It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

I would agree to such a card if I thought it would give him incentive to pay child support.....except it does'nt give him incentive to get a job!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Non-custodial fathers who have been unemployed for 2 years or more.....are in arrears of child support......got a solution to them paying the debt off as the system stands as is today without having to look for a job?

YEP,give them the kids,and let MOM pay Child support,and erase the arrears. ERASE gender-Bias !!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Unemployment rates are the the fault of any individual man. I was out of work for more than 99 weeks, max UI benefit in my state, after being wounded in the line of duty. Today I make about 25% of what I did then, and I even went back to school for a trade. I would be homeless right now if it were not for a stroke of luck at free housing.

You really do need to get a clue about poverty, because it is not a gender issue and you are really making yourself look ignorant at this point.

Did you not even bother with my last link?

Try this...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Can you be more specific? $15,000 gone amiss, how? Did your mother receive it or did the Govt not pass it on?

In regards to your parents, no one is perfect and their private lives is not for you to judge other than your own personal relationship with them.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Maybe the woman should get off her couch, out of her jammies, and go get a jobby job and stop bitching about what some man didn't do for her and her kids.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Can you be more specific? $15,000 gone amiss, how? Did your mother receive it or did the Govt not pass it on?

In regards to your parents, no one is perfect and their private lives is not for you to judge other than your own personal relationship with them.

It was not for me to judge as a child, despite how it traumatized me and affected me. In the long-run though, it certainly became my business, as I was forced to drop out of school at a young age in order to work and pay bills. I blame both of them, and the state.

Yes, the government kept the money. $15 grand in non-adjusted dollars and that was only what I uncovered in a cursory examination of the records.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Oh I see, so the main carers should go out and look for fulltime work while the unemployed non-custodial parent of 2 years sits on his arse for another 2 years or more? Yep.....that would work (rolls my eyes thinking where do these people on public message boards crawl out of....)
edit on 20-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

I'll give you a star for that because you seem more reasonable than the resident femnazi. But I have to ask. How the heck is he in arrears for $34-grand? What are his payments in the first place?

Also, if I may ask, were you married to the father, how many children do you have, and how many children are his?

Yes, we were married and have 2 beautiful children together. He is 34,000.00 in arrears because he relocated and we could not find him. He had remarried (she kept maiden name) a woman who owned a small company and he was her employee. I opened a case with the State of Alabama, but they actually said that they were overloaded and could not work on the case, so I transferred my case to Louisiana and voila! They arrested him and ordered him to pay 393.00 a month plus 100.00 in arrears. Whew, long story. Update: Missed child support payment again for May and June.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Erica1631 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Yeah right....except no woman is bitching here.....only the men

If the Govt withheld the $15,000 then what are you doing about it?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Oh I see, so the main carers should go out and look for fulltime work while the unemployed non-custodial parent of 2 years sits on his arse for another 2 years or more? Yep.....that would work (rolls my eyes thinking where do these people on public message boards crawl out of....)

If the guy is unemployed, give him the kid, he has nothing better to do all day.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Heres an example daily...........................

How far off can the data get? The Los Angeles Times reported recently that 502
California men pursued by collectors took blood tests to prove they were not the
dads, let alone alleged deadbeats. One man had faced a $206,000 bill.
Dianna Thompson, whose e-mail address identifies her as “A2ndwife,” is
membership director for the American Coalition for Fathers and Children in Lake
Forest, Calif. She says lawyers sometimes advise clients facing such bills, “You
might as well pay the interest. You may not owe that money, but how much is it
going to cost you to prove that you don’t when the agencies themselves won’t sit
down and discuss that with you?”
Last June, a legislative audit found that almost one-third of the West Virginia
Child Support Enforcement Division’s files contained incorrect data. Those errors
led the agency to wrongly collect about $1.7 million form 3,788 parents during the
1995-96 fiscal year, the auditors say.
In one [case], the state said a coal miner client of lawyer Shawn Bayless owed nearly $70,000 in back support. Mrs. Woodall figures the state owes him $3,000.

LINK

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

If she has 2 or more kids under the age of 13 how about she get a part time job and he get a fulltime job?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631

Originally posted by CobraCommander

I'll give you a star for that because you seem more reasonable than the resident femnazi. But I have to ask. How the heck is he in arrears for $34-grand? What are his payments in the first place?

Also, if I may ask, were you married to the father, how many children do you have, and how many children are his?

Yes, we were married and have 2 beautiful children together. He is 34,000.00 in arrears because he relocated and we could not find him. He had remarried (she kept maiden name) a woman who owned a small company and he was her employee. I opened a case with the State of Alabama, but they actually said that they were overloaded and could not work on the case, so I transferred my case to Louisiana and voila! They arrested him and ordered him to pay 393.00 a month plus 100.00 in arrears. Whew, long story. Update: Missed child support payment again for May and June.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Erica1631 because: (no reason given)

Well, being that you were married to him, that really puts you in a more favorable position in this debate as far as I'm concerned. Marriage is a vow and a commitment not only to eachother, but to the fruits of the union whether it be children, or a collector's Ferrari.

So he hasn't paid in like 2 years or so, for two kids. Sounds like a deadbeat actually. Hope you get some support from him more regular. $400 a month for two kids seems a tad excessive to me, but if he is making decent money, he should not be having trouble coming up with that. these days a car payment can be that much.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Are you guys referring to tax intercept by chance?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

You asked for an answer,I gave you one. The FINANCIAL burden,works both ways,right? You going to tell me now,a mother is a better emotional provider? Thought you radical feminists were all about equality???? Equal rights,as long as NONE of your rights are infringed on,right? Whatever.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Yeah right....except no woman is bitching here.....only the men

If the Govt withheld the $15,000 then what are you doing about it?

Nothing. No lawyers will touch it. Probably a statute of limitations on it too. It's ancient history now and I am not about to go to war with the state at this point in my life. What's done is done now, and it wouldn't be worth the trouble. Certainly no chance of ever recovering for the damages is actually caused.

ANd don't give me that "only men" are bitching either. You're ran your mouth for what, 11 pages of this total thread?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

On a much earlier thread quite some time ago I was quite clear about these cases so I'm going to repeat myself on this thread.

Except where the children have been legally adopted or were concieved as part of an IVF program......if the paying parent of the child is proven not to be biologically his then he should NEVER be forced to pay child support in any shape or form.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I'll run my mouth off for another 11 pages if I have to....if time permits and where time permits

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

On a much earlier thread quite some time ago I was quite clear about these cases so I'm going to repeat myself on this thread.

Except where the children have been legally adopted or were concieved as part of an IVF program......if the paying parent of the child is proven not to be biologically his then he should NEVER be forced to pay child support in any shape or form.

Thats ALL fine and dandy,.. But..........WHY should the women get primary placement almost ALL the time? Why cant she go find a job,and why cant she pay child support? Why does it have to be the man? ALL THE TIME ???? Thats one of my biggest gripes.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

A mother's job never ends from the moment she wakes up to the moment she hits the pillow and even then she does'nt sleep if her child is sick or has a moderate to severe disability.

If a woman has 2 or more children under the age of 13 and is the custodial parent, a part time job is more suituable for her but if she can muster up family support or has extended family to lean on believe you me she will almost kill (in a manner of speaking only because I know you guys are going to twist that to your own agenda) to get a fulltime job.

If a non-custodial parent who has been unemployed for 2 or more years and has 2 workable arms and legs; deserves everything he gets from the authorities.

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join