It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Briefly, we all agree that the system is screwed up. In my own case I fought very hard for full custody of my children. Even with overwhelming evidence of abuse on behalf of the childrens mother she still got primary custody. Not to mention the house all my personal prooperty and child support.

The answer is simple and though I have not read all 100 pages I did not see it in the first 30 pages I did read.

Child support is nothing less than discrimination towards men. The facts are overwhelming and the issue has been proved over and over again in numerous articles and studies.

Until We men stand up for our God given rights they will continue to be trampled upon.

Don't you guys think this discrimination has gone on long enough?

The law should mandate that the Man and the Woman are each entitled to equal time with the children. 50/50 should be the standard.

edit on 29-6-2011 by photobug because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

BS: My ex daughter in law took off with our grand daughter and disappeared for three months............I would consider that kidnapping but hey in the State of Illinois the mother can do this, it a okay.

My son was up on his child support but my ex daughter in law has been in non compliance with "joint custody" (which is a joke here in Kane County, Illinois) for years.

She has stalked his fiance, called, harrassed her and punched out my son in the police parking lot and the police laughed because she is 5' & 100 pounds and my son is 6'2" and 215 pounds.............but if he had simply pushed her away, they would have arrested him don't kid yourself, you are completely CLUELESS.

The laws as they are in most states in America are clearly in favor of the woman.

My grand daughter has begged to talk to the judge but the "system" does not recognize her as a citizen until she is 12......................and the law recognizes her, like a pet, the property of her biological mother.

Well my son's sperm contributed to that beautiful sweet adorable child and he's the one who cared for her and now my ex daughter in law can't figure out why she loves her father and hates her.................my son bonded with her for the first two years of life thats why.

Again you are totally clueless.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

For a 10 year old child to say all those things, as you quoted her say, is down right bloody nonsence. You know it and I know it!

If I was your daughter in law I'd see to it you never step foot on my property let alone spend even one minute with your grandchild! You sound like an annoying interfering old bag! 38 years of marriage....I'm surprised your husband has'nt gone insane by now....or maybe he has and you have'nt noticed? Take it from me....and I'm probably about 2-5 years older than you!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
For a 10 year old child to say all those things, as you quoted her say, is down right bloody nonsence. You know it and I know it!

My 5 year old Son has said very similar things... his Mom makes him miserable and every time he has to go back to her he bawls his eyes out.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by photobug

Fact is it starts 50/50 but the non-custodial fathers flakes out

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Fact is it starts 50/50 but the non-custodial fathers flakes out

Nonsense, 50/50 custody almost never happens (they need to maximize the money transfer to get their matching $$ from the Feds).

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

If I was your daughter in law I'd see to it you never step foot on my property let alone spend even one minute with your grandchild!

Sounds like you and her daughter in law would get along great...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Your link is from the Father's Support Foundation......

hardly a reliable source

try again!!!

give us a Govt source from 2010-2011 !!!!!!!

Your next link re 84% of child support providers are stats from 2002, it's 2011.....HELLOOOOOOO!

You think Gender biased changed in 10 years? Youre out of your mind. Ill find the facts,but its irrelevant anyway. Your stuck on OPINION.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Rubbish. I bet it goes more along the lines of you allow your son to do anything he wants.....whereas the mother has set rules and boundaries!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Originally posted by sonnny1

The U.S. Census Bureau has reported that fathers with joint custody pay 90.2% of all child support ordered; fathers with limited visitation rights pay 79.1%; and 44.5% of those fathers with NO visitation rights still financially support their children.

Your going to need an actual link to the US Census bureau as this is from a father's rights site and the information may not be accurate. Since the site is strictly for fathers trying to short their child support amounts. If a father manages to land himself no visitation, he still needs to support his children.

30% of custodial mothers not receiving child support have never asked for or do not want child support.

So this negates your previous argument that women get divorced so they can simply collect money from men. Because they couldn't do that while married. *eye roll*

25% of custodial mothers do not receive child support because the father is unable to pay.

Which means they have full custody because the father is completely inept.
And probably the reason for the breakdown of the family.

11% of custodial mothers not receiving child support do not have a child support order.

So even when men are not forced by the courts, some still won't pay.

Of ten million custodial mothers ONLY 7% (one out of fourteen) do not receive child support because of a deadbeat dad.

That number is actually ten percent. But I would expect a site that helps fathers shirk their responsibility to change the numbers.

