It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

How the hell did some of you bring up the IVF program? Is'nt that a completely different subject all together?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It is a womans choice to have a baby, not a mans choice. If the man disagrees, she alone should have the financial responsibility. If she does not want the responsibility, then nobody is forcing her to have the baby, she can abort it at will.

As for the rights of the children, there is no right of children to get child support from a man that did not agree with their birth. They will be taken care of either way, thats what welfare is for, if needed.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

You were taling about putting some of the bills in the child's name; do youknow how outragous that is?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

When men wake up to the fact that their wives are not only their housemaid and cook, she is their best friend and "business" partner; we'll see alot less divorces. Working at a marriage is like working at your place of employment.....the harder you work the more bonus's and promotions you get. You treat a woman with respect, she's going to return that 10 fold. Children are unconditional. They don't survive just on love alone.

My wife makes FAR more money than I do, and it is me who does the dishes, laundry, etc. In fact, I do it for 12 kids who's MOTHERS were too incompetent to have them, who abused them, who failed to protect them.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

You were taling about putting some of the bills in the child's name; do youknow how outragous that is?

That was how I established credit so that I could be emancipated when I turned 16.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Show me what rediculous claims I've made?????????

I can outshine any father on this thread, the whole bloody lot of them!

Like I said,read the posts.SOME have claimed ridiculous crap.I dont know you,so I dont know if what you claim is true or not,nor did I say"bluemirage5" did .If you read through the thread,you will see good men here.Most want answers.Most are in pain,and are trying to find help.Some are trolling. I will call you out on being "father of the year". PROVE IT. or keep your self centered opinion to yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I don't even remember how it came up initially to be honest.... But apparently someone in this thread thinks that even sperm donors should be able to be held liable.... That's just insanity.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This thread has really turned into a pee match, but I think I might take some time tomorrow to make a comprehensive piece regrading support.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Then I strongly suggest you stay fair clear of any woman since you are not prepared to take responsibility for your own actions!

Fact is, more than half of the women receiving child support are divorced who once had vibrant marriages that fell apart!

If you shag a woman and a child is created, you ARE legally responsible for the upkeep of that child until he/she turns 18 whether you like it or not. You don't want to be responsible for a child......don't shag it's mother! It's that simple my friend!

Now perhaps some of you would be better better off shagging a woman in a brothel.....except most men don't want to pay $$$. Brothels are a whole lot cheaper long term, don't you think?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I fully agree! The IVF programs have nothing to do with this thread unless the couple signed on to sperm donation, marriage fails, then the husband should still be liable.....not the sperm donor!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Aeons brought it up in another derailment. I headed her off with this piece...

Modern Feminist Narcissism and the Sperm Bank There is far too much to cover in one article regarding the modern feminist movement as it pertains to social engineering, the degeneration of the family unit, and many of the ills we see today in modern society. Suffice to say though, that the movement as a whole has been a great disservice to humanity, and even to women in particular. Fatherless children is only one aspect of a much, much larger agenda, and in this piece we will be narrowing the view even further to focus specifically on women who deliberately become pregnant by anonymous sperm donors. But just to be clear, when we speak here on “modern feminism” we are not speaking about all women, or against any women, but against the socio-political agenda of the feminist movement that has actually done a great disservice to women and society as a whole.

Today, political correctness dictates that we are supposed to accept fatherless children as a sort of “new normal,” in direct contradiction to the laws of nature. We fancy ourselves gods, who can re-write the laws of nature on a whim, whenever we feel like it, and then act as if there will be no consequences for turning the natural order of things upside down. Children are meant to have a mother and a father. One can argue that point all day long in the interests of their modernist socio-political agenda, but the fact remains that our species, like so many others, reproduces sexually with both a male and female contribution of chromosomes. Balanced children will grow from the guidance and nurturing of both a man and a woman. Of course, there is tragedy in the world. One parent or another may be lost in some tragic accident, a war perhaps. But how do we suddenly make the jump to accept as normal, even preferable, what was once only the result of tragedy? The answer is simple. Narcissism. Unbalanced narcissism. The “I want what I want, and you can’t tell me no” mentality of our modern society, which is just as much a product of modern feminism as women wearing blue jeans. (Not that women in blue jeans is a bad thing of course.) Putting aside now the high rate of children raised by divorced parents, or born of unwed and unprotected sexual liaisons, we will maintain our focus here on the microcosm of clinical sperm donation. Of course, what we see here can be applied to the larger social arena as well, but unclouded by the arguments that often derail debate on the genuine core issues as the “blame” is tossed back and forth ad nauseum. When a woman chooses to impregnate herself clinically with anonymously donated sperm, then clearly there is no ambiguity when it comes to the responsibility of the pregnancy...

