It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meeting an ATS Friend - Crossing the border from Canada to the USA - I've never been so hassled

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

I am warning you.

I had a friend on ATS who wanted to get some info about conspiracy. the friend of him never showed up . as he came back his house was broken into and there was a warning left in his house.

some times it is not always as simple as you think. you friend. hmd.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Welcome to the patriot act. I live in Western New York not far from the bridge where you crossed. I have traveled to Canada for decades, I now no longer do for the reasons you have related. The American border patrol now think they are para military and impowered to harass anyone they want just like the TSA. Also the border is legal no man's land ie, they can hold you with no charge forever if they want. Funny that the Canadian border is like this and the Mexican border is a seive.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

for the record, I'm Canadian and used to regularly cross into Maine via St. Stephen NB. I've had similar experiences, both ways, our friendly Canadian border agents can be (words I can't use on this forum).

The worst possible experience was traveling to New York just before x-mas 2000. I, after not enjoying the previous years plane fiasco, opted for the train. Well apparently someone was going to bomb the time square new years eve celebration and they had caught someone coming across the same border with bomb materials, and I think even someone on a train, I can't recall. So security was basically on alert.

I'm young, long hair, and have a guitar with me. Yup, I was searched because they "found drugs" then when they didn't they "detected drugs" and when they didn't they decided to search me and all my belongings, dirty underwear and all. And this guy, total gestapo attitude, shaved head, pushing me around the train car. At one point he wanted to take my damn guitar apart.

I was very submissive and answered" yes sir, no sir" to each question, but once he started tearing apart my wallet I just couldn't stop laughing, it was such a sick joke.

I've only crossed the border 1 other time, out of necessity, and probably never will again.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Quite frankly, it's incidents like this that convince me to never ever visit the United States. I have too much respect for myself and my family to let border guards/TSA agents/Police treat us like we are terrorists.

Now before the apologist crowd jumps all over me, YES I blame average Americans for it. Why? Because you guys have the power in your votes to change things and yet time and time again you do not. What the hell is the point of your constitution that you hold so dear if nobody uses the damn thing to change the tyranny into something more productive? Hmmm?

No, I'm not an American hater (as many wish to think I am) - I am just sick to death of hearing about America's liberties and freedoms that are actually now non-existant. I personally prefer watching paint dry to listening to an American crap on about their constitution now.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Something about this is appalling. I guess they want to keep out the terrorists, but still.

The last time I crossed the Canadian border, years ago, my mother had wanted to go see some fancy, elegant gardens.

When he asked why we were going I said "to look at flowers".

He waved us through.

My how things have changed. Thank Bin Laden and his boys.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Thank Bin Laden and his boys.

No, you should be thanking America's PTB for instituting an over-the-top law that preyed upon unrealistic fears of 'tewwowists' to get the American public to accept it.

You should then extend that thanks to the American public for allowing it to happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You know what? They are unfortunately not "tewowists", or whatever you said. It is anything but comical, no matter how you might want to minimize it. They are terrorists, they are real, and they want to do their dirty work here. These policies are actually made defensively, not offensively.
As inconvenient as it may be, the policies are in place for a reason. If you ever lose someone in one of these attacks, you won't be so quick to try to reduce it to the ridiculous.

But there is no sense in the rudeness of the border patrol. Most people coming through are just simply citizens trying to cross the border peacefully.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Right, so the 'War on Terrorism' is a directed war with clear goals and a clear enemy. Pray tell, who exactly are the 'terrorists'? Hmm?

You guzzled that Kool-Aid down quickly didn't you?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

Again, I believe that 911 was a planned false flag orchestrated event in order to manipulate the American People into yet another war as well as get rid of many of our "freedoms" in the name of National Security".

With fear, you can get almost anyone to do or give up almost anything.

But, and this is the big picture most people do not consider all over the planet................now, today it is America. This will become, if not stopped a planet wide way of life.

TPTB - Whoever the real power elite are, have just decided to take down America first. They are using the exact same war stradegy in the book, "Art of War" by Sun Tzu.

Within 100 years (or sooner) all countries will fall into line or be eliminated.

Unity and Rebellion are the only way to stop this - BUT, it must be peaceful because with a violent uprising, as David Icke predicted, "that is exactly what they want because that will give "them" (whoever they are) the power to envoke Marshall Law".

At this point, I truly don't know where the answer to this dilemma lies.

America, I preceive is already lost, as is Britian. I suspect America never really left British rule, look at the banking ties between America and The Bank of England............America split from England in name only.

Now I am sure the above statement will anger and provoke a lot of unpleasant discussion, but that is how, after studying our "history" the conclusion I have come up with......simply follow the money.

