It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by slayerfan

I was an accident, but my parents were married. So Even though they didn't plan on me right then, they knew the risks and were prepared to act accordingly.

do us all a favor and just stop responding to the crazy person... maybe if we pretend we dont see her she will go away... just her though not all women

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Most of the women that I know who are fully independent, would not even CONSIDER taking money from a man that did not want to be a part of the children's lives.

Do you read what you post?

I don't know one woman who doesn't think she deserves child support from the father. However - - I know many who get by without it - - because the man doesn't pay it.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

This is a sexist tirade from the start. You don't know that women pay child support too? That there are single fathers? Or does this system only matter if it is broken whey you have to pay?

You were trawling for a sexist fight from the get-go, right from the title.

I did not misconstrue. The same men have made similar remarks in other threads. I merely pointing out the steaming pile of dog poop it is sitting in the room with all of you.

I'm happy for you to back away from it. Lead the way Dreamer. Lead the way.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

This has actually been a very cool thread, with a lot of women ringing in with good common sense. Of course, not all of us agree. Heck, a lot of us men don't agree on the finer points here. But her hijacking this thread to spout a venomous "feminist" agenda is actually quite revealing as to the nature of what all decent parents are facing when trying to navigate this maze of injustice and insidious social engineering.
edit on 3-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

This is a sexist tirade from the start. You don't know that women pay child support too? That there are single fathers? Or does this system only matter if it is broken whey you have to pay?

I did not misconstrue. The same men have made similar remarks in other threads. I merely pointing out the steaming pile of dog poop it is sitting in the room with all of you.

that issue is of concern ...but it has no place in this thread...did you read the title???????

MEN and child support

this has nothing to do with women's rights at all... not one tiny bit. if you go back and read the thread you would know that. your hijacking attempts are pathetic and deserve censure.

what was said in other threads that angered you so much that you stalked someone into another thread and ruined it for everyone else has no bearing on this thread and has no place for discussion. i will no longer entertain your neurosis.
edit on 3-6-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

only a sexist troll would be drawn to a fight over this thread. i am advocating for nontaxable status for child support payments and such to incentiveise the process, for men ...and women... how the blazes is that sexist?

your loopy

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

But her hijacking this thread to spout a venomous "feminist" agenda is actually quite revealing as to the nature of what all decent parents are facing when trying to navigate this maze of injustice and insidious social engineering.

What a truly delusional statement.

If you are a father - - you are at least 50% responsible until that child reaches 18.

No excuses.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

it can go both ways thow, my wife has a kid and I allways told her to give his dad joint custady no child suport wicth has been the case for years and now he takes my step son 1 maybe 2 nights a month maybe give here 20 bucks a month, I would feel like the bigest loser doing that as i had 3 kids being single and had joint custady i found my own babysitters so i could go to work evry day on top of paying child suport but i still tell her not to go to the freind of the court as hard as that is as we could really use the money that place is just rong.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Where have I addressed women's rights? Exactly?

You don't like losing this debate. My points are on topic (with the exception of my concern about the group home) and directly address the anti-woman, anti-child sentiment of some of the male posters.

That I do so effectively doesn't make me a troll.

Interestingly, in losing of course the worst of you band together to "fight" even if it means that what you are supporting is something that if you ever took a second to look at it with eyes of a father who might have someone say and think these things about your daughter one day, you'd be horrified.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Most of the women that I know who are fully independent, would not even CONSIDER taking money from a man that did not want to be a part of the children's lives.

I don't know one woman who doesn't think she deserves child support from the father. However - - I know many who get by without it - - because the man doesn't pay it.

My cousin is a high power DC attorney. She actually helps pay her ex-husbands bills, and he cheated on her. He doesn't have any custody either, but he is not barred at all either. So, she helps him maintain his apartment so that the kids can visit there whenever they want. Several states apart though, so I guess the way she sees it, is that she is paying for a vacation home for her kids and paying her ex to be the maintenance man. Anyway, just an example there. But yes, I know many woman who refuse support from the father.

My own lady has signed a contract that she will never sue me for support should she ever get pregnant. But in return, I have promised to be fully accessible for life to any such child, for fatherly duties outside of financial responsibility. The contract is relatively detailed, but even our own lawyers don't know that it would stand up in court. It is something we have put a lot of thought into though.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

You don't like losing this debate. My points are on topic (with the exception of my concern about the group home) and directly address the anti-woman, anti-child sentiment of some of the male posters.

