It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

My son has joint custody.............so far he doesn't have a physical address or phone number where he can reach his child.

My ex daughter in law has smashed both cell phones the court awarded our grand daughter to call her father and us.

And on and on and on it goes.

The divorce system sucks big time.

Very pro women and anti male...............at least in Illinois.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Annee
Yeah - - cuz most men don't want the full time responsibility of raising the kids.
I do admire the few that do.

most men are NOT given the choice.
and the mother fights against it
cuz it is her intention to make
a living out of child support
and not work.

now, who's the dead beat ???

It is your own gender that has screwed you over - - by their irresponsibility and doing everything they can to deny their children.

Love the clichés - - - that the best you can do?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
not to leave out a valid point another
poster pointed out.

A father does NOT pay his child support
directly to the mother. It is paid to the
county or state and then paid later to
the mother. The county or state draws
interest off that child support money.
Not to negate the fact that the mother
can now sit on her @r$e and draw a
monthly check and NOT have to pay
ANY taxes on it. Nor does she have to
file it as income.

Child support exists today clearly as a
money making ponzi scheme.
Ponzi schemes are illegal.

Just ask Bernie Madoff

Child support laws turn mothers and kids
into state sponsored money making
schemes. No different than a speed
trap on the highway to generate income.

edit on 6/1/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I fought for ALL three of my kids in court,and I have custody of them ALL. Money spent,that could have gone to my children's college funds,or braces,or food,and clothing. All spent because my kids deserved a real life,with love.The courts agreed. The mothers PAY NO CHILD SUPPORT. WHY? Because I refuse to put them where they put me. Eating beans for years,homeless,penniless. I also let them see their kids. Why? because its the RIGHT thing to do.
Parenting and love,are unconditional.Raising children comes with sacrifices.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The Income Tax Act currently requires parents receiving child support to include the support payments in their taxable income, and provides a tax deduction to child support payers for the payments they make. The Task Group on the Taxation of Child Support and the Federal/Provincial/Territorial Family Law Committee have found that these rules make it harder to set fair and realistic child support awards

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Good post, at least you understand.

I could never understand any of your statement until I had to actually live through "the ex daughter in law from hell"..................people think they are apathetic but if they actually don't go through this %&$#% they haven't a clue.

You young single men out there..............be very very cautious with who you mess around with.

Having a child with someone means that they have got you financially and socially by the throat for 18 years.....that is almost two decades.

Take it slow.

1) If you're going to &*%&^ make sure you use birth control, don't take her word for it. Be safe.
2) Get to know her, how does she treat her enemies, the people on her poop list?
3) Looks aren't important, you can always see a plastic surgeon.............is she nice, does she play fair, is she able to compromise or is she a spoiled princess? If the latter, run as far and as fast as you can because she will make your life a living hell.
4) Live togeather for at least two years to make sure your compatable.
5) If you marry, make sure your marriage and jobs are stable enough and you have enough money to bring a baby into this messed up world..........don't add one more messed up, confused, shattered individual to the mix, we have enough messed up people already.

Be logical, think don't let your passion run amok...............I tried to warn my oldest son, he couldn't listen. I saw this coming a mile off.

edit on 1-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

1) You probably do not live in Illinois
2) You got a really good lawyer

Glad to hear you got a fair deal............my grand daugher and son didn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

The Income Tax Act currently requires parents receiving child support to include the support payments in their taxable income, and provides a tax deduction to child support payers for the payments they make.

conflicting data

Income Tax Law
How are alimony and child support payments taxed?

Child support payments are neither deductible nor income to the recipient.

law.freeadvice.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Well,if you want those rights,you might just have to "pour away",like you said unfortunately......

I did. Money becomes NO OBJECT,when it comes to the people you love. I would have given a kidney to make sure my kids are safe,and well. I also have to say,My faith helped me through the whole ordeal also. I will pray that you have better results in the near future.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

No, not only women know how to raise a child.

My ex daughter in law was raised by her father, her mother abandon her at four...........she has no comprehension of what unconditional love is.

My son on the other hand was raised by both my husband and I and we were both excellent parents, we showed him (he has said) what real love is all about.

Do not generalize by gender, that is prejudice and why the system is now failing.

What you stated, was maybe true a hundred, fifty years ago, not today.

Today, many men I have met would be a better choice for the child vs the mother because in our society it is now "cute" to be a spoiled self centered princess.

Look at the shows on TV, Bridezillas, hours and hours and hours devoted to wedding cakes of all stupid frap.

You must never judge someone based on their gender that is prejudicism.

My son was the better parent compared to my daughter in law...............he had a good role model, while I was a very good mother my husband was every bit as good as I was.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Youre right Boon. I was thinking Canada.

I have to say,I met so many Fathers going through this,in my Fathers Advocacy groups,and have sooo much info,you would be surprised. Like you said,and I know firsthand.....its all a money making racket.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
not to leave out a valid point another
poster pointed out.

A father does NOT pay his child support
directly to the mother. It is paid to the
county or state and then paid later to
the mother. The county or state draws
interest off that child support money.
Not to negate the fact that the mother
can now sit on her @r$e and draw a
monthly check and NOT have to pay
ANY taxes on it. Nor does she have to
file it as income.

Child support exists today clearly as a
money making ponzi scheme.
Ponzi schemes are illegal.

