It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 71
52
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie_lizzie79
I think this whole paying a certain percentage of your pay checks is NON sense!!! It should be based more along the lines of HALF of the average cost a month to care for a child...NOT a percentage!!


Thats whole line of thinking is nonsense.Why have ANYONE tell you how to raise your children,or how much money is needed?




posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777
 


These men's groups need to wise up to the fact that not all males who commit suicide are fathers....and I'm sick and tired of them adding the statistics of war veterans, elderly men, male students and married men who lost out on the stock market, businessmen whose businesses failed, in to their statistics.

A man who commits suicide most probably than not already had psychological issues that caused the breakup of their families in the first place. This is fact!

Excluding war veterans (because thats a whole different ball game), those non-custodial fathers and failed businessmen who commit suicide are weak cowards in my books.



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by gps777
 


These men's groups need to wise up to the fact that not all males who commit suicide are fathers....and I'm sick and tired of them adding the statistics of war veterans, elderly men, male students and married men who lost out on the stock market, businessmen whose businesses failed, in to their statistics.

A man who commits suicide most probably than not already had psychological issues that caused the breakup of their families in the first place. This is fact!

Excluding war veterans (because thats a whole different ball game), those non-custodial fathers and failed businessmen who commit suicide are weak cowards in my books.


Guess this throws your personal opinion out the window............

The prevalence of male suicide is not restricted to North America. An Australian study offered similar statistics. Of 2,683 suicides in Australia in 1998, 2,150 were males, making suicide the second leading cause of death among 25- to 44-year-old men. The Australian Institute of Health and Welfare reports that the suicide rate for men aged 20 to 39 years has risen by 70 percent over the last two decades.

Statistics from Ireland and the United Kingdom indicate rates of male suicide as high as five times that of women. Indeed, a recent study found that suicide was the leading cause of death for Irish men between 15-34 years old.

The research also points to a probable cause. According to sociologist Augustine Kposow of the University of California at Riverside, divorce and loss of children is a factor. “As far as the [divorced] man is concerned, he has lost his marriage and lost his children and that can lead to depression and suicide,” Kposow advises.


LINK

In fact, a divorced father is ten times more likely to commit suicide than a divorced mother, and three times more likely to commit suicide than a married father. According to Los Angeles divorce consultant Jayne Major

LINK

The report's co-author, James Harrison, said divorced and never-married men had been found to have "higher suicide rates than married men".

The suicide rate in 1998 for divorced men was 134.1 per 100,000 people, compared to 39.3 for never-married men and 13 for widowed men. Among women, divorcees also had the highest suicide rate, at 11.1 per 100,000 people.

Professor Harrison said suicide killed more people than road accidents. The reduction in the road toll could be copied by a strong public health effort to curb suicide. "It (the suicide rate) has been lower in the past; why shouldn't it get lower in the future?" he said.

LINK

BTW,Please show us the FACTS on this STATEMENT:
"A man who commits suicide most probably than not already had psychological issues that caused the breakup of their families in the first place. This is fact! "

Waiting patently..................

edit on 13-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by dizzie_lizzie79
I think this whole paying a certain percentage of your pay checks is NON sense!!! It should be based more along the lines of HALF of the average cost a month to care for a child...NOT a percentage!!


Thats whole line of thinking is nonsense.Why have ANYONE tell you how to raise your children,or how much money is needed?


probably because most of this younger generation seem to think they can have sex with anything that walks and not have to take responsibility for their own actions! End result....it seems as though because of this....all men are getting a kick in the a*s for it! I know plenty of men who think "If i can't be with their mother and them then why bother" Think what you want...but i live in the real world where i can see both sides...not just one! Government is I think the biggest issue...seeing as...I told my 13 year olds father that i didn't want support from him or anything cause he stated to me that he didn't want to pay it! Well guess what....i had to ask for help with medical for my son....They told me there that they would NOT help me out with medical for him UNLESS i went for child support, and guess who was pis*ed off at me...hummm my sons father, sorry...he needed medical at the time and my son is #1! So there you have it...the government causeing problems with families!



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

edit on 13-6-2011 by dizzie_lizzie79 because: for some reason it posted twice



posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie_lizzie79
 


Not saying the Government isnt the problem.I totally agree. But WHY should the corrupt judicial system,gender-biased system be involved? I know plenty of people that need,me included. I handle it on my own though. No freebies no handouts,No excuses. No need,because its MY problem,not societys. Too bad everyone doesnt think like that,.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 


Well done sonnny1,saved me the effort


Not that it`ll do her any good,but for others to see that losing ones children affects men greatly,some don`t handle it at all well,then add the finacial burden of supporting two homes,while being called a dead beat when many struggle and depression can easily set in.

I find it heartless to not consider what many fathers have been through with next to no help available.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777
 


No problem...


