It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connection Between Cell Phone Warnings and Extreme Solar Flares??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Evening all! This post reflects a concept that I'm first starting to ponder so please bare with me as I work through and present this hypothesis.

Firstly, this is not another thread about the World Health Organization's proclamation about cell phone usage and cancer; however, I'm sure we all heard it today since it was posted all over the place by the MSM. When I first heard the "official" announcement via CNN, my initial reaction was to wonder why TPTB would want to suddenly try to scare people away from using their cell phones, especially given the recent discovery about certain new phones containing tracking software (which many believe fits a possible agenda of expanding their monitoring capabilities of the population at large). So I started wondering, why this sudden reversal? In my mind, the benefits gained from the sudden reversal must be more important, in the short-term, than any long term goal (in this case, the short-term goal being to scare people away, at least temporarily, from using their cell phones and the long-term goal to use them as tracking devices) and then I started thinking about the warnings of upcoming intensified solar flares and how they might affect communication systems. I know that there's been much debate as to whether or not our communications grid would actually be affected by extreme solar flares and I'm certainly not knowledgeable enough to comment either way, but if there is any validity to this claim or to the possibility that the flares could affect more than just our communication systems (i.e. our health, our defense systems, etc.), is it not feasible that they would at least try to prevent as many people as possible from wondering why something is off with communications (i.e. cell phone disruptions) until such disruptions stop? Furthermore, the fact that the announcement was made by the WHO, an organization recognized on a global level, seems somewhat interesting to me as well. Again, this is merely an initial attempt to "connect the dots" and I'm wondering what everyone else's thoughts might be...

Timidgal

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
my initial reaction was to wonder why TPTB would want to suddenly try to scare people away from using their cell phones, especially given the recent discovery about certain new phones containing tracking software (which many believe fits a possible agenda of expanding their monitoring capabilities of the population at large). So I started wondering, why this sudden reversal? In my mind, the benefits gained from the sudden reversal must be more important, in the short-term, than any long term goal (in this case, the short-term goal being to scare people away, at least temporarily, from using their cell phones and the long-term goal to use them as tracking devices)

So you are saying that TPTB are tracking us and then scaring us about what they are using to track us? And releasing the cancer news is all part of their plan for a short-term reversal and then they're going back to the long term plan?
It sounds like you are thinking wayyy to much about this and trying to stretch connections that aren't even there.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
hya
good thread
ive wonderd myself about mobiles,i remember late 1990s there was news of builders an businessmen carryin mobiles in the same pockets and they developed tumours in that area...
your making think a bit more on thelines of
reverse phsycology
chears...dave

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

Nope - I'm not saying, I'm merely being open minded to what others have been saying. Is it not true that many were suspicious when the iPhone software was discovered? Is it not true that there's been debate about possible detrimental effects to our planet from the solar flares? Also, an agenda can change as circumstances change, no? I'm typically not a conspiracy theorist and I don't even know, as I stated in my post, if there's validity to some of these claims gleaned from other discussions, but if you were willing to consider ANY conspiracy theory involving governmental employment of mass psyops or disinformation techniques, don't you at least need to be open minded to something like this?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Maybe there is going to be an increase in cancer cases globally (due maybe to oil spills and nucular fallout and gm foods)

so this info might be a seed for a future excuse for said cancer cases.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Exactly the type of thought provocation I was looking to start with this thread. I merely presented one possibility and my overall intent was to get people to think about the possibilities. Your's are certainly feasible...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I am generally very open minded. And I do still leave room in my mind that you could be right. I'll be first to admit if I was wrong. But it just sounds like a bunch of loose connections were being made. I do also agree though that it is always good to voice what you think.
I guess it just depends on one's personal thoughts about the government.
I definitely do agree they have a secret agenda, but sometimes I think certain conclusions made about them can be very outlandish.
It'd take a big committee within the government to make such decisions to go back and forth on stuff like that

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

Agreed but sometimes the most outlandish becomes feasible because of it's implausibility. Then again, many times the wrong dots are connected but we do the best we can to stay alert and vigilant to all possibilities by thinking outside the box. Thanks for sharing your thoughts as your opinions are just as valid as mine or any one else's...

TG

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

My thoughts exactly! I think they use just about anything as an excuse for what causes cancer so they can continue to make money off the things that really do cause cancer. Lately with all the radiation I'm sure we are soaking up, this provides an easy cover.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Maybe there is a connection between solar flares and WHO cell phone cancer stories, but I don't see one off the top of my head.

However, I think you are noticing a very subtle and yet very important technique the elites use in the presentation of news". All important news items are always paired with an opposing point of view to throw people off.

If there is a public perception that cell phones are tracking devices, throw out a news item from WHO saying cell phones "possibly" cause cancer. People wonder, why would they put out that report then?

They will always play things both ways, as long as they can, to confuse people. Want them to believe in aliens? Make fake UFOs on videos that intentionally look like cheap CGI. "The UN has an alien ambassador", then refute the story the next day. Want to disguise the 2012 propaganda? Make up a nonsense rapture date for people to mock so that people are caught in a state of tension, is 2012 real or is it not real? Just look at how politicians operate, will they or won't they run for president? It's the same principle.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I was thinking wat dave smart said, reverse physcology, people hear 'cell phones may cause cancer' been using it for 10 years already, the average cell phone user, 'well thats dumb, what a load of Sh*t' *continues to use cellphone.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcrash

However, I think you are noticing a very subtle and yet very important technique the elites use in the presentation of news". All important news items are always paired with an opposing point of view to throw people off.

Firstly, great input from everyone and I appreciate the posts; I wasn't sure if it was going to be a bashfest at first and I'm glad that more open minded views prevailed. I think that the most important takeaway here was said by jcrash in that we are all starting to become more aware of the subtle ways TPTB present conflicting news to keep us off kilter. If nothing else, the more we become aware of these subtleties, the easier it will be for us to spot them and question "ok, what's really going on here?".

Thanks again all and I hope everyone stayed safe through today's turbulent weather; what an unbelievable rollercoaster ride that was, huh? My thoughts ands prayers go out to the folks in Springfield and the surrounding towns in MASS.

In the immortal words of the great Jerry Garcia - "lately it's occurred to me, what a lonnnng strange trip it's been"...

Stay safe all!

TG
edit on 6/1/2011 by timidgal because: Just because

new topics

top topics

join