It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Thanks for sharing that. It is nice to see that there is others out there who care more for the best interest of their children than spending all their time bickering over the petty things. It is rare to find anymore. It seems most are looking out for themselves and don't stop to think about how they are affecting their children.

edit on 2-6-2011 by stargate73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Mate.....if I was a a man I'd want my woman at home and not at work so I could come home to a loving happy wife, roudy kids at the door waiting for me, reasonably clean house and good home cooked meals ready on the table. Anything after that is a bonus!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

That has been a big issue here lately locally. A whole string of domestic violence murders. One wound up in a shootout at the train station that got a cop killed in the middle of a murder suicide. Every single one of these murders had a lowest common denominator of financial hardship.

In one case, over who got the family car. In another, because the wife wouldn't give the guy his unemployment paperwork when he got out of jail. In yet another case, over who was going to pay for a Power Rangers toy for a step child.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WordPlayJAy
Condoms, unless you are ready to have a child.

The pill, unless you are ready to have a child.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Okay....everyone's situation is different for sure. Time heals all wounds. Sometimes I think when people make choices they often times don't think about the consequences. Unfortunately, the system is set up with a set formula. It doesn't offer flexibility. I wonder how people can love each other so crazy one minute and then hate each other so crazy the next minute? And then the kids are stuck in the middle wondering WTH? and shaking their poor little heads.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I'm curious.

Do you actually have children?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Mate.....if I was a a man I'd want my woman at home and not at work so I could come home to a loving happy wife, roudy kids at the door waiting for me, reasonably clean house and good home cooked meals ready on the table. Anything after that is a bonus!

Okay, and? So did he. But SHE wanted the damn house they couldn't afford, and promised that she would work to make up for the shortfall in the finances that it would create. Not to mention all the other unrealistic notions of economics that she had.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Abstinance I agree with. Here's my motto I taught my kids......if she's good enough to sleep with, she's good enough to marry! Choose wisely my sons!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I'm curious.

Do you actually have children?

Not now, no. I did have.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
61% of all child abuse is committed by biological mothers
25% of all child abuse is committed by natural fathers
Statistical Source: Current DHHS report on nationwide Child Abuse

79.6% of custodial mothers receive a support award
29.9% of custodial fathers receive a support award

46.9% of non-custodial mothers totally default on support
26.9% of non-custodial fathers totally default on support

20.0% of non-custodial mothers pay support at some level
61.0% of non-custodial fathers pay support at some level

66.2% of single custodial mothers work less than full-time
10.2% of single custodial fathers work less than full-time

7.0% of single custodial mothers work more than 44 hours weekly
24.5% of single custodial fathers work more than 44 hours weekly

46.2% of single custodial mothers receive public assistance
20.8% of single custodial fathers receive public assistance
Statistical Source: Technical Analysis Paper No. 42 - U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services - Office of Income Security Policy

90.2% of fathers with joint custody pay all the support due
79.1% of fathers with visitation privileges pay all the support due
44.5% of fathers with no visitation pay all the support due
37.9% of fathers are denied any visitation
66.0% of all support not paid by non-custodial fathers is due to inability to pay
Statistical Source: 1988 Census "Child Support and Alimony: 1989 Series P-60, No. 173 p. 6-7. and U.S. General Accounting Office Report" GAO/HRD-92-39FS January, 1992

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Well, more fool him! FACT is.....he signed on the dotted line therefore he is responsible. I doubt she put a gun to his head in the bank manager's office! What the hell is wrong with saying NO these days or taking full responsibility for your own actions???

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There are no hard times excuses for deadbeat parents,who cares how many part time jobs you need to get flipping burgers to feed your children,are you deadbeats retarded,YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE ISSUES ended at ovulation or ejactulation.

This is why jail is the only option,these children have no voice.

No you dont get to decide who your ex sleeps with after you are gone,and yes you still have to pay ALL OF THE MONEY AND GET NO HONEY.

