It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by sonnny1

Non-custodial fathers,Divorced fathers commit suicide because no doubt they suffer manic depression,from having to deal with a corrupt gender biased judicial system,where 90% of mothers get primary placement,based on Gender.

FIXED

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

What rubbish! In your view, non-custodial fathers would'nt commit suicide if they never saw the inside of a Family Court! You're probably right......because then they would be able to keep all of the shared assets of the marriage so they can economically abuse their ex wives and children to no end.

Non-custodial fathers commit suicide because no doubt they suffer manic depression and refuse to seek psychological help. Some do it just for spite; some do it and take their kids with them.

I thought parents killing children was off-topic.

And a man committing suicide because he has lost his family, doesn't much matter if it was because of Family Court or a car accident. It is more than many men can bear.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

How on earth did you figure that one out? Since when did the military have anything to do with the child support system and the Family Courts?

Let me tell you.....if a non-custodial parent is jobless and complains he can't pay child support because he's unemployed for 2 years or more.....the Military IS the best option for him. Some good old fashioned bootcamp will force him to grow up real fast; it will teach him to have pride and respect for both family AND country! He will quickly learn to appreciate whats more valuable in life instead of whining on a public message board about child support and their ex wives.

Don't like the idea? Get a friggin job! And I don't care if it's fruit picking, cleaning dishes or some other menial job with minimal pay.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

reply to post by sonnny1

What rubbish! In your view, non-custodial fathers would'nt commit suicide if they never saw the inside of a Family Court! You're probably right......because then they would be able to keep all of the shared assets of the marriage so they can economically abuse their ex wives and children to no end.

Non-custodial fathers commit suicide because no doubt they suffer manic depression and refuse to seek psychological help. Some do it just for spite; some do it and take their kids with them.

I thought parents killing children was off-topic.

And a man committing suicide because he has lost his family, doesn't much matter if it was because of Family Court or a car accident. It is more than many men can bear.

100% agree. Over the edge happens to the best of them,regardless on whats doing the pushing.

BTW,I am still waiting to hear what evidence those who believe,and I quote," then they would be able to keep all of the shared assets of the marriage so they can economically abuse their ex wives and children to no end. " I have looked for this statistically,but alas I couldn't find it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Well, good for you.......every family has their "secrets" and their dysfunctions. 10 years is a long time and time sometimes has a way of healing past transgressions. The relationship between your father and yourself is a private matter and not for anyone to judge.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

How on earth did you figure that one out? Since when did the military have anything to do with the child support system and the Family Courts?

Let me tell you.....if a non-custodial parent is jobless and complains he can't pay child support because he's unemployed for 2 years or more.....the Military IS the best option for him. Some good old fashioned bootcamp will force him to grow up real fast; it will teach him to have pride and respect for both family AND country! He will quickly learn to appreciate whats more valuable in life instead of whining on a public message board about child support and their ex wives.

Don't like the idea? Get a friggin job! And I don't care if it's fruit picking, cleaning dishes or some other menial job with minimal pay.

Are you psychotic? I mean seriously? You were the one who brought up the military, not me. And your little schpeel there still does not address the point I raised. You arent going to teach a man "pride and respect" by robbing him of it for one thing. But like I said, you WILL teach him how to kill with more skill and efficiency than your average Joe. So yeah, let's go with that plan. And see more and more men blowing their ex wives brains out. Good plan.

You also ignore some other very important facts with your little plan. Many men would not be qualified for military service for any number of reasons, age being a big one. You can't even join the Coast Guard after 27 years old. I would venture a guess that most men who are paying, or who default on their support are middle-aged or close to it.

And as far as your stupid notion about "get a job, any job," hello. Picking fruit and doing dishes is not even enough for a man to support himself, much less a second household. You have a thing or two to learn about basic arithmetic, then of course some insight into economics and poverty might help too.

playspent.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Parents (or anyone else for that matter) who murder children, no matter who they belong to, are sick dogs that should be put in front a firing squad fullstop!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Well, good for you.......every family has their "secrets" and their dysfunctions. 10 years is a long time and time sometimes has a way of healing past transgressions. The relationship between your father and yourself is a private matter and not for anyone to judge.

He was a brutally violent womanizer. But he went to work every single day and always paid the bills. But that's the important thing I guess. Make sure the man pays.

He has come to see the error of his ways though. And I have come to see that he was not quite the monster I thought he was into my adulthood. He was, after all, just a man trying to do what he thought was the right thing as best he could.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Parents (or anyone else for that matter) who murder children, no matter who they belong to, are sick dogs that should be put in front a firing squad fullstop!

And what about when a father tries to get custody, but the child is murdered by the mother or by an acquaintance of the mother such as a new lover, pimp, or drug dealer?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

the Military IS the best option for him. Some good old fashioned bootcamp will force him to grow up real fast; it will teach him to have pride and respect for both family AND country! He will quickly learn to appreciate whats more valuable in life instead of whining on a public message board about child support and their ex wives.

The things we have uncovered are heart wrenching! For example I have met with
a disabled veteran who just found out he has a 13 year old son. He never knew
the child existed. The childs mother passed on and her parents found him,
through DNA he is proved to be the father. He is now raising his child but the
Child Support Bureau is after him for 13 years of back child support, they emptied
his bank account, and put a lien on his home. Now remember the mother is dead
and there is no one to actually pay the support to and this man has custody of his
son. He also has no way to earn more money as he is disabled.

LINK

Boot-camp.................Thats your answer??????

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I have a much better insight in to economics and poverty than you think. So don't assume anything.

