It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If the Snake is a fosterer, he is completely not compliant with the NY State's children's services initiative about responsible fathering.

One wonders if this could be a licensing issue.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Im a man and Ive had custody of my 17 year old daughter since 1999(walked her to her first kindergarner class,this is her last year).Being a single father we have endured some really tuff times. Being a single dad,no ones gives a damn about the situation,,,NO ONE. The men think its cool,the women think its cute. But no one helps.Ive lost jobs because ive had no child care and ive lost child care cause i had no money.No one helps men.

A woman can always ask for what she wants or needs without any loss of character, but if a man does it,then hes considered weak,,why? My role as a single parent isnt diminished because im male,,in fact its worse.

And as far as the Child Support System,,,its a joke. Ive seen men pay ridiculous amounts of money that a child couldnt need in 6 months much less once a month. Not to mention theres no obligation for you to see your kids(thats a separate court!) Also it took me calling and going to Child Support for TEN YEARS before i got one dime. But heres the kicker,,I was paying child support the whole time (from her filing before i got custody).

Op,,,,I hear you bro,,,but know this,,,be you male or female raising kids on your own is serious business, so i can understand the need for such a system,,,, But Child Support is broken
edit on 6-6-2011 by consigliere because: doh

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
If the Snake is a fosterer, he is completely not compliant with the NY State's children's services initiative about responsible fathering.

One wonders if this could be a licensing issue.

Oh, so now I have to have certain political views to be a foster parent too.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Only if they are fabricated,and involves pro-feminist Ideals.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I`d like to post these up again and add what I posted on page 59,cheers sonnny1

Originally posted by sonnny1

USEFUL STATISTICS

* 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes

(Source: U.S. D.H.K.S., Bureau of the Census)

* 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes

(Source: U.S- D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census)

*85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes

(Source: Center for Disease Control)

*80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes

(Source:Criminal Justice & Behavior,Vol 14, p- 403-26, 1978

*71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes

(Source: National Principals Association Report on the State of High schools)

*75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes

(Source: Rainbows For All God’s Children.)

*70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes

(Source: U.S. Dept. of justice, special Report, Sept 1988)

These statistics translate to mean that children from a fatherless home are:

*5 times more likely to commit suicide.

*32 times more likely to run away.

*20 times more likely to have behavioral disorders.

*14 times more likely to commit rape

*9 times more likely to drop out of high school.

*10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances.

*9 times more likely to end up in a state-operated institution.

*20 times more like to end up in prison.

The U.S. Census Bureau has reported that fathers with joint custody pay 90.2% of all child support ordered; fathers with limited visitation rights pay 79.1%; and 44.5% of those fathers with NO visitation rights still financially support their children.

30% of custodial mothers not receiving child support have never asked for or do not want child support.

25% of custodial mothers do not receive child support because the father is unable to pay.

20 % of custodial mothers not receiving child support have made other financial arrangements with the father.

11% of custodial mothers not receiving child support do not have a child support order.

LINK

Now combine the two.........

Dads not the Demons

Recent data from the Department of Child Protection in Western Australia has debunked a common misconception about fathers and violence. The data shows that natural mothers are far more likely to abuse children than their natural fathers, other than in sexual abuse, where mothers were responsible for only 13% of cases. The past practice of lumping together de factos, live-in boyfriends and overnight male guests together with fathers as “male carers” has led to skewed beliefs about who abuses children. In releasing these recent figures that identify natural fathers separately, the DCP has provided a clearer picture of who is likely to abuse children.

The figures - obtained under Freedom of Information provisions - provide a clearer picture of who is likely to abuse children in families. The data show that there were 1505 substantiations of child abuse in WA during 2007-8. Natural parents were responsible for 37% of total cases. Of these, mothers are identified as the perpetrator of neglect or abuse in 73% of cases, including over 50% of cases of physical abuse.

Micheal Woods, an academic from the University of Western Sydney, said:

“The data is not surprising – it is in line with international findings regarding perpetrators of child abuse. And the figures do undermine the myth that fathers are the major risk for their children’s well-being”.
www.fathers4equality-australia.org...

Emphasis mine

With these figures alone,it should be in the best interest of the child/ren to be in the custody of the father and not automatically in favour of the mother as it is today.

Men have been used because its in our very nature to protect females and put them before ourselves.Thats why we have seen the odd ignorant to the system "HE MAN" post even in this thread.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Excellent post!!!

Heres a great read that nearly floored me!!!!! Very balanced.........

