It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

There you go, that was'nt so hard now was it? So I'm close to the mark. Don't make out you work 70-80 hours a week because I know you don't.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

I know the economic realities of your country probably better than you do because part of my business affects how well the American markets do so I can plan ahead. Alot of Australians are doing likewise....and don't think we saw this coming after you did. We knew long before the Americans woke up.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Interesting to think that american men paying child support are the only ones holding their part of the deal.

In laymans terms, federal, and state are in debt up to their ears, and both raise taxes and print money when they are in a pickle.BUT, the average joe is fuc### they either pay the bill or end up in jail.

sad times indeed when the only one held accountable for their actions is the pheasant is it not

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

There you go, that was'nt so hard now was it? So I'm close to the mark. Don't make out you work 70-80 hours a week because I know you don't.

never have i even implied that i do. not anywhere in this thread have i even come close to suggesting that.
as i have stated many many times my situation is only for an example i have resolved it myself and it is not an issue anymore. thats why i felt free to come to ATS and discuss the topic.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

ALL average Americans are stuffed....at least until 2014-2015. I can't see what lay further than that yet.

As for the Australians, we are better off than the USA, our economy is in better shape but we know our time is coming too and I always plan 2 years ahead so I know I'm safe until end of 2013 unless the world blows up.....which it won't.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I know the economic realities of your country probably better than you do because part of my business affects how well the American markets do so I can plan ahead. Alot of Australians are doing likewise....and don't think we saw this coming after you did. We knew long before the Americans woke up.

the American markets have very very little actual translation to blue collar workforce jobs. Wall street is not America.its rich folks and corporations.and there are many many sub markets within sub markets in many regions..

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

reply to post by allprowolfy

ALL average Americans are stuffed....at least until 2014-2015. I can't see what lay further than that yet.

As for the Australians, we are better off than the USA, our economy is in better shape but we know our time is coming too and I always plan 2 years ahead so I know I'm safe until end of 2013 unless the world blows up.....which it won't.

i really do hope if it does hit you guys that it isn't as bad as its been here and may it be brief.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I'm pleased for you and hear that you have fixed your problem since your first post in January.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

actually its fixing itself. kids to get older... and then payments end.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Yes I understand that.......

I just can't figure out for the life of me why some of those bankers and Wall Street operators have'nt been rounded up and arrested.

Australia's mining industry plays a big part in our economy. My eyes are closely monitoring China right now. Europe is eventually going to be worse off than the USA.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

yeah there is a lot of poop still yet to fly. our entire govt here is corrupt to their eyeballs. and in bed with wall street. it is going to be very ugly when it all hits the fan, i don't imagine that is too far off in the future actually.
edit on 3-6-2011 by CaDreamer because: fat finger typos

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

every person i have actually met from there i have loved to death, i really do hope that things stabilize before your country and others follow suit. there is probably a worse financial disaster going to hit the US soon, all that debt is going to come up due really really soon

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by Annee

It should not be based on what you earn, but what the cost is for food and clothing.

I assume - - you mean the real cost of food and clothing - - - is less then the set rate has decided you should pay per your earnings.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Mate....you don't strike me as one who works 70-80 hours a week; I believe you are working roughly 45 hours a week if that. Want to know how I know? Because the statistics came out from your country last week telling me how many are in full time work and how many are in part time work. There are now alot more Americans in part time work than full time work right now as we speak. On top of that, there are 22% unemployed in your country and growing daily.

How is it relevant how many hours a week I work, or what I do for that matter?

Do you have any clue about why there are so many people in part-time work? Because it's all that is available. If about 1 in 4 Americans can't even find a job at all, think of how many are LUCKY to find a job that will give then 15-20 hours a week.

And while we are on the topic here, a few years ago I was wounded and had to take a more low-keyed job. I was there for about a year, and was laid off. You know why I was laid off? Because the new woman who had just gotten hired for part-time work got fired from her full-time job. So the owner pushed me out the door and gave my hours to that woman because she had a kid to take care of. Nevermind the fact that she already got Section 8 housing subsidy and child support. So after that, I was unable to find another full time job AT ALL. I literally wound up homeless after about six months on unemployment.