Like in the Wizard of Oz, "Following the yellow brick road".......replace yellow brick road with the word money.

What I see is and this is the scary part I'm surprised the smarter ones on ATS don't seem to see is that movement among all people are being slowly but surely being restricted. Almost like corralling cattle before slaughtering.

Certain areas (Katrina, Japan, Haiti) are being cleared (for what or who?)

I have watched some people with a little power (big fish small pond) and again I say to you, the ones with even just a little power, leave nothing to chance.............every single aspect of acquiring power is well thought out in advance. Somethings may appear to just "happen" but don't kid yourself, the really big stuff is more than likely very well planned out decades (or more) in advance.............the 50m question again for the 100th time I put out there is who is really running the show on Planet Earth?

Now, most everyone discounts David Icke............so be it.

Hindsight, I've had much of that in my almost six decades of life and it's a very ugly beast.

People, the human race has been warned and choses whether by mind conditioning, ignorance, or simply believing the mainstream frap we are fed daily is being lied to and manipulated.

This time around, not enough of us woke the muck up fast enough............the Matrix continues.

edit on 1-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Four years ago we had to cross into the states at the Rainbow Bridge. My husband, myself and my 6 month old daughter.

There was a horrible line up and there were armed border security all over the place. Well, we had been waiting for over an hour when my baby started screaming. I got out of the car to get in the back seat to comfort her and a guard drew his gun on me. He told me "to get back in the car", I told him I was "getting in the back seat to comfort my baby" and he said "NO! Back in your car NOW". I ignored him and got in the back seat.

There were no repercussions, except dealing with my hubby's anger at me but mostly at the guard. To this day, I have no idea what caused all the craziness but I realized we were living in a different world when a gun is drawn on a Mom trying to comfort her infant.

BTW: Hamilton to Rainbow bridge took you 1 hr 20 mins? Maybe it was the horse and carriage you were driving that made them so suspicious

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

"we were living in a different world when a gun is drawn on a Mom trying to comfort her infant."

And you were very lucky the guard did not shoot you............thank god you are both safe.

Again, I am nearing 60 and for you young ones, the world has indeed changed, and this is just the beginning. As the power escalates, so will their openess and it is spreading like a cancer, this will become world wide.

Again I ask, who is the real power behind the curtain?

Knowing who your real enemy is - is half the battle.

I've watched people with just a little power and they always shift the "awareness" off onto someone else other than where it actually is.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Wait, America is the testing ground.

Ground zero for the spreading tyranny................if not nipped in the bud this too will spread like a cancer.

But the rest of the world just doesn't realize this yet.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Gosh it's getting to sound more and more like Nazi Germany, ya think?

The restriction on planes is moving now to trains, soon buses, everywhere.

Call it paranoid or foresight............and it will spread planet wide if left unchecked.

Last reply our power is being cut, they are building something that requires electricity to be shut off a lot lately?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I love the quote you have in your signature - it describes perfectly my thoughts and feelings about America and it's people.....

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who dont do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

edit on 1/6/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Helpful Hint:
Next time if you don;t want to stand out, tell the guards what every other Canadian says at the border:
"I'm going to Disneyworld!"
Be sure to wear the Mickey Mouse Ears when you cross.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Well the power is still on and I had to give you a star for that one, gave me a good laugh and you are more than correct.

It's like in the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers, just act like you're a part of the dumb herd and they will let you through easier.............very good

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

We have bigger things to worry about like getting out of this war, the economy, and gas prices, and the southern border, then to worry about some agents on the Rainbow Bridge.

I am sorry this happened to the poster. But it is what happens much more often on the southern border.

No one is accussing Canadians of anything, much less being terrorists.
Everyone assumes it is about terrorism..

It is the drug runners that are causing the trouble. They are now avoiding the southern border and coming in the states through Europe and Canada. Not to mention Americans who go to Canada for pharmaceutical purposes. Canada is more relaxed on drugs then the US is.

I agree it is not great for tourism or for those who want to go shopping.

The answer to the toughness of the Patriot act and to allow Americans and Canadians over the border is the Nexus pass. You go for an interview and it helps you get over the border much faster. Since you go through a background check and interview with both customs, it works faster then a passport to get you through the border.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Border agents often have exaggerated ego trips, it's the only persons I have to pretend I like when I talk to them.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So much for the US/Canada border being the longest non-militarized border in the world.

Maybe that's how it was pre-9/11.

Welcome to the New United States of America. Guilty until beaten innocent.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Gah....Prolly shouldn't have mentioned the internet. Americans just suck nowadays, huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join