It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by sonnny1

You don't like the fact that many kids from a single parent family do well in school and become successful and law abiding citizens. It all comes down to the custodial parent. It's hard work for any parent regardless of whether they are divorced or not but if you create an environment where you set boundaries and keep the child focused, the sky's the limit. Where I come from, Education Education Education is priority. You get involved with your child. We are similar to the Tiger mum but more balanced. We teach our children to value education on both an academic and spiritual level. If they have no interest in a musical instrument, they have to have an interest in sport; they have no other choice in the matter. Yes we can be overbearing at times but we are also very protective of our children.

You don't need to have alot of wealth to get your child where he or she needs to go.

Single parent homes, whether it be a man or a woman, is NOT an ideal environment to raise a child in. Plenty of kids grow up in orphanages too and go on to be successful, many don't. It is not an ideal environment. And being a bastard is not ideal either.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

There are plenty of 2 parent homes where the environment is not a good one either. I have no doubts there are many more of these around the USA more than ever, just waiting to blow a gasket at any moment especially where there are financial difficulties!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

There are plenty of 2 parent homes where the environment is not a good one either. I have no doubts there are many more of these around the USA more than ever, just waiting to blow a gasket at any moment especially where there are financial difficulties!

Finances are much easier to manage when both parents live in the same home. Splitting a family into two households is double the cost. Two rents, two sets of utility bills, even meals increase in cost per serving.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

You miss the point!!!!!! Children coming from single family homes,rich or poor do worse then what your "teacher" claimed.AGAIN, LINK PLEASE,to prove that point???????????????????

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think I may know what the problem is maybe?

For all the links you have provided sonnny1 and other members throughout this thread that refutes Bluemirages biased opinions,that she continues to be totally silent on...

I think her kids might be messing around with the remote? Dunno,I`m not 100% on the theory,but could go to explain it.

Either that or we were right when we all thought her to be a troll.At least the links and the info are up there for people to view.

edit on 22-6-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
haha nice picture gps
If only such a thing existed.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Funny skippy......

I'm surprised you did'nt post a dead man on a stick and deem him your saviour
edit on 22-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Once a family spilts it then becomes two separate residences and no one person is paying two sets of rent etc. Food in fact decreases, one mouth less to feed, less housework, less washing, full control of remote!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Once a family spilts it then becomes two separate residences and no one person is paying two sets of rent etc. Food in fact decreases, one mouth less to feed, less housework, less washing, full control of remote!

I'm sure plenty of guys who pay both sets of rent/mortgages would disagree with the first part of that statement. The second part is totally from a female perspective, and promoting the fact that women are better off without men as they then have less work to do around the house

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Should be given out on Fathers Day!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

But, we're only talking about child support not alimony

/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Fine, if that's the way you see it, pay your own damn bills. Like I have been saying all along.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by Ginga

But, we're only talking about child support not alimony

/sarcasm

Anything more than $50 a week for child support is overpayment and going into the woman's pocket, not the child's.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

$50/week is kind of light.

I would be willing to pay whatever I could afford if it was guaranteed to the children.

Same with spousal support (Canadian Alimony). If she had a job (or was making an honest effort to provide for herself), I would have no problems trying to make life for the children (and her by proxy) as similar to what it was while we were together.

The only real issue I have with the current system is the complete lack of oversight. Hand over your money and pray she spends it appropriately? No thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

I am a grown man who lives on $50 a week. Certainly a child can live on that.

Now if you CHOOSE to give more to your kid, contribute to their household in a way that gives them a more appropriate standard of living, that is fine, the right thing to do in fact. But that is not up to the state to decide.

...under New York's Family Court Act, they cited two findings that required them to determine neglect. The first is "proof of actual (or imminent danger of) physical, emotional, or mental impairment to the child." Second is the danger "must be a consequence of the parent's failure to exercise a minimum degree of parental care." The court noted the statutory test is not best or ideal care for children, but a minimum degree.

source

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I do pay my own bills.......and I do have less housework.....but the cream on the the cake is I get to keep the remote control of my own TV set....now I dictate what is viewed in MY own house and on MY own TV set!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

You do not live off $50.00 a week.....another fibbie of yours!

And you deem $50.00 is more than enough for any child to receive in child support? How would you know?, you don't have any biological children let alone know the price of day to day living costs of bringing up a child!
edit on 23-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

You said you were both teens at the time.....now was she 15,16 or 17 years of age? Is there much difference other than the fact she was'nt an adult?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I do pay my own bills.......and I do have less housework.....but the cream on the the cake is I get to keep the remote control of my own TV set....now I dictate what is viewed in MY own house and on MY own TV set!

If you were so worried about your on TV set, then marriage was not for you hotpants.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

You do not live off $50.00 a week.....another fibbie of yours!

And you deem $50.00 is more than enough for any child to receive in child support? How would you know?, you don't have any biological children let alone know the price of day to day living costs of bringing up a child!
edit on 23-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

I have twelve children in my charge, I know full well the cost of living. And yes, I live on $50 a week. The max benefit for food stamps.

new topics

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join