It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Oh shucks......did I press a button?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

SUMMARY: This bibliography examines 282 scholarly investigations: 218 empirical studies and 64 reviews and/or analyses, which demonstrate that women are as physically aggressive, or more aggressive, than men in their relationships with their spouses or male partners.

LINK

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Oh shucks......did I press a button?

Yes you did actually. I am a male victim of domestic violence. I spent two months in the hospital after my ex tried to murder me.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Chinesis

It's no one's business what goes on in a man's castle? The second he raises his hand to his wife he looses that luxury and the act then becomes a crime of assault and you become part of Judicial process. The police have the right to intervene with or without the victim agreeing to do so.

If you raise your hand to a woman, you are likely to raise your hand to a child or pet animal. Usually when a man gets away with it, he will more likely than not do it again. Statistics prove I'm right here.

Yes if the husband commits DV, he should'nt have unsupervised access with his kids; in some cases, he should'nt have access at all.

Yes, if all spouses acted grown up in the first place, there would be no need for the Family Courts because the divorce rate would dramactically decrease.

If a mother smacks her husband, should she be barred from ever seeing her kids again?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLordVeack

What if the woman also worked fulltime before she married? By your meaning, when a couple marries everything they earned together originally belonged to him? I don't think so. Many couples marry with barely any assets at all between them or none at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Yeah.....like I'm going to believe that one

Believe you me, if she wanted to kill you, she would had

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Yeah.....like I'm going to believe that one

Believe you me, if she wanted to kill you, she would had

Is your first reaction to a woman who has been critically injured and tells you that her husband did it, is your first reaction to tell her, "Yeah...like I'm going to believe that one."

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Grow up Cobra man, grow some b@lls......and just be thankful you're alive to live another day

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think this is one of those rare occasions where we need MORE governmental control rather than less. In America, you need a license to own a gun, drive a car, hunt deer, or even fish. Yes, you need a license to put a string in the water and hope a fish bites it.

However, any idiot is free and clear to pop out as many little wellfare checks as their biology will allow them to. They are then free to raise them to be Republican, Democrat, KKK member, Black Panther, or radical muslim extremist if it so pleases them. You're allowed to raise them to believe in the flying spaghetti monster, some magical invisible man in the sky who creates miracles who is his own father, or that aliens created mankind 200,000 years ago.

I recently went to purchase my first hand gun and had to take a thirty question test after reading a 40 page booklet and go through a mental health/background check, just so I could buy a little hunk of metal that shoots pellets with the potential to end the life of anyone I point it at. However, I have received only the barest instruction and regulation on my own hunk of flesh with the potential to create a life with any woman I point it at. (Yes it's that powerful)

My point is this: Ending Life and Creating Life are two things that should be very. VERY. Strictly regulated. Additionally, raising a child could also benefit from more moderate regulation. There is no standard to raise a child by, as everyone has their own opinion on the best way to raise a child. I think it's time we came together as a society and atleast created a list of guidelines.

I am doubtful that this will ever happen.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Grow up Cobra man, grow some b@lls......and just be thankful you're alive to live another day

So all these women who get smacked around. They should just stfu and be glad they are alive too huh?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSensible

So true, and I fully agree.

It amazes me that in modern society, anyone can pop out a child, while the amount of regulations in other much less significant and important areas is often ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

So he tells you that he spend two months in hospital after his ex tried to murder him, and your reply is to grow up some balls and be thankful for being alive? Unbelievable..

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

It was no small case either. She went to prison for it and then got additional time for solicitation to commit murder when she tried to get a man to kill me.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

So, when you say "grow some balls" what exactly does that mean? That maybe I should have smacked her around and put her in her place the first time she disrespected me? You know, show her who the man is?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Why not? If a woman thinks she is tough enough to put her hands on a man violently, I see nothing wrong with defending yourself.

My aunt used to slap my uncle around a lot, then played the victim really well after he had enough of her crap. It only worked on people that didn't know she was a drunk that liked to get violent.
edit on Sat, 18 Jun 2011 10:46:35 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Why not? If a woman thinks she is tough enough to put her hands on a man violently, I see nothing wrong with defending yourself.
edit on Sat, 18 Jun 2011 10:44:58 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

That's how I feel about it today. I don't get off on hitting women, but I am not biased anymore either. At the time, I was a young man, already traumatized by domestic violence and divorce. I swore I would never lay a hand on a woman or a child under any circumstances. Today, I will defend myself and have come to learn too that spanking a kid (not beating) can be necessary at times.

EDIT to add: And yes, my attacker played the victim card.

edit on 18-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Exactly how I feel about it. People that know me, know when I am not playing around. I am generally a happy jovial guy, and when I have my serious face on, it's serious. I will generally give a warning first if possible, if they don't heed my warning, male or female, then it's time to fight.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSensible

Sorry,I believe in LESS intrusive BIG Government,and more rights for the people. This is why we have the problems we have today. Whats next,what we can eat,when we can sleep,etc? 100 years ago,things were tough,but it worked out WITHOUT Government intervention. You cant spank your children nowadays,if they do wrong. Fact is,they can,and do call the Police on you. Walking on egg shells,is not the way to run a family.

Edit to Add:

When Common sense is regulated,we as a human race should stop reproducing.
edit on 18-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

GREAT question!!!!!!

As regulated as we are now,and as intrusive as Government is,I am surprised there isnt a law on the books for it.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

163 people WALKED by the women ABUSING the man..

Classic Gender-Bias in society today. Then you wonder WHY men arnt getting their children in Custody hearings. Its a BIAS so prevalent,so "in your face" you wonder why EVERYONE isnt clamoring for change. I see NO equality,under the current system.

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join