I dont like when people say "its a fact" without backing their "facts" up.........
I still wait for her response on the "blatantly opinionated fact",she put out there.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777
 


Child support...has to do with money. And no one is ever happy when it comes to their money being taken away. Doesn't matter what side you're on...always someone screaming 'bout their money.



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

Child support...has to do with money.


Its more than just money,imo its about control and social engineering.



And no one is ever happy when it comes to their money being taken away.

Child support in money,shouldn`t be taken away,responsible people gladly give it.Yet the gov will come in and take it away as if everyone is irresponsible.


Doesn't matter what side you're on...always someone screaming 'bout their money.

It does matter what side your on,because mainly men pay child support and the women sceaming about "their money" isn`t their money its the fathers money for his children,that he has no say on what or where the money is spent by the mother.

Maybe you should read the thread and the many good points made within it.



posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
reply to post by sonnny1
 


Well done sonnny1,saved me the effort


Not that it`ll do her any good,but for others to see that losing ones children affects men greatly,some don`t handle it at all well,then add the finacial burden of supporting two homes,while being called a dead beat when many struggle and depression can easily set in.

I find it heartless to not consider what many fathers have been through with next to no help available.




Where did i say anything about it being Soo cool for a man to be supporting two home? He definitely shouldn't be! You guys are not even reading my words right so i am not even gonna bother anymore! So much for trying to stick up for the GOOD DAD's and NOT the BAD ones and so much for tryng to call out the woman who do give the rest of us a HORRIBLE name in society! I give up! Oh well...i don't have to worry about that!



posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777
 





Child support in money,shouldn`t be taken away,responsible people gladly give it.Yet the gov will come in and take it away as if everyone is irresponsible.


How come you can say this and exspect for people to understand...when this is the point i was trying to make!!! Hummm?/

Oh ya cause i am a DUMB woman...right...thats the difference



posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777
 





Child support in money,shouldn`t be taken away,responsible people gladly give it.Yet the gov will come in and take it away as if everyone is irresponsible.


How come you can say this and exspect for people to understand...when this is the point i was trying to make!!! Hummm?/

Oh ya cause i am a DUMB woman...right...thats the difference



posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by dizzie_lizzie79
 


Not saying the Government isnt the problem.I totally agree. But WHY should the corrupt judicial system,gender-biased system be involved? I know plenty of people that need,me included. I handle it on my own though. No freebies no handouts,No excuses. No need,because its MY problem,not societys. Too bad everyone doesnt think like that,.


Sorry that my busy mothering life was sooo slow at getting back to your reply...my old man must of checked my mail and thats why you seen that i read your reply...but i hadn't!

Anyway....did i say something about the government NOT being CORRUPT?? Like i said to the other person there...how come you can say that and expect people to understand you, but my words that mean the same didn't mean the same to you??



posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie_lizzie79
 


No dizzie_lizzie79 you have mistaken my response to be somehow directed at you,I was replying to sonnny1`s reply to bluemirage.

reply to post by dizzie_lizzie79
 


And this one you just did it again,this one I was replying to queenofsheba not yourself.

Sorry that this confusion has cause you some offense.

Hang in there dizzie_lizzie79 from what I could read your a special woman and mom.
for that.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 


Males between the ages of 20-30 years of age whom committed suicide did not do so because of separation and divorce my friend! Get real!



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Males between the ages of 20-30 years of age whom committed suicide did not do so because of separation and divorce my friend! Get real!


I became horribly depressed and suicidal myself when my kids were taken from me based on completely fabricated accusations, it happens all the time.

If I didn't have the support of other family throughout the ordeal, a good lawyer, and a good counselor I believe I would have killed myself.
edit on 17-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I would have been quite happy to pay as long as I was able to see my daughter but apparently, no matter what the courts say about access, the mother has the final word and can break the bonds of any agreement if they want without risking being fined or hauled before a court. So you pay a fortune to the government who pay a small part to your ex partner for a son or daughter that you dont get to see grow up, or have any part in shaping their character! Meanwhile your ex is poisoning the childs mind against you and your family...
In my opinion the law concerning child support should be conditional on the father being given good access to their children. If the mother wants to use the child as a baseball bat to beat the father over the head and cause him emotional harm then they should not be entitled to support. At the moment the mothers get the best of both worlds.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLordVeack
 


Unfortunately my friend, there are many fathers who have committed Domestic Violence against their ex wives and/or children and do not deserve access to their children.



posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by TheLordVeack
 


Unfortunately my friend, there are many fathers who have committed Domestic Violence against their ex wives and/or children and do not deserve access to their children.


Theres also many men who, as strange as it may seem, have been beaten and abused by their partners. I'm talking about ordinary loving couples who suddenly fall out. Seems to me that a lot of women (not all) use the children to hurt their ex partners. And, it seems, at least here in the UK, that the courts are powerless to do anything about it!




top topics



 
52
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

log in

join