It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

I know that but my gut feeling was correct, was it not? Thankyou. I'm assuming I was right.

And to add, I would'nt even consider marrying anyone whose been married twice or had kids to more than one woman because that tells me there's something wrong and that comes with alot more baggage than a man who has only married once.
edit on 3-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Read the post more carefully...thats the problem with alot of you.

I SAID if the Op is genuinely a professional as he says he is then he can pick up casual work or do abit of cash work on the side. Who is going to know if he keeps his trap shut?

So you're saying that men should commit fraud and tax evation?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I know that but my gut feeling was correct, was it not? Thankyou. I'm assuming I was right.

And to add, I would'nt even consider marrying anyone whose been married twice or had kids to more than one woman because that tells me there's something wrong and that comes with alot more baggage than a man who has only married once.
edit on 3-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

You aren't right about anything. Alimony has NOTHING to do with child support. So what are you talking about?

I won't even date a woman who has a child, especially if the child was born out of wedlock. Multiple marriages could certainly be a red flag too, but I am much more concerned about how a woman conducts hersexual responsibility.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I'm saying you do what you've got to do.....alot of people work 2-3 jobs. Perhaps alot of non-custodial parents think that might affect their "SOCIAL" life?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Read the post more carefully...thats the problem with alot of you.

I SAID if the Op is genuinely a professional as he says he is then he can pick up casual work or do abit of cash work on the side. Who is going to know if he keeps his trap shut?

i do actually do side work and that nets me a little here and there however i do already work long hours and today is my first day off in 13 days excluding memorial day. i repair computers, cars, trucks, tractors, any consumer electronic etc. i however i keep it under 2k a year or i have to claim it. i pay my child support and my taxes. never do anything shady when you have the govt monitoring your finances thats just not bright.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

You said you'd much prefer paying alimony than child support; I then asked you does alimony cover the day to day costs of children from 0 to 18 years of age........

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I'm saying you do what you've got to do.....alot of people work 2-3 jobs. Perhaps alot of non-custodial parents think that might affect their "SOCIAL" life?

Oh, so now men party too much, that's why they can't afford to pay more support. Is that it? Get real. And you sit there and say that men should commit felonies just to get by.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

There you go......so now you have the idea

I'll assume you are self employed?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

You said you'd much prefer paying alimony than child support; I then asked you does alimony cover the day to day costs of children from 0 to 18 years of age........

Your question doesn't make any sense. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

It;s like I just told you that I prefer vanilla over chocolate, and you ask how much the ice cream clerk gets paid.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
honesty and integrity are not things to be cast aside when times are difficult. they are things to cling to, you give up your very being by compromising your own values.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

If you are having troubles with your finances, you get an extra job - part time or casual. People do it all the time but some just don't want to pack in afew extra hours. Like I said, alot of people do 2-3 jobs and you think you're so damn hard done by?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

There you go......so now you have the idea

I'll assume you are self employed?

He's lucky to have some technical skills and clients. Many people do not. And many men work 70-80 hours a week and still can't get by becasue they are being soaked in payments to their ex.

link   

and thats why you pick up alittle extra and keep it under $2k ? Who are you trying to kid? I now have a prettygood idea what you're doing. Thankyou!

link   
I am paying child support for two children one is from my marriage which I have always happily payed without any need of a government agency to be a go between. We do share care so I have my daughter one week on and then a week without her.
After leaving my wife I was in a causal relationship with a women and she had told me that she was taking contraceptives.
After 2 months she fell pregnant at witch point we started to make plans for her to move in together. On a trip to the doctors for a check up she let slip that she hadn't been on any contraception at the time of becoming pregnant.
I was very angry with her for lying and manipulating me and decided to end the relationship
She became very angry with me and I was left with no choice but to use the child support agency to arrange her payments.
After two years of being single I met a lovely lady with 3 kids and after two years we moved into a house together.
Now I am in a bad state financially because I am paying child support for 2 children 1 of witch I do share care with and am also supporting the 3 children in my new relationship.
I work between 48 to 55 hours a week my partner works 24 hours a week and we still have trouble keeping the cars road worthy pay the bills and putting the kids through school.
Now I'm not complaining about paying for my first caught but why am I having to pay the women who lied and tricked me into getting her pregnant.

One good piece of advice I can give from my experiences is if you have split up then the first thing you should do is look in the yellow pages for the men's support line..
If it wasn't for this group I would not be doing share care and getting to have my daughter half the time. The most important thing they told me was not to sign anything witch was important because the first time I went to pick my daughter up from my ex wife she had all her family there bailing me up in a corner with a bunch of hand written documents stating I could only see her on weekend between certain times. If I had signed that I would not be doing share care right now

link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

in a manner of speaking yes i am a contractor, however all that other stuff i listed are from prior careers, i am at journeyman level in many professions. and have multiple degrees, that isn't an issue.

I will gladly speak of my former profession however to keep at least some anonymity i will not state for the thread what i do for a living.

don't try to solve my own personal problems please, they are actually resolving nicely. thank you

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

do tell

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

If you are having troubles with your finances, you get an extra job - part time or casual. People do it all the time but some just don't want to pack in afew extra hours. Like I said, alot of people do 2-3 jobs and you think you're so damn hard done by?

There are millions of Americans that can't even find one job, much less a few jobs. You really need to wake up to the economic realities of poverty and working class Americans.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Mate....you don't strike me as one who works 70-80 hours a week; I believe you are working roughly 45 hours a week if that. Want to know how I know? Because the statistics came out from your country last week telling me how many are in full time work and how many are in part time work. There are now alot more Americans in part time work than full time work right now as we speak. On top of that, there are 22% unemployed in your country and growing daily.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

personally i work 50 to 55 a week. and so do 15 other people that work for my company. all full time. this job 6yrs so far.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Then if your problems are resolving then it can't be all that bad as you made out!

If you are a contracter, that means you are self employed therefore I suggest you get a decent accountant...preferably a chartered accountant; they cost more but you'll save you more in the long run.

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join