It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Human Being aren't Accidents, nor are they cars, or property. They have Human Rights, in and of themselves, inalienable.

I was an accident, and so are a lot of people who don't even realize it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by Annee

Really makes no difference anyway. Even if "most" guys were losers, it still does not absolve the woman of her own responsibility in selecting what she puts in her body.

Bit one sided - don't you think?

It takes two.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I have been. What I've brought up about the Threat Of Force/Murder/Assault as a political tool being used on this thread is absolutely pertinent.

I have no particular love of a specific system. I expect a bureaucratic system to work, and if it doesn't for it to be fixed. When it is not fixed, there is a reason for it, and generally the people with the power to fix it isn't your ex. And the guys that aren't fixing the problem are not fixing it for a reason, and that reason has nothing to do with women.

The men on this thread are NOT all men. I will not allow this idea of men shirking off parental support to stand, nor the political threats to stand unchallenged.

People who are genuinely having a problem with the system have to realize that attacking WOMEN isn't going to fix it for you. If you want to fix your problem, direct your venom to the correct enemy. The enemy in this case then would be regulations which are inconsistent and illogical, and being kept that way by those making those regulations.

Now soldier, turn around and face the correct battlefield and wade in.
edit on 2011/6/2 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Really makes no difference anyway. Even if "most" guys were losers, it still does not absolve the woman of her own responsibility in selecting what she puts in her body.

Bit one sided - don't you think?

It takes two.

It takes two in New Jersey to put gas in the gas tank. does that make the pump attendant responsible for your DWI?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

No one is attacking women. YOU are attacking men. And specifically, you have spent the last five pages or so attacking me without cause or justification, twisting everything I said at all to fit your agenda.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

No one is attacking women. YOU are attacking men. And specifically, you have spent the last five pages or so attacking me without cause or justification, twisting everything I said at all to fit your agenda.

Not once. I have a man who reads my posts over my shoulder. I have no will to ever assault him that way.

However, he knows that the men on this thread are not all men, and he knows that he has no fraternity with the likes. Therefore, is happy to watch while you try over and over again to promote yourself to Speaker For All Men, and knows it to be the lie it is.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Not once. I have a man who reads my posts over my shoulder. I have no will to ever assault him that way.

However, he knows that the men on this thread are not all men, and he knows that he has no fraternity with the likes. Therefore, is happy to watch while you try over and over again to promote yourself to Speaker For All Men, and knows it to be the lie it is.

Go to bed. We have had quite enough of your Tomfoolery.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I don't support women killing their children either. Their gender is unimportant. Their reasons often differ depending on their gender.

Women don't usually kill their spouse and children. And when they do it they don't do it over money very often.

Unlike male Family Annihilators, who kill their spouse and children and do it over money very often.

Which is the basis of this conversation, and numerous men in it have brought up the guys who kill their families in this one and in the abortion thread by the same OP. Money, and children and guys who get why men might snap about these two subjects appears to be something that few guys are willing to challenge their fellows on.

ok psycho person, ONE person brought it up and he did not condone anything. he merely stated how he understood how much stress can be accumulated and a person just pop.
you are a hair splitting troublemaker. this thread is not about you or your silly misguided crusade against all penises.

this thread is not about men v women. as much as you seem to want it to be so. in fact this is a mans issue and your viewpoint is irrelevant to the thread entirely.

if i had the power i would boot you from my thread. perhaps you should go back the 35 odd pages and count up your 2 stars to see that you are alone in your view. and you are mistaken in your accusations.

you are a troll and should be banned from the site.
edit on 2-6-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm happy to be judged based on the character, ethics and qualities of my enemies. I can think of no better scale that I could be measured against.

link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Only in a discussion about child support payments, there weren't multiple women bringing up the possibility that if you don't pay some women might kill their children or their ex in frustration.

That's quite relevant, while the statistics that women kill their husbands slightly less often then men will their wives isn't. However, the REASON why the women kill their husbands and the reason why the men kill their wives be somewhat illuminating in a different discussion.

the only person who said that on this thread is you ...

link   
Once again now, trying to submit effective suggestions, I suggest that NO ONE pay support to anyone else if they are both equally culpable.

