It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Cite your cases for proper context.

Second of all, just because some anonymous sperm donors have lost in court doesn't justify it any more than the fact that slavery was also once legal.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Aeons

If that is true, which I have a hard time wrapping my head around... Then it goes to show you not to donate sperm, because it might come back to hurt you...

Can't have kids on your own? Not our problem, I know I certainly wouldn't donate knowing that kind of garbage goes on.

The children didn't agree to it. Their feelings on the matter are not garbage.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Aeons

Good for you. I am glad your father stepped up and did what a real parent should do. Did he go through hoops to get his kids? Did he fight tooth and nail? Commendable if its the "real" truth.

That doesnt change the fact that you come here with an agenda. Hate filled,and dishonest. At least I know if I want a poor mans version of Gloria Allred,someone that doesnt come with facts,but ONLY opinion,I know who to turn to.
Thank you for your version of "Men and Child Support".

You realize that you are siding with people who want to throw their children away, or make children go work fulltime to support themselves, right?

No one is siding with anyone. We are all siding against you since you have thoroughly derailed this thread with your nonsense. As I said, We "men" and concerned women were having a fruitful discussion of many opposing opinions until you came along with your diarrhea.

link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by Aeons

Cite your cases for proper context.

Second of all, just because some anonymous sperm donors have lost in court doesn't justify it any more than the fact that slavery was also once legal.

OH, the old slavery thing. Very good. Let us get out the whips and shackles and beat you to pulp for mouthing off then.

link   
reply to post by ParAvion

I partially disagree re receipts handed over to the non-custodial parent. Better way of doing it is the child support agencies deal with that by sitting down the custodial parent with her receipts & bank statements with rental lease in hand then working out the correct portion of what is appropriate. I know years ago when I handed over copies of receipts (ex would'nt accept photocopies), I not only did'nt get them back but I never got paid!

In regards to rent and say there is only one child involved, rent is $800.00 a month, the child's portion is $400.00 so non-custodial father should pay $200.00. This is how the utilities & food/groceries should be worked out too. For all other expenses relating to clothing, education, dental/medical, transport including petrol, etc.....non-custodial father should pay 50% of that.

This is a fair way of working out child support. *NOTE: rental prices differs from state to state and suburb.

Here in Australia a custodial mother gets to keep 2% of child support for herself. I know alot of you fathers will balk at that but keep in mind it's the custodial parent who cleans house, do the washing, help with homework, nurse the child when sick (loosing work pay), does the shopping, maintains car, etc etc. Personally I think it should rise to 10% and added on top of child support payments rather than pay alimony.

Another alternative is a set payment of $500.00 per child per month until the age of 14. From the age of 14 to 18, payments should be $600.00 per month per child or $1500.00 per month for 3 children.

Now let's see who balks at that!!! And this is from a mother who knows all too well the realistic costs of running a household of 3 teenage kids.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

If that is true, which I have a hard time wrapping my head around... Then it goes to show you not to donate sperm, because it might come back to hurt you...

Can't have kids on your own? Not our problem, I know I certainly wouldn't donate knowing that kind of garbage goes on.

'

If a mother donates her eggs, can she be sued for support?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Good for you. I am glad your father stepped up and did what a real parent should do. Did he go through hoops to get his kids? Did he fight tooth and nail? Commendable if its the "real" truth.

That doesnt change the fact that you come here with an agenda. Hate filled,and dishonest. At least I know if I want a poor mans version of Gloria Allred,someone that doesnt come with facts,but ONLY opinion,I know who to turn to.

You realize that you are siding with people who want to throw their children away, or make children go work fulltime to support themselves, right?

No one is siding with anyone. We are all siding against you since you have thoroughly derailed this thread with your nonsense. As I said, We "men" and concerned women were having a fruitful discussion of many opposing opinions until you came along with your diarrhea.

As long as it means that the women who come here agree to what you say.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Actually, yes they are garbage. Their "feelings" are as inconsequential as my opinion on who should be President a hundred years from now.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

'

I would imagine so. I haven't seen a case of it yet. But the legal precedent is there. The problem with this precedent is complicated by who then bore the child. This detail complicates the entire proceedings, so it isn't as neat in the eyes of the law and the finer points are still being worked out in court rooms. Usually from people deciding to not take custody of their contracted children from a surrogate.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Their feelings on the matter are not relevant. The woman made the decision.... How is that so hard to understand? I mean jeez, I donate lots of things, my old cell phones, my old computers. Should I now worry that if some assclown uses them in a crime that I would be held liable for it?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

As long as it means that the women who come here agree to what you say.

Once again, you make the mistake of turning this into a gender issue.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

It's 2011 now, not ancient times!

Even in the 1970's you killed your wife....you see alot of jail time, ALOT!

link   

reply to post by Aeons

'

I would imagine so. I haven't seen a case of it yet. But the legal precedent is there. The problem with this precedent is complicated by who then bore the child. This detail complicates the entire proceedings, so it isn't as neat in the eyes of the law and the finer points are still being worked out in court rooms. Usually from people deciding to not take custody of their contracted children from a surrogate.

Complicate this, spin that, hasnt been a case yet. Blah blah blah. Oh, but the man. Nail his ass to the wall right?

link   

There you go sonny. Am I really arguing against you? Are you sure you want to side with people whose ideas of "Fixing" the system mean that you have no legal rights so that you can't be held financial responsible? Or to make the children of the poor work instead of go to school so that the non-custodial parent doesn't have to pay support? Or people who think that children's rights are "garbage."

Are you really SURE that's your fraternity there?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Their feelings on the matter are not relevant. The woman made the decision.... How is that so hard to understand? I mean jeez, I donate lots of things, my old cell phones, my old computers. Should I now worry that if some assclown uses them in a crime that I would be held liable for it?

For posterity.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

It's 2011 now, not ancient times!

Even in the 1970's you killed your wife....you see alot of jail time, ALOT!

Lol, I dont care when it was, no one should kill their wife... well, I can think of one example maybe.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Children aren't a cell phone or a car or a computer.

Children are ACTUAL REAL PEOPLE. With legal rights. Rights that no one else can sign away on their behalf.

Even if that's inconvenient.
edit on 2011/6/3 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

There you go sonny. Am I really arguing against you? Are you sure you want to side with people whose ideas of "Fixing" the system mean that you have no legal rights so that you can't be held financial responsible? Or to make the children of the poor work instead of go to school so that the non-custodial parent doesn't have to pay support? Or people who think that children's rights are "garbage."

Are you really SURE that's your fraternity there?

What the hell are you talking about? I am not "siding" with anyone. There is no "secret fraternity" here hotpants.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Children aren't a cell phone or a car or a computer.

Children are ACTUAL REAL PEOPLE. With legal rights. Rights that no one else can sign away on their behalf.

Even if that's inconvenient.
edit on 2011/6/3 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

Wrong. CHildren have no rights.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Children can not legally be subjected to contracts under the age of 18 or 21, whatever the legal age.

You men just don't get it do you! When you see a child well fed, clean and in good health......is'nt it obvious the mother is doing a good job? That means she is using the child support in a proper manner!

GOT IT??????????????????????????????????????

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join