It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Alright well, as the title suggests I juggle a double life - very well indeed I might add. Indirectly I know if affects everyone around me. I use Marijuana sparingly and for medical purposes yet I don't tell anyone and I hide it well. I'm not a junkie or anything I do have a well founded career and it doesn't harm anyone. I know some of my "peers" lets call them, would disagree with me however. They only disagree because its what the government has spoon fed them (this isn't a debating topic btw lol) Should I be dropping them hints? or keeping up with my current scheme? Any suggestions appreciated.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
More people than the governments want to admit, are users. I am not, due to my chosen field.

My personal opinion is don't tell them. What you do is your business.

The governments will never legalize this because anyone can grow it and they can't figure out a way to make money off it. With alcohol, they can impose taxes, fines (if caught DUI/DWI) and whatever else.

I don't have the actual stats, someone more motivated on this subject can research them, but how many people are killed yearly by drunken drivers?

How many people are killed by someone on marijuanna? (Not laced and without benifit of some chemical).

I would assume the gap would be quite large.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Personally i couldnt care if my friends knew i smoked pot (they do know and they do it)... but since your friends are against it i would probably not tell them... but then again if it is truly for medical reasons and it doesnt effect anyone else, they shouldnt really care if you do or dont... just be aware of the side effects of long term use... they may notice changes in your character... but then again i hear the stuff they use for medicinal use isnt as good as the stuff you get from the dude on the street corner.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
then again i hear the stuff they use for medicinal use isnt as good as the stuff you get from the dude on the street corner.

You are correct. I'd rather buy it off some of my other "associates" lol. Seriously though I have been dropping hints and they have commented on my character a tad. Im aware they will gradually put the pieces together. Thats alright though because it is for my health.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Man if its for your helath and your friends hold this against you theres some serious problems in your friendship circles...

but just beware you dont go from the medicinal smoker to the recreational smoker.... even though i am recreational smoker myself, i know that you pretty much need to be friends with other recreational smokers or things could get messy.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
My former girlfriend decided to live a "double life." She is alone now and will probably end up marrying a second rate guy that treats her like she treats herself. What you do professionally is up to you... I personally don't see much of a problem if it doesn't effect you're ability for you to do what you do - as long as you're not doing something that could kill someone else (like a firefirghter, parametic, etc, etc).

But as far as relationships go be honest. It really sucks falling in love with someone who lives a "double life" and decides to hide the other side from you. If you're dishonest you'll get screwed in the end... And I won't feel sorry for you.

[Edited on 8-8-2004 by tacitblue]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tacitblue
If you're dishonest you'll get screwed in the end... And I won't feel sorry for you.

[Edited on 8-8-2004 by tacitblue]

Jesus, Some one has some hate built up inside. How bout you read more than the subject, and see that he is talking about smoking for health purposes.. Looks like you need help with relationship issues.... We at ATS are always ready to talk to you bout them
!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thanks guys, and tacitblue man you need to simmer down. Its not like im cheating on my spouse.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
If you want to smoke weed, thats fair enough. I tried it a while ago, but found it quite boring to be honest. Personally I prefer drink. :w:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I can carry a gun in every state, but can't take a puff. Oh, the injustice! Isn't this country's priorities f'd up! P.S. I'm pretty buzzed up!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Leading a double life in any circumstance -whether it be pot or something else- is a bad idea unless you know the score walking in, walking away, and everything in between. Don't drop hints. If you're going to do this, don't half ass it. Know the consequences, and be prepared to face them.

DE

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Due to the nature of my work (I work with sharp spinning objects , and need to do math ) I began to slow down my use . Some time in the middle of last year , I ran out....I haven't made a purchase since .

On a contrasting note , my friend who were aware of my use NOW think there is something wrong with me when I pass it on without a puff .

I guess I just grew out of it ( the big 40 is right around the corner)

If it is truely medicinal , keep it to yourself , and "medicate" yourself in private .

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Got off the double life topic there ... sorry .

I think if someone comments on your behavior , you might be inclined to fill them in . I wouldn't tell anyone you work with however as it is still illegal , and I think it would be hard to get a note from the "doctor" on the corner .

We have a few distribution centers selling to people for medicinal use here in SanFrancisco and over in Oakland and Berekly , but the state approved a medicinal use measure a few years back . ( The feds still drop in from time to time as this conflicts with national law).

If your state has not passed a similar measure , I would say hush up . It will bite you in the a$$ if someone wants to use it against you .

BTW , what is your medical affliction ?

new topics

top topics

join