So the lesson there is, for all of women's whining about not being treated fairly in the work place, women are shown favoritism at every turn.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Oh lord. A little full of yourself?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

It should not be based on what you earn, but what the cost is for food and clothing.

I assume - - you mean the real cost of food and clothing - - - is less then the set rate has decided you should pay per your earnings.

I can live on $50 a week. The maximum allotment for food stamps. So, half of that is $25 a week that a father should have to pay for his kid's food. Then go ahead and tack on that other $25 for clothes and pencils.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Does anyone see a prob with a simple CHILDSUPPORT CARD. Which tracks all items, mom and dad can see how money is spent if overages are occuring showing signs of money being spent elsewhere. As it is kinda big brotherish the CARD is it a good idea and if not why not.

Child Support Cards?!?!?! When did all of this happen?

Nice!

About damn time!

This is a great idea. My ex is over 32,000.00 in arrears. If this would give him incentive to pay, I am all for it. If and when he pays, every dollar goes to my children. One last thing. ALABAMA CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT SUCKS!!!

If you think about this in the right way, the debit card can be useful for a variety of reasons.

(1) Out of Wedlock & Divorce: Good fathers can pay child support knowing it will go towards necessities. Clothes, food, shelter, eye glasses, etc... Fathers do not have to worry about support money going towards luxury items. If fathers knew where the money is being spent, I think the stress level between the parents would go down.

(2) Out of Wedlock: Good fathers who pay child support, without wanting visitation, can now do so without causing psychological stress on mothers and children. I call these good fathers, for they do at least want to pay. Although they do not want to be physically involved, they are still making an effort in helping the process. "Take my cash, but leave me alone" type of mentality. Less stress all around. When these type of fathers pay into a debit card, the stress from signing his ex-girlfriend's name will fade. Psychological healing can start, and it may just lead to participation.

(3) Out of Wedlock & Divorce: We can get actual expense numbers. Instead of making a child support system based upon estimates, we can get the actual cost in bringing up a child. Once we have those particular numbers, we can educate parents and teens about the consequences of having children out of wedlock. Divorced couples will have a better grasp on the economic situation, so they can align their expenses according to their obligations. Maybe mothers will show some empathy and understanding. Maybe mothers and fathers who divorced for 'small issues' will sit down and reconcile their differences.

(4) Out of Wedlock & Divorce: Mothers will finally be in the spotlight. As a result of making things transparent, mothers will finally be held accountable for what they purchase. Other words, luxuries will be substituted for necessities. If she tries to buy something for herself, the courts will question her spending habits. Fathers just need to show a monthly statement to a judge, and then he or she will decide how to rectify the situation.

When it comes to the child support system, I think there are some serious flaws in the process. Only to name a few:

(1) Judges try to force two individuals together regardless about the consequences.

(2) We have no consequences for out of wedlock mothers who intentionally get pregnant.

(3) Out of wedlock: Females are allowed to keep, abort, or give their children up for adoption, but guys have absolutely no voice when their ex wants to keep the child. Females have three options, and males have no options.
edit on 6/4/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Exactly.
Once a woman is divorced from her husband it is no longer her business how much he earns.
That was only her business while she was married to him.
There really needs to be a overhaul of how the formula for child support is assessed as it is quite clear to any unbiased person with an ounce of intelligence that there is way too much pork barreling going on.

Children don't cost as much as some people like to make out to raise.
There is way too much fat on the figures that should be in the fathers pockets to finance his own accomodation/lives and relationships. Any fair person would realise this.

So long as a man pays for the upkeep of the basic costs of his childrens rearing, then that's all that should be expected of him. A lot of women have to step up to the plate and get real about their own financial obligations as parents as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Sorry mate but you Americans have been asleep while the rest of the world has been wide awake. You were warned and we were laughed at. Nothing much you can do about it now. You're stuck unless the Americans start a massive revolution; that, I can't see happening until unemployment rises to 30%....and thats just around the corner my friend.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Lucky you're not here in Australia.....you would'nt survive. We're tough as boots here.

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join