"Domestic violence" is another disguised way of guaranteeing that the fathers lose. Women are now trained by society to call the police anytime their boyfriend or husband loses his temper, and are using and abusing this taxpayer funded "helpline" at an increasingly alarming rate. Murray A. Straus, a sociologist and co-director for the Family Research Laboratory at the University of New Hampshire, reported that at least 30 studies of domestic violence, including some he had conducted, found that women were as equally culpable of domestic violence as men. Yet this information is not widely publicized, and is downplayed by both police officers and the courts. Women are also abusing restraining orders. A recent article in Human Events cited a government study that found that fewer than half of all restraining orders contained even an allegation of physical violence. Instead of working out their fights, or leaving the man, women are taking the easy way out and forcing taxpayers to pay for their "tattling" every time they take up the time of a police officer or court. Of course, many times it is the woman who caused the fight, but that is not going to end up in the court's minute entry. Men are laughed at if they are the victims of domestic violence. One young father attempted to seek free legal help from a domestic violence law clinic after his ex-wife continued to hit him, and the clinic turned him away in amusement. Another young father had the domestic violence of an ex-girlfriend, who had hit him, used against him in order to justify taking away his child.

Child support is widely touted by governmental agencies as one of the most important things government does, and the duty of it is glorified almost nazilike to the level of a moral authority. Yet what exactly does child support do? The charts for child support award way too much money to the custodial parent - does anyone really believe that it costs $800/month to raise a child? In most situations, the mother has custody and makes considerably less money than the father. According to fairly standard child support guidelines, if the mother makes $20,000/yr and the father makes $40,000/yr, and there is one child, the father should pay $535/month in child support (the formula adds both parents' salaries together, then comes up with a random number of how much they think that child costs - here it was $800 - then has the non-custodial parent pay the percentage his salary is - here it is 66%). Does anyone REALLY THINK that many of the mothers who resort to going to court to collect child support are the types of mothers who would spend a full $535/month on one child, as well as another $265/month of their own money (particularly if the child is older than 5 and in school)? There is no monitoring of that money, and it is very difficult to get a court to order any type of accounting by the mother. One such mother of a 6-year old has stated that she is saving the money for breast implants.

Furthermore, the concept of child support money discourages personal responsibility and ambition. It penalizes the custodial parent for working harder and trying to get ahead, because a higher paying job would reduce the amount of free money they receive from the other parent. It is akin to welfare - if you work hard, you aren't eligible for it. And it is a double penalty, because it also penalizes the non-custodial parent for working harder. The more money the non-custodial parent makes, the more money is taken out of his paycheck to go to the residential parent.

Child Custody: Where Men Hit a Glass Ceiling

Not one thing said in this article was wrong.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Why do Judges routinely award custody of children to mothers when they try a divorce case? Two reasons. The first is that motherhood is more solidly based in biology. Motherhood is a biological fact, as Margaret Mead says, fatherhood merely a social invention. Mammals and motherhood originated two hundred million years ago, when the dinosaurs were young. Fatherhood in the sense of major male participation in reproduction is, from the point of view of evolution, a recent development. Fatherhood in the sense of male headship of the stable patriarchal families which make civilization possible is only about five thousand years old, as feminist Dr. Gerda Lerner has shown in her book The Creation of Patriarchy. Prior to the Patriarchal Revolution human reproduction followed the ghetto pattern, where the mother was the primary parent, and the father was a mere boyfriend who could be discarded when the mother got tired of him.

The second reason why judges favor mother custody is their recognition that women and children are dependent creatures. This was formerly understood to mean they needed husbands and fathers. But husbands and fathers require authority if they are to function as providers and protectors. ("He shall rule over thee," God says to Eve, Genesis 3:16.) Without the sexual loyalty of wives there can be no family. Patriarchal civilization depends on female chastity. Without it men cannot have families and children cannot have fathers.

