It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

seems to me, that the courts think this is the case.....
but I agree, it's unrealistic to think that the kids aren't gonna be hit financially when a couple separates.....
there's gonna be the same amount coming in, less going out...
but I would be paying $200 or more dollars in rent for a three bedroom apartment than I would if I didn't have kids to shelter!! so, yes, that extra is considerable...

personally, I like my idea...the house belongs to the kids, let mom and dad switch from big house to small efficiency when custody changes. and well, unless there is safety issues involved they share custody equally....
then we can just listen to them bicker about who isn't cleaning up after themselves and all that crap.....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Ah so it was you that thought up the idea I brought up earlier. I couldn't find the post again, so I had to paraphrase it.
I thought it was a great idea, apparently some bitter people disagree...

If it was really about the kids, I think people could put the petty nonesense aside and work something out, that doesn't leave the man without any money to eat....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

men who have no money to eat more than likely ain't got suitable housing to do much of anything when it comes to taking custody of the kids......
at least my suggestion would solve the last problem...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Well summed up Flighty

Originally posted by Flighty

I think women use this guilt trip by using "the kids" when it really means "hey I need the money for my survival too" and men resent THAT aspect of the whole scam.

Something else I resented, having the gov come in and garnish my wages as if I wasn`t going to pay of my own accord.

Your branded by it from the get go,as if it was your fault for the split.

Having ones own business at least takes that away and feels pricless to post the check on your accord.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I am talking about the poor saps now who get like 50% of their net pay ripped out of their paychecks under the current system. Hard to keep a roof over your head and fed under those circumstances, unless you are a surgeon or something.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

A woman is responsible for her own body.......as a man is responsible for his own body. She can't be responsible for both her vagina and his penis!

When a woman alleges she's on the pill......NEVER take her word for it. Just assume that since you never had a vasectomy, you know what could and does transpire. Got it?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

It is solely the responsibility of the woman that a baby is born. She makes the ultimate decision whether the baby will be born or not. She should also thus have full responsibility for this. If the man does not want the baby, but only the woman wants the baby, then why should man pay anything for her own decision to have a baby?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

You must live out in the sticks because here in Australia the average cost of a 2 bedroom apartment starts at $450.00 a week my friend. $30.00 food for a child? That only covers the cost of bread and milk per week here for a family of 3 with 2 schoolage children. I know I'd want my kids to eat fresh produce, not take outs and cheap garbage from packets, jars and tins!

If you are paying $200.00 a week rent and you have only one child....then the share of rent for that child is $100.00 so the non-custodial father should pay $50.00 towards the ex wife's rent per month, this % could also be used to pay utilities and food, then he should also pay 50% of education/dental/medical/education/petrol. Instead of alimony, 10% above and beyond child support is fair and paid to the mother to do as she wishes.

Here in Australia, fair child support should be no less than $250.00 per month. Then upon entering primary school or when the child turns 4-5 years of age $500.00 per month per child. Then when the child turns 13 or upon entering high school then it should go up to $600.00 per month until the child turns 18. For 3 teenage children $1500.00 is a respectable amount of child support per month...this would also cover dental checks twice a year.

I have no idea of the average day to day costs in the USA but I'm assuming it's alot less than Australia.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

No man has the right to force a woman to have an abortion.

If you want her to have an abortion and she agrees, YOU pay for it since she's the one having the op. I'd also expect you to go with her and support her.

If she does'nt agree to an abortion then tough luck for you! The law is the law and YOU will be made equally responsible whether you like it or not. If it was my daughter, I'd prefer she aborts too, I don't think I could stomach a bastard child from an idiot with BAD genes. However, if she decided to keep the kid, I'd hunt down the father and make him pay for 18 whole years, he would NEVER be able to run and hide because I would find him!

You would not only have to deal with me but you would deal with her brothers and their father! Dealing with me by jerking your responsibilities....you would be dealing with the mother of all mothers from HELL !!! Dealing with their father would be like dealing with the Russian Mafia. You would have no where to run!

edit on 3-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Star for you! I am sorry if I was heated with you. I had to deal with a member that contrary to what she said,she doesnt care about men. She also made opinions,and claimed them as facts. I applaud your efforts to be a father. In no way,shape or form did I mean any disrespect.Just hot under the collar.

Edit to add:
I am a father of three kids also.

edit on 3-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

My father is also a father of three children. My husband is a father of three children. You may assume, that both have no quarter for men like these.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

No Cobra, the snake, brought up sperm donors. Please feel free to go back and look. He brought it up when I told him his agreement with this girlfriend that he'd never pay for any of his children wouldn't stand up in court.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Maslo

No man has the right to force a woman to have an abortion.

If you want her to have an abortion and she agrees, YOU pay for it since she's the one having the op. I'd also expect you to go with her and support her.

If she does'nt agree to an abortion then tough luck for you! The law is the law and YOU will be made equally responsible whether you like it or not. If it was my daughter, I'd prefer she aborts too, I don't think I could stomach a bastard child from an idiot with BAD genes. However, if she decided to keep the kid, I'd hunt down the father and make him pay for 18 whole years, he would NEVER be able to run and hide because I would find him!

You would not only have to deal with me but you would deal with her brothers and their father! Dealing with me by jerking your responsibilities....you would be dealing with the mother of all mothers from HELL !!! Dealing with their father would be like dealing with the Russian Mafia. You would have no where to run!

edit on 3-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

I would absolutley hate to see someone like you in a position of power. Vengful and spiteful. Its is because of people like you that there is so much trouble getting child support in the first place.

MOTF!
edit on 3-6-2011 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

My friend.....lucky for you I'm not in power of authority because you would find God soon enough!

I don't have time for any nonsence. I expect a man to be a man and do the right thing. Thats how I bring my sons up and I expect no less from any other.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Isn't it somewhat confusing for you then, that most of these laws and regulations were inked by men?

That's just gotta confuse you.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Are you comparing yourself to God now? I am confused.

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The nagging of a woman makes me do things I'm not happy about too. LOL! Just kidding ya. I'm on the other side of the fence i would suppose, but my opinions are my own and are hard to be changed. I see inequality when it comes to children. And not for the women.

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Where on earth do you live that those figures make a darn bit of sense. Or are your numbers measurement in half week increments?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

How do you feel about a woman who wants nothing to do with a child and has an abortion without even consulting the father? Is that somehow ok in your book?

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

When dealing with me where my daughter is concerned, you're dealing with your worst possible nightmare I would'nt wish upon my worst enemy!

Lucky for any man who does'nt get my daughter pregnant.....there's alot of desert out here in Australia.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

How do you feel about a woman who wants nothing to do with a child and has an abortion without even consulting the father? Is that somehow ok in your book?

MOTF!

This is the different topic. But again, women have complete control over all their internal organs. Once a child is born (with increasing legal protections throughout a pregnancy in many places) it is its own person with a rights and legal protections in full.

I know that doesn't work well with your being upset, but a child is NOT its mother.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join