Interestingly, in losing of course the worst of you band together to "fight" even if it means that what you are supporting is something that if you ever took a second to look at it with eyes of a father who might have someone say and think these things about your daughter one day, you'd be horrified.

this isnt a debate...its a discussion. you fail from the start because of that. end of discussion

link   

My position is that a woman should not have to pay support either if the father chooses to take custody.

Morally speaking she should help of course, financially to some extent perhaps, being there for the kids when they need a Mom, yes. But state mandated? No.

link   

It won't stand up in court, because child support isn't about YOU and HER. It is about your child, who is a human being in and of themselves.

Its been tried before. Its lost before. Based on that one minor detail.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

But her hijacking this thread to spout a venomous "feminist" agenda is actually quite revealing as to the nature of what all decent parents are facing when trying to navigate this maze of injustice and insidious social engineering.

What a truly delusional statement.

If you are a father - - you are at least 50% responsible until that child reaches 18.

No excuses.

What about anonymous sperm donors?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

"end of discussion" Always an excellent attempt at a Hail Mary. Nice try.

link   

Yep. They've lost on that exact point several times now. If the donor can have a name put to them, a child can go for support.
edit on 2011/6/3 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

link   

My cousin is a high power DC attorney. She actually helps pay her ex-husbands bills, and he cheated on her. He doesn't have any custody either, but he is not barred at all either. So, she helps him maintain his apartment so that the kids can visit there whenever they want. Several states apart though, so I guess the way she sees it, is that she is paying for a vacation home for her kids and paying her ex to be the maintenance man. Anyway, just an example there. But yes, I know many woman who refuse support from the father.

My own lady has signed a contract that she will never sue me for support should she ever get pregnant. But in return, I have promised to be fully accessible for life to any such child, for fatherly duties outside of financial responsibility. The contract is relatively detailed, but even our own lawyers don't know that it would stand up in court. It is something we have put a lot of thought into though.

my second wife refused support,i insisted . for my daughter, and it is spent wisely

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

And you only clapped about it, and never challenged it. Just like all the other "Men" on this thread. I am disappointed. But I understand that many good men would avoid this thread, and therefore they won't see you all let this pass uncontested and call you on it.

Aeons.........

Really, you have lumped ALL men together,with posts like this. Do you even know how hard it is for a "MAN" to get his kids in a court proceeding? Do you "know" what kind of hoops it takes? Do you "know" the percentage? I am a good man,that wont back down for the sake of my children,or even yours. Your posts are heavily one-sided,trying desperately to provoke "men" into some sort of p!$$ing contest. You are NOT the savior of women,and you actually have made most of the men,who go through the battle of paying child-support,even angrier.Obviously,this is what you wanted. You know the system is broken,but you continue to bait those with feminist dogma.Shame on you. I dont know any child-killing man,typing away,from his cozy confine of a correction facility, willing to argue your baseless dogma,that you put out as facts.The men here are looking for answers.Either give some,that are helpful,and not critical,or stop posting please.Thank you.

thats great!!! I know alot of moms that suck at it and dads that are willing to do the job but the moms like the mony and the dad cant aford a lawer becouse of the child suport... thare is so many moms that have 5 kids with diffrent dads and all the child suport and welfare live way better than me doing nothing just takeing care of kids, and I work my but off working and takeing care of kids. slam me if you want but it happens way more than you could imagine!!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan

it can go both ways thow, my wife has a kid and I allways told her to give his dad joint custady no child suport wicth has been the case for years and now he takes my step son 1 maybe 2 nights a month maybe give here 20 bucks a month, I would feel like the bigest loser doing that as i had 3 kids being single and had joint custady i found my own babysitters so i could go to work evry day on top of paying child suport but i still tell her not to go to the freind of the court as hard as that is as we could really use the money that place is just rong.

Once a man has acknowledged paternity, has gotten his parental rights, then obviously, he is also laying claim to half the responsibility from that point forward. Even in cases where the parents were married and then divorced, I see that as grounds for mandatory child support payments (but with accountability)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

The fact is that most of "us" were disagreeing until you came along, and trying to hash out reasonable solutions. Now we all agree that you are a troll.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Child support MUST go both ways. After all, the child/ren are 50% his and 50% hers. It is for the sake of the child/ren. No exceptions.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join