It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militants Sieze Government Headquarters In Yemen, Saleh Nearly Finished

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Tribal fighters in Yemen's capital have taken over the headquarters of the ruling party. They're also surrounding the interior ministry.

For the past 2 weeks, the opposition in Yemen have taken multiple government buildings around the capital. "Islamic Extremists" also captured a few cities in southern Yemen. Militants with "al-qaeda links" are believe to have captured the coastal city of Zinjibar.

A ceasefire was declared 3 days ago, but was broke around 24 hours ago. The president continues to say all this will lead to civil war, but I believe the war has already started, and is nearly over for him. The government has lost their parties headquarters along with other ministries in the capital.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Next stop Saudi Arabia. However this one will be special because should the House of Saud falls then we'll see gas at $10. But even if Saudi Arabia is still standing we'll see a future Saudi-Iranian War since Yemen has fallen under the control of the Shiites. That will cost gas at $20

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

It will be interesting to see what Saudi Arabia says and does once Saleh has completely stepped down (if hes not overthrown/killed first).

I think the major thing most of the world is worried about is that an "extremist" group will take over. A group "linked" to al-qaeda has already captured a city in the south, plus, the US has bombed Yemen before. I see more bombings by the US in Yemen in the near future if the government completely topples.

join