If the courts award custody to either the mother or the father, that is relatively arbitrary choice that should have no bearing on culpability.

If we are both equally responsible for an accident, should you have to pay for my nursing home simply because a judge ruled I was unfit to work any longer as the result of my injuries? No. If you lost your job as the result of not having a car, and I did not, so I have to pay to support you if we were both equally at fault in the accident? No.

Now having said that. I do see cases where men SHOULD indeed be held liable for support. But not as a general rule by default.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I'm happy to be judged based on the character, ethics and qualities of my enemies. I can think of no better scale that I could be measured against.

Your enemies are imagined. I have no quarrel with you, only your despicable tactics.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

reply to post by sonnny1

Only in a discussion about child support payments, there weren't multiple women bringing up the possibility that if you don't pay some women might kill their children or their ex in frustration.

That's quite relevant, while the statistics that women kill their husbands slightly less often then men will their wives isn't. However, the REASON why the women kill their husbands and the reason why the men kill their wives be somewhat illuminating in a different discussion.

And you only clapped about it, and never challenged it. Just like all the other "Men" on this thread. I am disappointed. But I understand that many good men would avoid this thread, and therefore they won't see you all let this pass uncontested and call you on it.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I was told I was acsident, my mom was on the pill and still had me it happens. none of my kids were planed but im one of the best dads ever. on a avrge night its normal for thare to be 10 kids playing in my back yard with my kids. ages 6 to 14 but I know ware my kids are and what thay are doing so I dont complain.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Most of the women that I know who are fully independent, would not even CONSIDER taking money from a man that did not want to be a part of the children's lives. In fact, the most genuine women I know of some means, would MUCH prefer the man's interaction over a token monetary amount each week.

So in that vain, we can see that the true problem is NOT economic culpability of the father (or mother) but the lack of resources a the disposal of a custodial parent of insufficient means. In other words, it is not the man's fault that you are broke ladies. Wake up and realize who the TRUE enemy is. The same enemy that broke your family apart in the first place. The agenda.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

reply to post by sonnny1

And you only clapped about it, and never challenged it. Just like all the other "Men" on this thread. I am disappointed. But I understand that many good men would avoid this thread, and therefore they won't see you all let this pass uncontested and call you on it.

lady i did not have to say a thing to come to your rescue. how many times do you need to put your foot in your mouth before you taste leather?
you are the one that misconstrued what was said You are the one that turned a civil discussion into a sexist tirade.

You deserve all the frustration you get for those avoidable mistakes. You are responsible for your own body, that includes those fingers typing so angrily.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Typical feminist tactic to attempt emasculation in order to prop up her own untenable position and resentment over the fact that she does not have a penis.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by slayerfan

I was an accident, but my parents were married. So Even though they didn't plan on me right then, they knew the risks and were prepared to act accordingly.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Typical feminist tactic to attempt emasculation in order to prop up her own untenable position and resentment over the fact that she does not have a penis.

problem is she started it by twisting your words, so the only one that's feeling emasculated is her. lol i have read every post on this thread some more than once, for her sake i hope she goes back with an open mind and re reads so she can calm down....goosfraba

I also was an accident...so where all 5 of my sisters...and all 3 of my children.

edit on 3-6-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Aeons.........

Really, you have lumped ALL men together,with posts like this. Do you even know how hard it is for a "MAN" to get his kids in a court proceeding? Do you "know" what kind of hoops it takes? Do you "know" the percentage? I am a good man,that wont back down for the sake of my children,or even yours. Your posts are heavily one-sided,trying desperately to provoke "men" into some sort of p!$$ing contest. You are NOT the savior of women,and you actually have made most of the men,who go through the battle of paying child-support,even angrier.Obviously,this is what you wanted. You know the system is broken,but you continue to bait those with feminist dogma.Shame on you. I dont know any child-killing man,typing away,from his cozy confine of a correction facility, willing to argue your baseless dogma,that you put out as facts.The men here are looking for answers.Either give some,that are helpful,and not critical,or stop posting please.Thank you.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join