It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Mate.....word of advice.....

choose your battles carefully and thank God your kids bring life to this world and they are happy and healthy!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This whole thing about paying half for each child's needs is not consistent with many scenarios possible with a divorce situation.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

You missed all the FACTS brought up in this thread. Like the one where attorneys claim Judges are not BIASED,but they are NOT AS BIASED as years past. Lawyer and Attorney double talk,based on LIES. Judges are always BIASED.PERIOD.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Thats BS,people are paying Alimony. Just because no one is willing to share that information,doesnt mean it isnt happening.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by CaDreamer

Mate.....word of advice.....

choose your battles carefully and thank God your kids bring life to this world and they are happy and healthy!

Be happy and shut up. That about sums up most women's point of view when it comes to child support.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxNormal
The only thing the OP cares about is his money. Thats all money money money. Yay for you, hope your kids can see this. What kind of loser whines about his money when it comes to his child? The op thats who. I see why 2 wifes left you.

The OP needs to live,to support his children. The OP needs to have "money" to do that. Unless you feel entitlement on the taxpayers dime is the way to go. It wouldnt surprise me, MANY think like that. Heres a better question.What kind of mother,who claims she loves her kids,would put the father in a situation,that denys him of the basic rights to take care of them? OR himself??
edit on 3-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
I have no issue with child support as long as it is a reasonable amount and used to pay for half of the child's living expenses. The problem that i've seen is that there are cases where the amount a man has to pay is absolutely obscene.

I don't know about times past - - but today - - there is a flat rate based on earnings.

Heck - even when I got divorced 30 years ago there was a rate based on earnings.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It should not be based on what you earn, but what the cost is for food and clothing.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I assumed no one knows about alimony since no one will tell me how its works, what it's for etc. How different is it to child support? Does it work out by % of income? Geez, if child support is a sour point here on this thread then alimony must be even more sour!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I assumed no one knows about alimony since no one will tell me how its works, what it's for etc. How different is it to child support? Does it work out by % of income? Geez, if child support is a sour point here on this thread then alimony must be even more sour!

Child support is an entirely separate issue. Alimony can be awarded whether or not the couple had children. It is meant to help the former home-maker pay the bills after the working spouse has left. It is basically credit for the work done around the home which prevented the home-maker from following a career path. Of course, this assumes that the homemaker actually did anything at all around the house, and was unable to work,

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

ALIMONY

Just another snare,for the Average Joe. Prenuptial is a must.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

In regards to the Op, a majority of people are living it tough and he's not the only person living with financial hardship. Most are and my bet is he's better off than alot of other people out there.

If the Op is a genuine professional then he knows what to do to drum up more income to help himself. It's all a balancing act and doing afew odd cash jobs on his days off would'nt do him any harm. Alot of people do 2-3 jobs; whats wrong with him doing a fulltime job and a casual job on the side? Wish I knew what he did for a living, I could help out with suggestions and steer him in the right direction. I do run a business so I'm not intirely blind.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well, I don't believe in alimony unless it's limited to only 1-2 years while the ex wife picks up some skills. After that it should be squashed.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Prenups are good for as long as children don't enter in to the relationship, then it becomes nil and void. Co-Habitation Agreements usually have a specific time frame then it has to be renewed depending on the law in your state. Here, the maximum life of a Co-Habitation agreement is 5 years before it has to be renewed.

Personally I think these should be entered in to before marriage however I'm a big believer all couples should enter counselling for 3 months before marriage too. But thats not the issue here, child support is.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Well, I don't believe in alimony unless it's limited to only 1-2 years while the ex wife picks up some skills. After that it should be squashed.

I'm actually more in favor of alimony than I am child support. At least with alimony, you have a couple who willingly made a binding contract to support eachother. If one or the other chooses to break that contract and leave, the person at a financial disadvantage should be given proper compensation and support to make sure that they can survive alone.

Unfortunately, alimony is very biased. I have known many men who worked some crap job AND took care of the kids while paying for his wife to go to school, only to have the wife turn around and leave going on to make piles of money form the education that the broke husband paid for. And of course, he gets no alimony from her. In fact, he may still have to pay money to her, and may even lose the kids to her.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

In regards to the Op, a majority of people are living it tough and he's not the only person living with financial hardship. Most are and my bet is he's better off than alot of other people out there.

If the Op is a genuine professional then he knows what to do to drum up more income to help himself. It's all a balancing act and doing afew odd cash jobs on his days off would'nt do him any harm. Alot of people do 2-3 jobs; whats wrong with him doing a fulltime job and a casual job on the side? Wish I knew what he did for a living, I could help out with suggestions and steer him in the right direction. I do run a business so I'm not intirely blind.

Oh, make more money. Sure, so he can hand that over too? Yeah right.

You are also quite naive as to the realities of poverty in general, and more specifically, the dire straits people are in now in the past few years with the economy being what it is now.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Prenups are good for as long as children don't enter in to the relationship, then it becomes nil and void. Co-Habitation Agreements usually have a specific time frame then it has to be renewed depending on the law in your state. Here, the maximum life of a Co-Habitation agreement is 5 years before it has to be renewed.

Personally I think these should be entered in to before marriage however I'm a big believer all couples should enter counselling for 3 months before marriage too. But thats not the issue here, child support is.

I wouldn't marry anyone I hadn't lived with for at least a year.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Well, does alimony cover the day to day running costs of children from 0 to 18 years of age? I've got a gut feeling it does'nt even come close.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Alimony has absolutely nothing to do with the children.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Read the post more carefully...thats the problem with alot of you.

I SAID if the Op is genuinely a professional as he says he is then he can pick up casual work or do abit of cash work on the side. Who is going to know if he keeps his trap shut?

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join