Just ask Bernie Madoff

Child support laws turn mothers and kids
into state sponsored money making
schemes. No different than a speed
trap on the highway to generate income.

edit on 6/1/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

The state also encourages dissent between parents. Even amicable divorces most often turn very sour. two decades after my parents divorced, we are just now learning that the state bilked over $15,000 that was meant to be for me and my brother. Not to mention all of the meanness and hatred we were exposed to between my parents fostered by the state literally stealing the support checks. My mother thought my father was not paying, my father thought my mother was nuts and money-hungry. Meanwhile, my brother and I were literally left to starve and turned to crime in our teens just to buy food and heat the house.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Annee

I fought for ALL three of my kids in court,and I have custody of them ALL.

Good for you. I know several men who have won full custody of their kids.

It still doesn't change the fact - - the number of women who receive nothing. Who are abandoned to deal with everything on their own. Which far out numbers women misusing child support.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
it is a despicable shame that the county
and state governments use the children
as victims so they can make an income.
The children suffer the most, God bless them.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It is a sick racket, heavily abused by ex-wives who lay up or stay under employed. It teaches men to hate the state.

I am supposed to pay $2k/month for my two kids. I have them 40% of the time, she has them 60%. But I lost my job last fall and have been on unemployment since then, with a brief 1.5 month exception. My unemployment is less than $1000 month. I have filed chapter 7 bankruptcy. My ex-forced two foreclosures (and she lives free in one of them until the bank takes it...over a year so far of her living for free). Can you see the math even if I could pay? Right now I can't pay anything. My unemployment is less than is required to survive and my kids are not better off if I am dead, homeless or whatever.

I've been trying since I lost my job to get the support modified through the legal route, acting as my own attorney because I can't afford one. It's June, no change yet. At this point I get some sort of letter about 3 times a month from the feds, the state or the county. My unfixable debt is piling up at the rate of $2k a month. Do the simple math. But it gets worse, because the feds are about to revoke my passport and the state is threatening to suspend my drivers license. It is hard enough trying to find a job now that my credit is wrecked. But now I can't do international business travel, so X off tons more potential employers. Oh, and I can't drive soon, so X off pretty much everything else.

Screw the system. It forces a literal life or death struggle. I can't sleep with the stress (it is 2:45 AM now). It leads me to wish and fantasize that my wretched ex wide would die in a crash or other accident. She is a lousy mother anyway, refusing to let them play any sports, screaming at them (she was on depression meds years ago, but stopped so she is manic and prone to breakdown) they get to my house filthy and nails as long a claws, hair unbrushed. Last year she was so broke down my kidds missed 16 days of school in 2 months; the judge did not care ("If it's a problem I'll hear from the state," he told me)I could go on and on. No one lecture me about getting a lawyer or social services. A- there is no money, B- no one cares or believes a father against a mother.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
the way i see it your paying equally ; if you decided to pay child support or accept a life of servitude to your family under the same roof. i disagree with the notion that a man is accepted to be the foundation of a family unit with a single woman; a community is necessary, a bond is between man and woman to procreate: but the responsibility to bare a child is the womans and to raise the child her communities. as a man i see my responsibilities in this regard being; picking a proper woman and providing for the bond that is to take place with utmost respect. in a culture where there is no respect for the duties of man because mans duties are defined; child support, seems like a good thing.

there is no answer; because the judicial system that is predicated on laws that are not biblical are against the foundation of morals. it is morally bankrupt to conclude that a community is not responsible for the raising of a child, it is a crime to impose on a man the responsibility of sole governship of a child he creates.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
The state also encourages dissent between parents.

Are you for real?

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I gross $70K a year. After medical insurance, taxes, and child support I net $400 a week. She makes $50K a year before my child support bolsters her net an additional $27K a year, TAX FREE. Which is equivalnet to an almost $40K a year job. So in essence her standard of living is equivalent to that of someone grossing $90K a year. I sometimes have trouble affording gas in my car, and beans on the plate. If all the money was completely spent on my children I wouldn't have a problem. As I said before Kohl's appreciates me staying current on my chiId support very much. But... $27K a year is an insignificant joke. Would you care to compensate for that? Being such a pittance it should be too troubling eh? Can I expect a cashier's check or a money order?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

My job was outsourced to India and it is highly unlikely at my age I will be re-employed. Yes there is age discrimination in the workplace.

My husband will be 67 on June 3rd. He is still working and while he makes good money, he had a aorta valve replacement four years ago.

We have two mortgages, almost paid off but not yet.

My oldest son is ADHD and my younger two are functioning autistic

We have already spent tens of thousands of dollars and all of the lawyers we have conferred with say that Illinois is a backward state, a state that still adheres to woman being the poor victim.

My grand daughter and I have talked and she has told me she is well aware of the games her mother is playing and my ex daughter in law is hanging herself, give her enough rope and the day will come.

No, we have two lawyers in the family as well and Grandparents have little or no rights.

If you are in Illinois u2u me your lawyer............we have been to several including the one that wrote "Father's Rights" in Chicago and he screwed up my son's joint custody the worse.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Binder
reply to post by Annee

I gross $70K a year. After medical insurance, taxes, and child support I net $400 a week. She makes $50K a year before my child support bolsters her net an additional $27K a year

So what.

It is your child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join