You had your honey,REMEMBER?

Yes you need to go hungry and take public transportation and not buy new clothes,but for christs sakes dont cry any BS stories here,YOU HAVE MADE NO SACRIFICE.

it is your poor children who are sacrificing the most important years of their lives SUFFERING HARDSHIP because of your inadequacies and laziness and bitterness.

I personally have been lucky enough to spend nine years of my life sharing some of these hardships with two absolutely outstanding young men,who come from deadbeat fathers and who have a mother that chose to excaberate the problem by playing the old DONT CHASE AND HARASS HIM AT ALL---GO TO WORK AT TWO JOBS AND HOPE THAT SOMEDAY IF YOU LEAVE HIM ALONE HE WILL NOT BE TO BITTER AND HE MIGHT EVENTUALLY HELP THE CHILDREN.

The decisions a desperate mother may make that are questionable are THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE DEADBEAT PARTNER---equally---all the time.

Pay for your children and dont force your kids and your ex into a desperate situation so you can sit back and pretend that all of the little failures and hardships her and the kids go through ARE ALL HER FAULT BECAUSE SHE WAS SOMEHOW STUPID WHEN YOU MET HER AND ITS ONLY BECAUSE SHE ISNT WITH YOU THAT HER AND THE KIDS ARE SUFFERING.

And remember this,men and women like myself are doing our best to ERASE you deadbeats from youEY DONT FEELr childrens memories USING KINDNESS AND LOVE ,and praying that your children can find a way to disassociate from you enough to save a little of their own self esteem and self worth---BEFORE YOU DESTROY THEM AS YOU HAVE DESTROYED YOUR OWN SENSE OF SELFWORTH.

Thats right ,the people that love them are not going to hurt them but we will do our best to eliminate you from their lives.

I have never said a bad word to my friends about their deadbeat dads,I love them to much to force them to question themselves in that way-----they are not their fathers and never will be.They are their own men,and will always be given a perspective of their world from me that will allow them to see that THEY COULD NEVER BE WEAK ENOUGH TO BECOME DEADBEAT DADS BECAUSE I TEACH THEM THAT THEY CHOOSE THEIR OWN PATH IN LIFE AND THAT THERE IS NO OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE TO A GOOD MAN TO PASS THE BUCK WHEN IT COMES TO CARING FOR AND PROTECTING WOMEN AND CHILDREN.

If you sleep in a bed for one night and your children dont you are scum,if you eat for one meal in your entire life and those children you forced into this world dont eat you are scum,if you wear clean clothes and shoes and your children EVER dont you are scum,if you have acess to medical care and insurance and your children dont you are scum,and finally IF YOU HAVE ANY ONE SINGLE THING FROM THAT LIST AND YOUR CHILDREN ARE MISSING ANY SINGLE THING ON THAT LIST YOU NEED TO BE IN PRISON AND WORKING YOUR SKIN OFF FOR MINIMUM WAGES TO REPAY THE WORLD FOR TAKING CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN WHEN YOU YOURSELF CHOOSE NOT TO.

Dont try to elude the truth ,every single one of you deadbeats values yourselves above your own children,you better pray this world stays as confused as it is because if I ever get a vote you people are the first ones I will come for.

You people are the reason our world is so screwed up,specifically you people becaus you are the ones starving children in a modernised country,ina a place where no one notices,you force your own children into a dark crack in the system where they are absolutely helpless.

Do you know how many children in the us and canada and every other developed nation go to bed hungry,and dont have proper clothes and medicines----millions---and do you know how damaging it is to allow a situation to happen where half the people in a country send their money overseas to help starving children in africa when there are children starving next door.

You see you scumbags hide your dirty work,but many of us still see you for what you are,because there is very minimal media coverage of these atrocities you continue to commit crimes against your own kids.

But on the upside at least you arent around the poor kids teaching them what real losers are like.

Excuses dont fill stomachs and lies and unfulfilled promises dont keep little feet warm.

