp... so this tinfoil hat wearing moron then bans fema trailers in his town..
looks like another good conspiracy theorist cult kook from ats has been elected to public office.

so, you think this is a conspiracy theory ??
and these FEMA trailers are safe.
think again

CDC tests confirm FEMA trailers are toxic
Agency to relocate Gulf Coast residents because of formaldehyde fumes

www.msnbc.msn.com...

so when did MSNBC start running conspiracy theories
as main stream news ???

And CDC is involved in the conspiracy as well huh ??

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
i think the mayor should get a medal
for not subjecting his citizens to toxic
fumes from FEMA trailers.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Gee live in a clean toxic free tent or gov FEMA approved toxic filled, mold infested flee trap give me the tent and take you gov FEMA housing and let it rot where the sun don't shine. I have seen the so called FEMA homes and the smell, the fungus, the stench and this is after it has been cleaned, is enough to turn anyone green and not with envy.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You are right!I had forgotten about those FEMA trailers
being proven to be a health hazzard.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just so I am clear on what yall are saying......

The mayor said he did not want to allow the trailers in town because "he does not want run down trailers all over the town years from now". He would rather the residents who lost their homes in this small town sleep in tents or the ruins of their homes.

BUT WHAT HE IS REALLY SAYING IS...........

that the trailers are from fema and fema is from the government and the government is trying to kill everyone with their poison toxic trailers from hell. But he can't come out and say this because the government will sue him for talking trash about their trashy trailers.
So he would rather take his chances saying that he does not want them in town because of the way they will look, and to hell with the people who lost everything, let 'em sleep in the streets and while they are there, they should all thank him for saving their lives from the toxic, poisoned, evil, death trailers of fema.??.
Is that what some of you are saying? If so I gots a wee bit o' friendly advice for ya...........

TAKE A BREAK!
Back away from the computer,
step outside, get some vitamin D,
and for goodness sake, PLEASE find a real person to TALK to face to face.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
double post
edit on 1-6-2011 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So what YOU are really saying is...
Despite past illnesses related to the FEMA trailers and subsequent testing to verify they are toxic and hazardous to any occupants' health, you think the people should live in them anyway? What if people get sick, would you then hold the Mayor responsible for not protecting the people?
If I were him, I would not tatke a risk with people's health like that. Better to find an alternative to FEMA's potentially fatally toxic trailers and risk being labeled an idiot by the likes of you, then be responsible for people's death from incompetence.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm not surprised Boondock read the words on the page, namely that the mayor doesn't want the trailers for aesthetic purposes, and came to a completely different conclusion. It must be tiring to be BS.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
you know maybe if people started building their homes out of concrete instead of sticks

maybe the tornado damage could have been mitigated and then there would be no need for fema or help

same with the idiot buidlers for katrina building in a flood zone.

billions are lost and lives are destroyed all for what?

cause people are stupid and want to save a buck hows that working out for people?

homes gone jobs lost everything lost.

i cringe at the thought of anything related to fema i also cringe at the thought of people thinking the government owes them something.

never fear the government is here to save you.

whatever ordinance another tornado hits and there you are living in something worse than what use to be your home.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join