It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by CobraCommander

You can't come up with one formula fits all. Why? Because the day to day livings costs are subject to which state you live in and if you live in a city or urban area.

The fact remains.....a majority, meaning more than 50% of non-custodial fathers do not like paying child support OR only want to pay what they think they should pay.....meaning as little as possible.

I beginning to understand the greatest problem among some of you men on this thread is most of you not only don't like paying child support but have severe trust problems with your ex wives; surely you must had trusted her to be with her for the years you both were married! That tells me perhaps some of you are mirroring your own deep guilt on to your ex wives that broke down the marriage in the first place? Or is it that there is a whole lot of animosity towards your ex wives...there's no emotional closure. Or perhaps because they have moved on while you're still struggling with your own raw emotions (the thought of her bedding another man or suddenly she no longer has to be answerable to you and she's no longer forced to be dependant on you?) ? It's amazes me how much a man can turn love in to hate so quickly. I'm yet to hear one nice story about an ex wife on this thread and I would bet on it they are not all as bad as you make out. They cook and clean for your children and I assure you most of them are doing no different within their homes as they did for the years you both were married except they just don't have a husband there to support them. At some point in their lives, a minority of ex wives WILL move on and venture in to new relationships however a majority of ex husbands do remarry AND are able to pick themselves up alot quicker financially than their ex wives.

Yes, I think there is alot of guilt raging among you.....probably deep regret too.....

so the ex wives and children should to suffer for that?

edit on 5-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

You are trying to emotionalize this issue and it won't work with me because I don't pay child support.

And if welfare can come up with a formula, so can family courts. I suggest that the courts go by the very same formulas that welfare uses.
edit on 5-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Hurst22

What a load of rubbish your post is. I'm a businesswoman and you are telling me you don't know how to prove you don't make $6000.00 a month? Try showing the judge your business sales/expenses ledgers!!! Or perhaps you are afraid they'll find out you do creative book work?

I believe ALL non-custodial fathers in self employment should automatically be audited by the Tax Dept.

You missed the point. He did bring all of that information. The judge refused to look at it.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by cassp83

If the custodial parent remarries, the non-custodial parent should pay less? Why should the step-parent be financially responsible for someone else's kids?

Because they agreed to marry a woman who already has kids. The same logic applied by the courts who make step-parents pay support for kids that aren't theirs when they divorce.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

See, here's another problem non-custodial parents have with their ex spouses......

when the custodial parent DOES move to greener pastures.....cheaper housing far away in the same state or another where living costs are cheaper while housing is better quality that would improve their financial suituation slightly.....the non-custodial parents whinge their ex's moved away and stopped access.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Thats rubbish because if I did'nt have 3 children, I'd be living in a small 1 bedroom unit, not a 4 bedroom house....and all my utilities/food would be dramatically reduced! Hell, I'd be very well off in no time at all.

So, you need to move some place where you can get a 4 bedroom house for the price of a one-bedroom unit in your town. How is that the father's problem?

Utilities are a pittance. I know this from running a group home. Pennies per day per person.

And food, we have already covered that. Yes food it the responsibility of the father. According to the standards of welfare, that would be about $50 a week for three children for food.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Re step parents.....thats the most stupiest argument I've heard yet coming from you. Even here in our country step-parents are out of the loop.

Step-parents are NOT financially responsible for YOUR kids!!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

You are assuming all single mothers are doped out, alcoholics, wear designer clothes, and have casual sex!

In fact, 54% of all single mothers are DIVORCED who lead very normal lives no different to that of a married woman.

Problem with many of you men, you seem to think all single mothers are whores. Thats the stigma they are tagged the moment they walk out of the family court. Thats NOT the case at all. A majority of single mothers do right by their children and live good clean lives.....and you men just hate that don't you!

The fact is that most divorces in the US are initiated by women. Women having affairs no doubt much of the time.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

My 4 bedroom house costs me less than a 2 bedroom apartment closer to the city.....AND you don't put same sex siblings in the same room together over a certain age.......it's illegal here too.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

BS, he stated quite clearly he did'nt know how to prove it and rolled up in court EMPTY HANDED. I know the drill with the self employed fathers.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

See, here's another problem non-custodial parents have with their ex spouses......

when the custodial parent DOES move to greener pastures.....cheaper housing far away in the same state or another where living costs are cheaper while housing is better quality that would improve their financial suituation slightly.....the non-custodial parents whinge their ex's moved away and stopped access.

A genuine dilemma for certain. But hey, the father can move too if it's that big of a deal. The problem there is, women are not moving away for cheaper living. They are simply moving away to get the children away from the father, and that ain't right either. I have seen women move to places that were MORE EXPENSIVE further away, and then demanded an increase in support!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thankyou for admitting YOU DON'T PAY CHILD SUPPORT. That my friend tells me either you don't have any kids or you are unemployed and a dead beat father.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Re step parents.....thats the most stupiest argument I've heard yet coming from you. Even here in our country step-parents are out of the loop.

Step-parents are NOT financially responsible for YOUR kids!!!!!

According to the US courts, they are. There are many cases of men being held liable for child support after a divorce, to children that are not theirs.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You alleged you had kids earlier on in the game........did you lie?

and since you have now admitted you don't pay child support.....

you ARE a dead beat father if you have kids.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

My 4 bedroom house costs me less than a 2 bedroom apartment closer to the city.....AND you don't put same sex siblings in the same room together over a certain age.......it's illegal here too.

I think you meant you can't put opposite sex siblings in the same room, but anyway. That much is true, so I have no argument with that.

But regardless, you have just made my point for me. Having a few extra kids is no additional cost in housing since your 4 bedroom house costs as much as an apartment in the city.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

BS, he stated quite clearly he did'nt know how to prove it and rolled up in court EMPTY HANDED. I know the drill with the self employed fathers.

Well, I wasn't there so I really couldn't tell you. But I do know that many fathers bring all sorts of documentation to court that is often ignored.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Thankyou for admitting YOU DON'T PAY CHILD SUPPORT. That my friend tells me either you don't have any kids or you are unemployed and a dead beat father.

I run a group home taking care of kids that no one else wants to take care of.

And it's quite telling that you did not even consider that I might not be paying support because I take care of my own children, or that I might still be married to the mother.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Are you stupid?

I said my 4 bedroom house costs less than a 2 bedroom apartment closer to the city. Because of my suituation, my particular children need a room each.

I don't lie......but hey, since you admitted you do and don't pay child support......end game for you my friend!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You don't run a group home........that I'm sure of

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You alleged you had kids earlier on in the game........did you lie?

and since you have now admitted you don't pay child support.....

you ARE a dead beat father if you have kids.

I said I had kids. I didn't say I have kids.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Are you stupid?

I said my 4 bedroom house costs less than a 2 bedroom apartment closer to the city. Because of my suituation, my particular children need a room each.

I don't lie......but hey, since you admitted you do and don't pay child support......end game for you my friend!

Okay, so you need extra bedrooms and pay as much for your house as you would an apartment. Like I said, no additional cost in housing.

And whether or not I pay support is irrelevant.

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join