There is nowhere to hide and no excuses acceptable,enjoy what little time you have left to abuse other human beings scum ,you have no right to abuse a human not by birth and not in any way,I say go to central america like all the politicians and crooked dictators who are afraid of the TRUTHS THE INTERNET IS BRINGING TO HUMANITY.

It wont be long until we have a global humanitarian bill of human rights enforced globally by a one world government,THEN YOU COWARDS WE WILL COME FOR YOU ENFORCE AND WE WILL JAIL YOU AND FORCE YOU INTO HAEDER LABOR THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

you're a girl!!?

lol, right! thanks for the laugh!

i want to go postal in the subway on some of these roudy kids, in 5 mins, let alone leave my wife with them for 24hrs a day!

i'd be afraid to go to sleep! lol!

let alone eat! i'd get myself checked for heavy metal poisioning every week!
edit on 2-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Abstinance I agree with. Here's my motto I taught my kids......if she's good enough to sleep with, she's good enough to marry! Choose wisely my sons!

A good idea in theory. But abstinence is not the total answer either. What if the man IS ready to marry her, and she refuses? Seen that happen more than once. Couple living together for a year or two, she winds up pregnant and leaves.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I don't believe we should be blaming the government for this. Remember who ROOTED the situation of divorce, child abandonment, etc... The PEOPLE/PARENTS that abused common decency and caused the government to step in and enforce parents to support their ex-spouse.

It is in human nature to seek to abuse a system when it is already working for them.

Government is bad, but people are even worse, our species is a disgrace, a disease.

Oh no, I don't buy that for a second, Your logic is the reason kids are being molested at airports now.

Uhh that is completely off topic.

There are posters in this thread blaming the government for setting and enforcing silly regulations for child-support/alimony and what have you. It isn't the government's fault entirely but the people who have abused moral values for their own benefits leaving victims behind and forcing people to band together and give the government pressure to regulate and protect them.

We have examples of fine parenting in this thread but not every person on this world can follow that example, mainly it has to do with environmental circumstance and education.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Very true but lets remember that Annee is gay and therefore has given up her right to have any opinion on this manner as she has sworn off "breeding".

I'm gay? I didn't know that.

A better label for me would be Cougar. Just celebrated 22nd wedding anniversary to my "stud muffin" 21 years younger then me.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Well, more fool him! FACT is.....he signed on the dotted line therefore he is responsible. I doubt she put a gun to his head in the bank manager's office! What the hell is wrong with saying NO these days or taking full responsibility for your own actions???

Hindsight is always 20/20. Not everyone is as perfect as you. He was trying to make his wife happy. The guy got played, and you want to sit here and kick him for it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Helious
Very true but lets remember that Annee is gay and therefore has given up her right to have any opinion on this manner as she has sworn off "breeding".

I'm gay? I didn't know that.

A better label for me would be Cougar. Just celebrated 22nd wedding anniversary to my "stud muffin" 21 years younger then me.

Star for you!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRR......................

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Kids are kids........especially noisy happy kids.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

I don't believe we should be blaming the government for this. Remember who ROOTED the situation of divorce, child abandonment, etc... The PEOPLE/PARENTS that abused common decency and caused the government to step in and enforce parents to support their ex-spouse.

It is in human nature to seek to abuse a system when it is already working for them.

Government is bad, but people are even worse, our species is a disgrace, a disease.

Oh no, I don't buy that for a second, Your logic is the reason kids are being molested at airports now.

Uhh that is completely off topic.

There are posters in this thread blaming the government for setting and enforcing silly regulations for child-support/alimony and what have you. It isn't the government's fault entirely but the people who have abused moral values for their own benefits leaving victims behind and forcing people to band together and give the government pressure to regulate and protect them.

We have examples of fine parenting in this thread but not every person on this world can follow that example, mainly it has to do with environmental circumstance and education.

My point was that we don't need the government regulating our lives, And the supposed "need" for it is BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join