But what exactly is a deadbeat dad? Most people would agree that he is someone who shirks his duty for no good reason. Our data show that 4.5 million nonresident fathers who do not pay child support have no apparent financial reason to avoid this responsibility. None of these fathers are poor. On the other hand, these data also show that 2.5 million nonresident fathers who do not pay child support are poor themselves.

So even men who can pay, won't.

urbaninstitute.com

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

We all know those father's support foundations lie through their teeth and are constantly caught out

Don't ever use their stats again.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Rubbish. I bet it goes more along the lines of you allow your son to do anything he wants.....whereas the mother has set rules and boundaries!

Yes I sure do spoil him... if paying attention to him, talking to him, doing things with him (and not screaming at him constantly and calling him annoying) is spoiling.

Kids actually like boundaries, he has absolutely none with his Mom.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

And your media pieces you used as SOURCE,are actually FACTS? Please.You know nothing of the gender-biased court system. Just another FEMINIST supporting this SYSTEM. Its clear,and obvious.And the survey done,was ACCURATE. If it doesn't fit your agenda,it means nothing right? BTW,you have kids? Have you BEEN through the system? I ask because you would know how it works,if you have.If you havnt,your opinion means nothing to me.Sorry.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Got yourself another feminist to back your trolling.....Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

I don't believe you because it's almost always the other way round. Don't worry, the kid will learn by the time he gets in to real school and his female teachers show him the consequences of what happens when a student breaks the rules and boundaries of the classroom and school!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I don't believe you because it's almost always the other way round.

Ohhh the sexist little troll doesn't believe me... I'm soo sad now!

edit on 29-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It's all to do with COMMON SENSE....I tried to tell you about 100 posts back but like I said, if you can't meet your ex wife half way and negotiate child support, you obviously lack basic communication skills and could'nt negotiate your way out of a fish bowl!

If you were to find middle ground with your ex and be sensiable about it, there would be no need for the Family Court!!!!

Remember? You said so yourself that you should'nt have to pay child support.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I seriously doubt that is the case. I think given the opportunity 99.9% of men would more than welcome an equal amount of time with their children.

Funny how women fought so vigourously for equal rights but they are not willing to give the same to the fathers and their children. It is all about the children! isn't it?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

So if we lived in a world that is truley equal, the pay gaps wouldn't be a problem, and child support should be 50/50.

Oh good grief...

Ok Charlie Brown.

When someone decides to leave the workforce (regardless of the reason) they tend to miss out on promotions etc. etc. etc. and make less when they go back than they would be making if they never left.

This is a sadly predictable statement that I already have crafted a response for, who doesn't have a productive counter argument.
And you probably don't have any responsibility to anybody else.
The best thing for a child when they are young is to stay home and bond with a parent. Not to be stuck in an institutional setting, with strangers and non family members. Not to mention the cost of childcare is extremely expensive and it may have been more then the salary of the person working, so they opt to stay home, and usually choose the person who makes more to keep working.
But by your blaise attitude, we should just stick all children into daycares and what is best for them be damned.

There is no inequality, this is true for both Men and Women.

But either through macho male pride, career investment, or both. And because the women tend to be nurturers, they are more likely to stay at home.

The fact that Women stay home more than Men doesn't mean there is any inequality at play (it just means they choose too).

And why should we live in a society that punishes people for raising their children? The US is already the worst for that, many countries allow paid maternity leave. Why are you advocating the seperation of children from their parents?

Personally I'd love to be a stay at home Dad.

Good thing your not. You advocate institutiosn raising children and that no one should be held responsible for providing for them.

Originally posted by nixie_nox
The courts only interest is in the welfare of the child. The reason women get awarded custody more is because they care fo the children more. It comes down to basic numbers, who took care of the child? What is in the best interest of the child.

That's a good one...

Other then a silly remark followed by a ..., do you have any basis or actual information to counter argue with?

My ex didn't do a damn thing with our kids, literally nothing (she treated them like an annoyance and routinely screamed at them to leave her alone). I tucked them in every night, I read to them, I took them fishing, I gave them their baths, I got them dressed etc. etc. in the morning. Makes no difference.

No one ever admits they are a bad parent, and in most custody cases, no one gives credit to the other parent.

by the way, congrats on being a professional victim.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by photobug

99.9% of non-custodial fathers do not want shared custody arrangements because it means he would have the children 6 months of the year!

new topics

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join