It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

That goes back to the convo, that to SOME WOMEN, having babies is a way to make money

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

NPD and the feminist movement (are they those hairy gay butch women that look like men?) have nothing to do with this thread.

We are all men and women wanting the best for our children. Children from broken homes can still thrive if the environment created for them is a healthy and vibrant one.....with or without the support of one parent.

I'm not perfect, no parent is.....but I've raised 3 damn good kids that make me proud every moment of every day. Shame their father missed out but I did reap what I sowed and my kid's successes tell me I must had done something right.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Wrong......

a child is the responsibility of BOTH parents involved.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Star for you! I am sorry if I was heated with you. I had to deal with a member that contrary to what she said,she doesnt care about men. She also made opinions,and claimed them as facts. I applaud your efforts to be a father. In no way,shape or form did I mean any disrespect.Just hot under the collar.

Edit to add:
I am a father of three kids also.

edit on 3-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Maslo

Wrong......

a child is the responsibility of BOTH parents involved.

Only if they both agreed to have the child. Otherwise it is the responsibility of the one parent that wants the child, only.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree..

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Ummmm, I'm a mother LOL

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I guess we do agree we disagree.

You make it, you look after it.

You don't want it, don't make it.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Thank you, that is a reasonable solution brought up here. Sounds fair for everyone, I bet a lot of women will take offense at such a suggestion though

Then again I brought up another idea earlier and was shot down, so what do I know?

edit on Fri, 03 Jun 2011 03:14:34 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

lololol

Well,thats a surprise!!!!!!!!

Well,thankyou for being a "REAL" mom,even though you said you could best "ANY" father.................Thats why I mistook you for a father........

edit on 3-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I am a REAL mum alright......I just hope they don't expect their future wives to spoil them as much because I doubt they'll get up in the early hours of the morning and cook for them and their mates.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I hear ya!!!
I spoil my kids also. Wake up early,cook breakfast,send them to school.Wash rinse repeat. They been through hell,but are very happy living with their dad. They understand how the system works also. The one rule,no matter how bad "their " mother are,is never to talk bad about them,or to deny them of their rights to see them. Although,supervision is needed with one of the moms. Not all fathers are in it for the money,or power trip. Some are just in it for the love........I apologize again. Peace.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I do agree that paying child support to a person who
1. Left you (not the reverse)
2. Re-Married or is living in a civil partnership
3. Has a medium to high income themselves
Should not receive mandatory child support from their previous spouse/partner. That goes for males or females that take on the children/child.

I have noticed that, in the three countries I have lived, it is very hard for males to survive alone. As women we are given numerous pathways out of a life of destitution. Pathways that do not exist for males. So surviving as a male, paying child support and living alone must be a nightmare in middle or lower income situations.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

NPD and the feminist movement (are they those hairy gay butch women that look like men?) have nothing to do with this thread.

We are all men and women wanting the best for our children. Children from broken homes can still thrive if the environment created for them is a healthy and vibrant one.....with or without the support of one parent.

I'm not perfect, no parent is.....but I've raised 3 damn good kids that make me proud every moment of every day. Shame their father missed out but I did reap what I sowed and my kid's successes tell me I must had done something right.

So what are you worried about then Mom? Good on you!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

If I build you a colr TV, do I have to pay your cable bill?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

So your in favour of the father should be the one who gets custudy then and not automatically the mother?.

Or do you mean looking after it (child) is only done with money from a father? which is kind of the topic of complaint.
edit on 3-6-2011 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Flighty

Thank you, that is a reasonable solution brought up here. Sounds fair for everyone, I bet a lot of women will take offense at such a suggestion though

Then again I brought up another idea earlier and was shot down, so what do I know?

edit on Fri, 03 Jun 2011 03:14:34 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Thanks glad you agree and also apologies if you said something similiar yourself, must've missed it.

