It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I partially agree however as you know, here in Australia a good many non-existant fathers get away with blue murder with the CSA simply because they know they don't do jail time.

In Australia, most single mothers ARE in fact in the work force....those figures only came out 3 weeks ago. The problem here is a majority of fathers are not paying their fair share, in fact, you'll be surprised when I tell you only 10% of non-custodial fathers pay above and beyond CS because their kids are in the top private schools. 60% of non-custodial fathers pay $500.00 a month or less for 1-3 kids while 30% only pay the minimum of $25.00 or less a month for 1-3 kids. Not good figures. That tells me a majority of non-custodial parents are NOT paying their fair share of the basic neccessities towards their children. I'm guessing the figures are similar in the USA and elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by CobraCommander

Sorry mate but you Americans have been asleep while the rest of the world has been wide awake. You were warned and we were laughed at. Nothing much you can do about it now. You're stuck unless the Americans start a massive revolution; that, I can't see happening until unemployment rises to 30%....and thats just around the corner my friend.

Don't try to sell that boogie-woogie to me sister, because I saw it coming down well before Bush left office. I was the canary in the coalmine hunny.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Lucky you're not here in Australia.....you would'nt survive. We're tough as boots here.

Okay, great. Australians can survive on LESS than $50 a week, great. Thanks for helping make my case for me. All the more reason for LESS child support.

EDIT to add:

I should have also noted in my other post that I am a giant of a man and no child should ever have to eat as much as I do. So really, a kid should be able to get by with a lot less food funding anyway.
edit on 4-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Flighty

I partially agree however as you know, here in Australia a good many non-existant fathers get away with blue murder with the CSA simply because they know they don't do jail time.

In Australia, most single mothers ARE in fact in the work force....those figures only came out 3 weeks ago. The problem here is a majority of fathers are not paying their fair share, in fact, you'll be surprised when I tell you only 10% of non-custodial fathers pay above and beyond CS because their kids are in the top private schools. 60% of non-custodial fathers pay $500.00 a month or less for 1-3 kids while 30% only pay the minimum of $25.00 or less a month for 1-3 kids. Not good figures. That tells me a majority of non-custodial parents are NOT paying their fair share of the basic neccessities towards their children. I'm guessing the figures are similar in the USA and elsewhere.

I don't know any man who is paying less than $50 per week, even if they only have part time work. That's a heck of a lot more than $25 a month. So if it's like you say Down Under, then really you are making an apples and oranges comparison. Most of the people here are American, and talking about the American system.
edit on 4-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If welfare can come up with a formula as to what it costs a family to get by, I see no reason why the state can't come up with a similar formula to determine what the cost is for each child's food and clothing. And just like welfare, each subsequent child should be awarded less if they are residing in the same household.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have to say, there is something totally wrong with this system. Years ago, my ex-wife, simply called in to the CSS, and told them I was currently a business owner, and clearing $6000 a month. They took her word for it, and preceeded to raise my support. I go back to court, tell them I don't make that much, They tell me prove that I don't. At the time, I didn't know how( but the CSS knew the whole time) Finally, I get my SS report, now they say that the money I was previously charged, will have to stay. I am $110,000 in the hole. Here' is how California works. Goverment tells the company you work for to deduct CS payments, but if your company doesn't make the payment on time, your license will be suspended.And I am responsible for making sure my company makes my payment. Then quit taking my money out, and I will make my own payments. Then I am responsible

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hurst22

Might as well file for bankruptcy, unless they have totally closed that off for non-billionaires....

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Hurst22

Might as well file for bankruptcy, unless they have totally closed that off for non-billionaires....

bankruptcy wont help...child support any federal loans such as student loans and all other court judgements are exempt from bankruptcy just like back taxes. you can get rid of regular debt but your stuck with those others.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hurst22

Yep,it still works that way,unfortunately. Miss a court date,and the custodial "claims" you make ex amount,Thats what they charge you.till you prove it. In my case they reduced only when I showed up for court,and kept the arrears as before. Its up to the custodial to "erase" the debt. Wonder if she did? Well,she was the one who lied in the first place.........

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Wow, that is messed up. Might as well head to south america then, rather than live in the hole. To hell with the federal government.

That is my plan if one of my friends turn on me. Even thought I have every one of our conversations before sex, and every single sex session on tape, it probably wouldn't mean a thing to the money hungry government. I would disappear.
edit on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 16:42:47 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
A friend of mine, her baby-daddy had himself declared mentally incompetent. Not only does he no longer have to pay child support, but now he's getting an SSI check too.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

You know how tempting that is..... I got two drug addict aunts, never worked in their lives, getting state aid to pay for everything. It makes me sick! If I didn't think that the crap is going to hit the fan, maybe I would move back and "go insane" and get paid to do nothing! I have always had a whole lot of mental problems, like panic attacks, and have worked since I was 10 years old!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You know how tempting that is..... I got two drug addict aunts, never worked in their lives, getting state aid to pay for everything. It makes me sick! If I didn't think that the crap is going to hit the fan, maybe I would move back and "go insane" and get paid to do nothing! I have always had a whole lot of mental problems, like panic attacks, and have worked since I was 10 years old!

Ditto on that. I am slightly autistic and keep thinking about having myself committed for a while, start getting checks. I am just about at the point where I have nothing to lose anyway.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I am pretty sure that I have aspergers. Or brain damage. When I was only 2 weeks old, my mom tripped down the stairs with me, I am pretty sure that is where a lot of my problems come from. I cried for a long time. I had migraines at least twice a week until a bit after adolescence. I don't know if it was hormones or a certain green leaf that did it, they happened at the same time.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You sound like a man of honor. Well done!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I hit a 37, I am not sure I trust it though lol. Do people like that usually find it easy to get laid? Well, maybe it just helps my interested subject is psychology.....

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I hit a 37, I am not sure I trust it though lol. Do people like that usually find it easy to get laid? Well, maybe it just helps my interested subject is psychology.....

I studied sociology, not math. So there ya go.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Maybe I am an idiot savante, and my talent is sex! Lmao! Could be worse I guess

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join