It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I have some experience with deadbeat dads. Although my own father died when I was five, my mother had some unfortunate relationships afterwards. And, the siblings that resulted had these problems as well.
But, the funny thing, or not so funny thing, is the kids of the father that died are STILL married to the same person. That is five children, all married more than twenty years to the same spouse.
Then there are the four others by different dads. All girls, and the story is much different. In fact, we just met two of them within the last year or so because they were adopted out at the hospital.
This issue is not black and white. The most important thing is FAMILY. NOT child support.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I know the answer to men having to pay a lot of child support to many women!

Stop making so many babies with different women. Have one or two children and snip it. And if you are going to decide to breed, also decide to really commit to the marriage and you will only have to support ONE family, not two or three.

Life should be hard for people who have lots of kids. We dont need lots of babies, the world has too many people as it is, and people who choose to overbreed should have consequences for it.

I know it seems mean, but thats how I really feel about it. Stop pumping out tons of babies. Have one or two, and treasure them. Raise them well. Invest a lot of time and care into making them really good people. Dont spit out 10 and just hope one or two makes it.

Here's a novel idea ladies, don't get pregnant by deadbeats.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
What gives parents the idea that it is ok to separate or conceive children without a shared household?

My solution is... Completely stay out of it, or take complete control.

You make the commitment to raise children, and you fold on that commitment....BOOM...JAIL!!!!

you knock a chick up and take off without marrying her...BOOM....JAlL!!!!

Problem fixed.... Family unit now protected.

You leave your husband, Marry another dude, make ex husband continue paying....BOOM....EXTORTION....BOOM....EXECUTION.

BOOM....BOOM....BOOM!!!!
edit on 2-6-2011 by tom goose because: add a few more booms

I don't know if that is really practical, especially in this day and age. But I do like the logic of your reasoning.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by tom goose

There are places just like that in the World.

I suggest that you go look at how great those places are. The results speak for themselves.

Yeah, 2 million fewer abortions every year.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

here's a more novel idea gals, just don't have sex, unless you are sure you want the child and that there will be future stability.....
no, birth control isn't 100% reliable, better just not to have the sex. bet if every women took this advice, the men would be changing their tune real quick!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Here is a more novel idea, men keep your penises in your pants.

link   

My wife decided not to have sex a while back, but, hey, maybe that is why I am here on ATS....

link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Daedal

You go ahead and look for those sites that list deadbeat parents, and you'll find both genders. It just happens that the guys rack up bigger bar tabs.

Nice big post about how you are oppressed by women and children. Victims of your own penises apparently.
edit on 2011/6/2 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

Oh, poor women, can't get the man to pay. Victims of their own vaginas apparently.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

It seems to me this thread is men, whining about having too many babies and having to pay for them. Started by men, whining about having too many babies and having to pay for them.

So how you can pin this one women is beyond me.

MEN who dont want to pay child support should either keep their penises in their pants, get snipped, or stay with the mother of their child(ren) til its all said and done. Or pay their child support and shut up.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

It is interesting how so many fathers are barred from being fathers, from interacting with their kids, simply becasue they didn't pay money. I think there would be a lot more fathers out there offering to help in any way they could, being closer to their kids, if the threat of jail and being called a deadbeat wasn't looming over their head at every turn.

Quite a few fathers out of work in the past few years, through no fault of their own, and now s a result, a lot of kids left without a father at all. No one to take them to the park, no one to teach them how to drive a car. All because Dad is no classified as a deadbeat.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

Originally posted by Komodo
Dads Against Discrimination

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

here's a more novel idea gals, just don't have sex, unless you are sure you want the child and that there will be future stability.....
no, birth control isn't 100% reliable, better just not to have the sex. bet if every women took this advice, the men would be changing their tune real quick!!!

I would like to see women thinking more along those lines that's for sure. Though abstinence is a failed police and can even be physically and psychologically dangerous long term, I think we as a society have gone too far around the bend condoning risky and meaningless sexual encounters.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Here is a more novel idea, men keep your penises in your pants.

I don't see a rash of men raping women to get them pregnant.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

Yeah - that sentiment.

Women have been blamed for having unwanted pregnancies since the beginning of time. It's their fault because they picked the wrong man. Not the man's fault - - but the woman's for making a wrong choice.

So this is what I have to say to all the whiny men complaining about child support. If you can't work together for the sake of your children - - both doing your part - - then its your fault for picking the wrong woman.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

It seems to me this thread is men, whining about having too many babies and having to pay for them. Started by men, whining about having too many babies and having to pay for them.

So how you can pin this one women is beyond me.

MEN who dont want to pay child support should either keep their penises in their pants, get snipped, or stay with the mother of their child(ren) til its all said and done. Or pay their child support and shut up.

Okay, from now on women cannot leave the man and must cohabitate with him under his roof, eating what he provides. If she leaves, tough luck for her, and she cannot take the kids.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
All this crap really is doing is keeping people down. It's come to the point, that if you are part of my generation or younger, it would be a illogical decision to choose to have marry, let alone have children....

Women are brainwashed into having the big "look at me" day, unless you are rich, what a waste of money. So it starts off with huge debt from the getgo. It's all a setup, meant to keep us all bobbing up and down on the poverty line plain and simple.

Young people, take my advice... Do not get married, and if you decide to live together, keep your own accounts. Both work, both pay 50% of the living expenses. If things go sour, that will save everyone a lot of trouble and money. If you have any sense you will be putting money away for a rainy day, not buying worthless trinkets like Iphones. If things go sour, easy split, you have money for a deposit on another place right away. No sob stories, no excuses about having to stay because you have no place to go.

I don't see how anyone would want to bring children into this ratmaze of a life we have now.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Yeah - that sentiment.

Women have been blamed for having unwanted pregnancies since the beginning of time. It's their fault because they picked the wrong man. Not the man's fault - - but the woman's for making a wrong choice.

So this is what I have to say to all the whiny men complaining about child support. If you can't work together for the sake of your children - - both doing your part - - then its your fault for picking the wrong woman.

More of the typical "I know you are but what am ?" responses.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

Originally posted by Komodo
Dads Against Discrimination

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

my beef isn't with my ex and it isn't with you my ex had no say in the amount of my support. she wasn't even interviewed.

my beef is with the outrageous obviously severely flawed formulas they use to calculate it then they tax it too.

in my case she walked out on me ..for 4 men and 1 woman. i was the faithful good spouse not the bad apple. stop paining us all with the same brush

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I don't see a rash of men raping women to get them pregnant.

I dont see a rash of women raping men to get their paychecks either.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join