We've had the stock market bubble, the housing bubble, the movie and music bubble.......all of them burst because of greed, corruption and abuse.
The final bubble that needs bursting is the Child Support Bubble.
A lot of women having been rorting and ripping off the child support system with the legal fraternity, court system and government departments legally abetting them.
So I think there is a Child Support crash definately on the way where the actual cost will reflect reality.
Children won't be the ones affected by it but the freeloading mothers who seem to think their baby daddys are their own sugar daddies.
I think a lot of women have to come to terms with the FACT that Freedom comes at a price
And if they aren't prepared to take financial responsibility for that freedom then they aren't mature enough for it and sure as hell aren't mature enough to take children with them.

edit on 3-6-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

One thing I don't get, is why people think kids should all have their own rooms, with TV's and computers and such nonsense these days?

Mothers getting a 4 BR house for her and 3 kids, and expecting the father to foot half her bills, and somehow live himself? Not happening unless you are a doctor or liar or something...

edit on Fri, 03 Jun 2011 04:35:33 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Kids and their toys!
They then grow up and want bigger more expensive toys!!!

Yeah that's all well and fine while mum and dad are both together and working.
After divorce, it's no longer feasible.

And about the rooms, lets face it, it's not possible for most kids to have their own rooms, especially pre teens.
Even in the best situation kids often have to share.
So even in a 3 child situation, 2 of those are going to be the same gender who can share a room.
If it's 4 , that 2 each to a room.
So the maximum even with 4 kids is 3 bedroom housing.
This is how works when a lot of people are still together as a family unit and is even more necessary after a break up.

And there is nothing wrong with kids getting a job young in life.
Whether it's washing cars in the neighbourhood or delivering the newspaper for cash for stuff that they want.
It's good for them and makes them appreciate what they get even more.

And as I mentioned a bit earlier, a bedroom usually tacks on $50 a week extra in rent.
So 2 rooms is 100 extra, half of that is $50 that is in no way paying half of the rent.
That's how it should be worked out....Yeah I know currently it isn't but soon will be

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
*********BEEP BEEP BEEP***********

AND NOW FOR AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE US POPULATON FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

EARN LESS MONEY, GO ON WELFARE!!!!

washingtonexaminer.com...

don't like the healthcare mandate...earn less money!!!
if you can't afford your healthcare, or your kids.....earn less money!!
can't afford to pay the rent and have food on the table also....earn less money!!!
oh for God's sake!!! quit complaining, and just fall in line, and earn less money!!!!!!

I would be willing to bet, that it's this insanity from the government that has cause just as many divorces and separations than feminism has!!! and it has nothing to do with social engineering, or anything else.....
EARN LESS MONEY!!! be willing to take less for the same work you are doing now!!! don't worry, that kind group in washington will take care of you!!! really, we will!!! (he, he, he........ls it time to go after the IRA's yet, how much is left in the pension funds!!!) come on guys, it's easy, you make less money, and really get more in the end....and well, our buddies on wall street and big corporations get to rake in the profits....
ahhhhhh....come on guys......we'll take good care of yas!!! (what do you mean the IRA's aren't worth much?? how did we already raid them?? oh ya, the real estate scam, dang!!!) okay guys, we're tired of feeding your arses, now get out there get one of those minimum wage jobs and stand on the corner and beg for you food after you're done!! we're sick of taking care of yas!!!

really guys, if you don't help take care of your kids, who do you think is gonna?? the gov't is only into providing for the rich!!! if they are giving a little to the poor, it's only because they have found a way to use the system to make a ton more at the other end!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I don't think it's that most men don't want to look after their kids.
They just don't want to be responsible for the mothers expenses post divorce.
Which is fair enough.
I think women use this guilt trip by using "the kids" when it really means "hey I need the money for my survival too" and men resent THAT aspect of the whole scam.
Child support is for the childrens expenses and the fact is, kids don't cost as much as to raise as everyone makes out.
Women are big enough and ugly enough (or should be) to take care of themselves.
Or why leave the married situation to begin with?
They want the kids to have the same standard of living that they had (and themselves too) while daddy was around and anyone with any sense would figure out, it isn't humanly possible.

Women need a huge reality check.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join