A man is better off in the military if it means he could avoid jail. What a great idea, judges giving those that choice! Careful.....it might just happen! Of those who are above 45, assuming thats close off for military age in your country, can go clean soldier's boots, make their beds and clean their toilets for all I care. There's plenty of other duties within the military they can physically do or perhaps go work for their local council and clean up the streets. There are plenty on disability that are able enough; if only we have cameras watching what some of them are really capable of doing behind the authorities backs and have'nt been caught yet.

So you want to guess that most men avoiding child support are middle aged? Try the age is across the spectrum!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I agree . But was that have to do with ALL the other absurd opinions you have made ???????

If I was grading,it would be an F. Sorry. If you are going to talk all this smack,back it up. Theres enough people that have opinions,and even more that have no clue .

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I told you before and I'll say it again. Neither you nor I can get in to the mind of your father. The relationship between you both after a 10 year absence is a private matter.

I'm assuming your father paid his child support to your mother without arrears and was part of your life regularly until you became an adult ? It's not a question you need to answer here so don't answer it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If I was grading your posts I would give you a ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I have a much better insight in to economics and poverty than you think. So don't assume anything.

A man is better off in the military if it means he could avoid jail. What a great idea, judges giving those that choice! Careful.....it might just happen! Of those who are above 45, assuming thats close off for military age in your country, can go clean soldier's boots, make their beds and clean their toilets for all I care. There's plenty of other duties within the military they can physically do or perhaps go work for their local council and clean up the streets. There are plenty on disability that are able enough; if only we have cameras watching what some of them are really capable of doing behind the authorities backs and have'nt been caught yet.

So you want to guess that most men avoiding child support are middle aged? Try the age is across the spectrum!

And you want to guess that everyone who is disabled is lieing? No, just the disabled men right?

But I wasn't assuming anything. I replied directly to your lack of insight or foresight.

Soldiers clean their own toilets, make their own beds, and clean their own boots. After all, those are some of the very tasks which built character and make boys men in the first place. Duh.

And what about men who have served, or are serving and have fallen behind on their support payments?

Cleaning up streets? So you are saying that your best solution is tax-subsidized children in exchange for slave labor of the father? And there I think we have come to the whole core of your position. Men are slaves.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
My goodness, this is a heated issue. I did not expect this thread to get this much traction.

I have pretty much given up on child support because the system failed my children numerous times. He is over $34,000.00 in arrears and literally goes out of his way to hide his money. I would be willing for him to purchase the items the children need, so he would not feel that the money is going somewhere other than my children's needs. It had been mentioned earlier in the thread that a Child Support Card should be considered and I am for that if it would give him incentive to pay.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I told you before and I'll say it again. Neither you nor I can get in to the mind of your father. The relationship between you both after a 10 year absence is a private matter.

I'm assuming your father paid his child support to your mother without arrears and was part of your life regularly until you became an adult ? It's not a question you need to answer here so don't answer it.

He never missed a payment, but no, he was not part of my life beyond my mid-teens. He was just a paycheck, well, in theory. And yes, I can get into his head, because I have had many long discussions with him in the years that have followed, and seen his life take on a very different track.

The fact is that all along both myself and my mother thought he had turned into a deadbeat, because we rarely got a check from support services. This was another thing that finally came out when I saw my father again. He has every single check stub which showed not only that he had made every payment as required, but began additional voluntary contributions. We never got any of it. Trying to compare his books with my mother's books, I found a discrepancy of nearly $15,000. State fraud that never would have been uncovered if I had not accessed both of my parents financial information all those years later.

As a man, I came to learn that my father was not a demon and that my mother was no angel. I also came to learn that the state is an evil far worse than anything I had ever imagined.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Erica1631

I'll give you a star for that because you seem more reasonable than the resident femnazi. But I have to ask. How the heck is he in arrears for $34-grand? What are his payments in the first place?

Also, if I may ask, were you married to the father, how many children do you have, and how many children are his?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631
My goodness, this is a heated issue. I did not expect this thread to get this much traction.

I have pretty much given up on child support because the system failed my children numerous times. He is over $34,000.00 in arrears and literally goes out of his way to hide his money. I would be willing for him to purchase the items the children need, so he would not feel that the money is going somewhere other than my children's needs. It had been mentioned earlier in the thread that a Child Support Card should be considered and I am for that if it would give him incentive to pay.

Does he get paid by cash? I ask because you have ALL the right to report him to the IRS. Does he see his kids? You have the right to throw him in jail.Just remember their are consequences with all the above actions. Children who are fatherless,do not do well in society. I might not necessarily agree with it,nor like it,but the laws are in YOUR favor,being that you are a woman. Some fathers ARE deadbeats,there is NO getting around that. The system is screwed. That is a FACT.But Not all men are heartless. Statistics show MOST men pay their child support.You are on the other end of the statistic,the deadbeat statistic. I do feel for you.Have faith. And dont hate. Peace..................

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

There's a completely different mentality between soldiers in the military and non-custodial fathers in civilan life who sherk their responsibilites! Men are ARE serving as we speak and pay child support or might be in arrears is obviously under a different catagory and thats for the military to deal with. Of those who are no longer serving are civilians and should be treated no different to any other in civilan life. Of those who return home disabled....well duh, common sense prevails!

Of course there are a number of men on disability that have nothing wrong with them. Even in our country we know they exist and evenually they WILL get caught.

Non-custodial fathers who have been unemployed for 2 years or more.....are in arrears of child support......got a solution to them paying the debt off as the system stands as is today without having to look for a job?

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join