It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

show off your stockpile...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
i would post photos of mine but EXIF data would show you just where my stockpile is,

i am not a dummy.
i have a lot of fun tracking others photos.

ummmm, maybe I'm missing something
here, but doesn't ATS strip the EXIF
data from all images uploaded to
it's server ???

then what EXIF data are your reading ???

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Personally, I like to keep things simple. You know the K.I.S.S. approach

To the OP, if you really want to peep into the stockpiles of others the internet is full of site after site on the topic with plenty of pictures to satisfy you. If you really want to go wild (if you can handle it) do some quick research on the Provident Living concept of the Mormons. Your head may very well explode. Some of those folks have enough storage to last 3 months to a year. WoW!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I personally have AT LEAST enough for 2 people for a year. Plus, my girl and I both have at least 6 months worth of dog food.

I feel pretty confident in my supplies. I am probably more well stocked than most but I'm sure that if some experienced preppers looked at my list, they could point out holes in my plan. I'm not necessarily looking for beginners guides, although I appreciate everyone's willingness to help.

I was more thinking along the lines of "public peer review". I think it would be very helpful just to kinda compare and let others see what could be extreme or what could be too little. I understand that you don't want people knowing where your stash is...but I didn't think posting what's in your stash on a site where you're fairly anonymous would be a problem. Apparently people think TPTB are watching these lists and storing IP addresses for later seizure. I figured that the BILLIONS they've been spending on dehydrated food and what not would suit their needs.

I guess I'm the only one who doubts that uncle sam really cares about my stash, that I would assume wouldn't be worth sending troops to my place to seize food for like 2 people.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I understand what you're saying but I also know that all eyes are on ATS these days. Personally, I learned a lot many years ago when I underwent several hurricane evacuations when you only have enough time to take what you can and hope for the best. Most importantly you just hope that you will have a home to return to.

I'm now in tornado country and winter storm country therefore I have prepared differently in a manner that will hopefully help me "bug in" rather than "bug out". Especially when tornadoes are concerned. There is no time to run.

Incidentally, I have had two power outages in as many days each lasting about 4 hours. The first was due to a lightening strike on a transformer and the second was a transformer pop not related to any storms. Probably heat and overload related. Certainly not enough to dip into reserves but enough to make me think of what may be coming down the road in the event of any major Solar Events.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
my stocky pile has a total monetary value
of less than $10.00 and includes:

1 Bible (KJV) - $4.95
1 Magnifying glass - $3.95 (they didn't have the large print edition)

Blessings to you. Some may laugh but hey... last year there was a movie called "The Book of Eli" really good post-apocalyptic movie with Denzel Washington.

Back to topic, my only stockpile is a good set of steak knives. Oh, and I do have a few garden tools that could come in handy in a pinch.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/683a14fb8307.jpg[/atsimg]

Where did you find a picture of my weapons???? Not cool

Any ways, I support who ever said if we break it all down then we are not holding to our OPSEC.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Survive?? hmmm.. there maybe some of us who would rather not survive.

If SHTF this world will get uglier than it already is...time for me to kiss it goodbye.

I can only hope ,that the ones I care about deeply,don't have to suffer to much,if they are still around.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

how do you plan on carrying all of that, pack mule??? your home better be the best bunker built, or do you plan on taking one rifle two side arms and all the ammo you can run with?????

edit on 1-6-2011 by bekod because: text correction

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

and some ten years 3 meals a day for 10 people, same with water ammo fist aid, talk about hard core!!!! for get about asking for help if your not one of them.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Its so easy to remove or manipulate exif data lol

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Well now that you have to bring up my home. It is a nice place to hold up and let the SHTF. Some of you might have seen it. To others this is going to blow your mind.
My House

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I got a toothpick
do some serious eye damage with it at point blank confromtation

seriously..got a 1957? .308 came with a gernade launcher, mounts over the barrel semi automatic and legal paperwork

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well nobody knew it was yours until you claimed it.

I wasn't going to tell if you didn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

that is so cool !!! but is it bunker buster proof???? would it withstand a gbu 28???

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

That is too much! Wow what a fun house i bet.

I'm not all the prepared. Ive got some pocket lint and dust bunnies stashed under my bed. Crap.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
My camera phone won't work (roaming fees apply) so I'll just list my stockpile:

one .45 caliber automatic
two boxes of ammunition
four days concentrated emergency raisons
one drug issue containing:
antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
one miniature combination Russian phrase book and bible
one hundred dollars in rubles
one hundred dollars in gold
nine packs of chewing gum
one issue of prophylactics
three lipsticks
three pair a nylon stockings.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

available at any good army surplus store,act now buy one get one 1/2 off, your list reminds me of the check list from the movie Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Bomb.

edit on 2-6-2011 by bekod because: text correction

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I got lots of peanut butter,dried fruits,water purifier enough just to survive for maybe 3-4 months in the urban environment i live. I know its gonna be horrible in the cities, but i got a back up plan for that.

When the shtf i believe 80-90% of the population in the cities would be dead in first 1-2 months. That's the reason i plan to stay out for only few months, and then its me in the woods...

and yeh...btw..where do u guyz plan to take a dump ? like when you guyz go to your underground shelter, where do you plan to err...# ? Its not like u can # down their everyday for 1 year...

its a honest question... lol

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I would photo mine but I just ate it...it will be visible in a few hours

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21a42d737a25.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f314352ab71b.jpg[/atsimg]

what i am striving for and those are all full auto an arsenal isnt complete with flame throwers.

these may look familair as this was charleton hestons private collection.
edit on 3-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join