Full article

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Yeah she kind of went off the deep end here... Threatening people, among other things. Its been an interesting 6 or so pages tonight.

Make that 11 pages lol. Wow, this is a hot thread!
edit on Fri, 03 Jun 2011 02:54:00 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You have 12 kids? Can you explain without sharing too much of your personal life.......

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

Then I strongly suggest you stay fair clear of any woman since you are not prepared to take responsibility for your own actions!

Fact is, more than half of the women receiving child support are divorced who once had vibrant marriages that fell apart!

If you shag a woman and a child is created, you ARE legally responsible for the upkeep of that child until he/she turns 18 whether you like it or not. You don't want to be responsible for a child......don't shag it's mother! It's that simple my friend!

Now perhaps some of you would be better better off shagging a woman in a brothel.....except most men don't want to pay $$$. Brothels are a whole lot cheaper long term, don't you think?

I'm gonna shag anyone I want any where I want, and there is nothing you can do about it. And you certainly can't sue me for support, because I am legally immune from such proceedings. Like ti or lump it ladies, lol.

Explicit song video

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I read somewhere some woman got artificially inseminated, now wants the id of the sperm donor made known then SUE him for child support!!
How INSANE is that??
Story

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

You have 12 kids? Can you explain without sharing too much of your personal life.......

I run a group home.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I am. But it is responsibility for the actions of a woman that we are talking here. That is the injustice.

Fact is, more than half of the women receiving child support are divorced who once had vibrant marriages that fell apart! If you shag a woman and a child is created, you ARE legally responsible for the upkeep of that child until he/she turns 18 whether you like it or not. You don't want to be responsible for a child......don't shag it's mother! It's that simple my friend! Now perhaps some of you would be better better off shagging a woman in a brothel.....except most men don't want to pay $$$. Brothels are a whole lot cheaper long term, don't you think?

I envision it as such: when a woman finds out she is pregnant, she will need to get the approval of the biological father that he wants the baby, too. No approval = no child support from the biological father. I think that would be logical and fair, dont you agree?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by TKDRL

I read somewhere some woman got artificially inseminated, now wants the id of the sperm donor made known then SUE him for child support!!
How INSANE is that??
Story

We were just talking about that very scenrio. And certain "ladies" here think that anonymous donor should be sued for support.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Can't believe some women in this thread are saying that non custodial fathers should pay half for housing.
Get the hell out of here. Men have to pay for their own housing, so why the hell shouldn't you?

Fathers should only have to pay half of the cost of ONE OR TWO BEDROOMS not half the cost of the whole rent bill.
A woman should pay the equivalent of a one bedroom apartment or house totally HERSELF.
If she didn't have kids, she'd still need accommodation and a roof over her head.
Your ex husband isn't your father to pay your bills for you. So grow up and take some responsibility for yourself.

An example ......to highlight it....
A one bedroom flat/house in the area your living in = $150 that cost is YOURS ALONE.
A two bedroom flat/house in the area your living in = $200 that $50 extra is the price of your childs room.
Half of that the father should pay is $25.
If 2 extra bedrooms are needed then that is $50 per week for his half of the cost.

Maybe if these expenses were worked out realistically there wouldn't be so much animosity and refusal to pay.

The same for food. I've raised a child and I can tell you that a normal weight healthy child under 13 costs no more than $30 a week to feed when included into a familys grocery bill.
Half of that is $15 per child.
So adding that up for 2 kids for accomodation and food = $80 per week.
It's only $40 per week for ONE CHILD.

Where do people get these astronomical sums for child support from?
It should be worked out on Cost not on percentage of how much a man earns.

I think a radical overhaul of the actual cost assessment criteria needs to be done if there is going to be any hope of this whole shamozzle improving anytime soon.
edit on 3-6-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Seems to me this women made a BAD decision,and now wants to reap the benefits of a broken justice system.She should have those children taken away.......OH WAIT,they did. But gave them back.

PATHETIC

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join