The Case for Father Custody It is fatherhood that makes childhood possible. by Daniel Amneus

Yes,you might take "God" out of the equation,but 90% of the world believes in a premise. Its because of that premise,that this isnt talked about,when dealing with Child Custody,and might be a reason on why women are looked on as dependent,along with the children.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a close friends experience with child support...

like a lot of child support fathers..sometimes fell behind on the extortion..at one point had to go to court about back child support..paid all back support...and kept up with the payments for many months... one night, after leaveing work at 1am..sitting at a red light, cop pulls behind him, green light ..then begins to drive..about 2 blocks later, the cop turns on lights and pulls him over...the officers asks the question.."sir, do you know why i pulled you over?'..perplexed, he has know idea..the officer informs him that he has back child support payments...'what?'..the officer informs him that it is DEPT POLICY TO RUN A CERTAIN NUMBER OF PLATES A NIGHT..being 1am on a deserted street, the officer ran his plate, even tho no infraction was being made.

said friend has documentation on him that support is current..is still taken in because that's what the officers info says....vehicle impounded..spends night and most of day in jail, gets court date and then released... said friend goes to court with documentation..court says "we are sorry mr. x, your papers are in order and you are free to go with no charges'...umm..how about impound fee for my vehicle and lost time from work?...'we are sorry mr.x, that is not our concern and the court apologizes'......sigh....

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
All I can say is, hang in there. I try not to think about it at all. You love your child. The child knows this. Things will get better.

I am typing from experience. Liejunkie is also a victim of the corrupt Illinois child support laws.

!0 and a half more years to go.

edit on 6-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Tell the truth,that you need men to raise a healthy family,reject the feminism propoganda that destroyed the family unit by proxy.

Dont even accept the thought you just had in defense of feminism,you are women and you were damaged and hurt by other women who didnt consider that THEY WERE A VERY UNIMOPRTANT MINORITY THAT WRONGLY SPOKE FOR A WHOLE GENERATION.

You dont cut off the arm to spite the hand AND THIS IS WHAT FEMINISM WAS DESIGNED TO DO AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT DID,IT HANDICAPPED OUR COUNTRIES FOR GODS SAKES.

The family unit broke ,and how many babies did we lose???

I said LOSE ladies,how many millions did we lose???

Because other countries SURE HAVENT BEEN LOSING BABIES AS WE IN THE DEVELOPED WOLRD HAVE BEEN.

What happens when all the intellect and experience of generation upon generation of human experiences END SO YOU CAN BE YOURSELF.

You dont make babies in a healthy environment AND WE ALL DIE.

You have a job,plain and simple,in support of your country and your species.

Tell the truth,that you need men ,and then we can throw them into jail when they dont fulfil that need.

YOU HAVE TO SAY THE WORD NEED---NEED---NEED---NEED.

Whats wrong,does that word tastebad?

I amnot picking on everyone here ,only a few will react badly.

Its up to women to change the attitudes of women and men to change the attitudes of men.

I personally have had a physical altercation with a coworker who chose to verbalise his belief that his ex and his kids DESERVED some type of hardship they were enduring.I gave him some hardship to endure.

If you women start slapping the feminist attitude out of the vocal minority you will earn back your lives and the security of your children,let these attitude cases keep teaching your daughters to surrender their greatest asset and suffer.

same as us men,we need to police ourselves through peer pressure,stand up to these people and our world will get better.

Do it for the children even if you didnt create them.Your kids wont wipe your arse when you are 90 SOMEONE ELSES WILL,so start setting things straight and start today with the first deadbeat da or feminest you meet,heck go find one if there isnt one handy,it should be easy,AND GET TO WORK.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Why are there so many people that are angry with women? I look up and there are people talking about natural fathers being better parents, domestic violence and female chasity. The problem is with the system. A money-making system that has evolved into something that preys on everyone involved: the mother, father and the child. I have personally seen it work to give the custodial parent what is needed for the child and I have seen how it can destroy the paying parent.

I think at some point it was actually a useful system. It kept absent fathers from getting away without taking care of responsibility...but even then there were many that fell through the cracks and were able get away without taking care of their kids.

I'm on the verge of rambling, but the point of my post was that it's not ALWAYS the custodial parent's fault that the guy is getting shafted. My mom raised me and my brother by herself. He didn't send her anything to help with our upbringing or with the expenses involved with raising us. My dad showed up for my high school graduation after all the hard work was done. It wasn't HER fault my dad was hit hard for back child support. It was HIS fault. Did he suffer more than he should have? Probably...but so did my brother and I. Did it have to be that way? No, but it was the result of a system that has lost sight of what it was supposed to do and that was to ensure that children of single parents were taken care of and absentee parents did not shirk their financial duties. Now it seems that the point of it is to make money. The larger the monthly payments, the larger amount of interest gained from it. Fix the system and the single mothers that try to exploit the system won't be able to anymore. I'm sorry for the men out there that are getting the short end here. I really am...and my heart goes out to you and your struggles, but be angry at the system.

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join