It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration discussing"unilateral" stricter natonwide gun control by executive order(U.K. Dai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Somebody please tell me the"u.k. dailymail" is as reliable as the supermarket Tabloid "the National Enquirer"?
please?
Seems they have a story saying our pres isworking on an executive order or "legal" decree enacting "stronger" nationwide gun controls????

fear mongering?

Obama under fire for eyeing gun control 'under the radar'

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 4:09 PM on 31st May 2011
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Obama administration is exploring tighter regulation on gun policy that can be secured through an executive order, bypassing congressional approval, officials have confirmed.

The potential crackdown has prompted concern among gun rights groups in the ongoing debate surrounding gun control and Second Amendment rights.

Administration officials said talk of executive orders or agency action are being considered, amidst its crossfire over regulations with a Republican-dominated House.

The Department of Justice held a meeting on Tuesday - the first in what is expected to be a series - to explore how the administration might be able to rule by decree.

Before the meeting, officials said topics of discussion would range from encouraging more thorough background checks and more efficient data-sharing.

An administration official told Fox News: 'The purpose of these discussions is to be a productive exchange of good ideas from folks across the spectrum. We think that’s a good place to start.'

The news follows a report last month by the Washington Post in which President Obama is quoted saying his administration was working on gun control 'under the radar'.

The comment was reportedly made during a private meeting with his staff on March 30.[more at the link]

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

And Here we go...
comment: "They don't want to go there".
edit on 31-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Though they are nowhere near as bad as many people make them out to be, some of the stories they run are pretty exaggerated and fear mongering. That being said I'd wait until it appears in another reputed news source before treating what they print about this as fact.

edit on 31-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Great. More laws. More government control.

Wasn't this issue one of the most debated during the 2008 election?

I think Obama is just trying to alienate as much of the country as possible.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

This has been going on for quite awhile with this Administration. They are trying to regulate gun control "under the radar" through executive decision rather than through th legislative process.

Look up Operation Gun Runner and Operation Fast and Furious to see how they are conducting the Anti-Gun PSYOP campaign.

Three sayings that I have always agreed with.

1. When you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

2. Gun control is being able to hit your target.

3. You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hand.
edit on 31-5-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

It does not matter, there are several millions of guns here in the US that will ensure they are never outlawed that way.
I would hate to be the politician that put his signature on that dead pool.

reply to post by TDawgRex

Please allow me to enhance your words, you may like the change.
You can have my empty gun when you pry it from my cold dead hand.
Hope you like it, as I would hope the hand would be cold for a reason.

Carry on with the plan of the day.
edit on 31-5-2011 by g146541 because: to add

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'd agree with your 3 points 100%, unfortunately most in the UK wouldn't hence 'gun control' in America would have popular support in the UK.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yea I like it.

Though there has been many a time I have had to pry my own cold hand off of my rifle after hunting in Wisconsin just so I can get in the truck to thaw out.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Who would collect the guns/weapons? I admit, this administration could word any new laws that would create the "environment" that would have many gun owners turning in their own weapons (most are law-abiding folks) but there are those of us with an extreme distrust of the government and I can imagine that there are certain "lines of communication" that would increase the amount of "illegal" weapons in the hands of people who know how to use them.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by 46ACE

Though they are nowhere near as bad as many people make them out to be, some of the stories they run are pretty exaggerated and fear mongering. That being said I'd wait until it appears in another reputed news source before treating what they print about this as fact.

edit on 31-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

Thanks fory the info: I know better than to jump at the first out of context headline I read...

So I'm just throwing this story out there with this caveat:

" Needs further development and corroboration"...

new topics

top topics

join