It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More hatred from the Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

So most Christians are not homophobic and don't necessarily fear homosexuals, but all Muslims are homophobic because they fear homosexuals?

All Christians don't fit into one category, but all Muslims do?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Neither side in this argument is 100% blameless. There are radicals on both sides. For example there is just a just as strong, if not a stronger, homosexual lobby as there is a Christian one, and they will pull things that could very easily be shown to be Religious Discrimination (which in the US is Unconstitutional as religion is expressly protected).

To give you an example, there is a local TV show that would offer prayers for people late at night on a paid programming spot. The local Homosexual lobbyist group put out feelers in an attempt to find out who was funding the show so they could picket the businesses contributing money for the airtime. When I say picket, I don’t mean a few people showing up with signs either, I mean folks showing up dressed in an explicitly sexual manner performing simulated sexual acts, in order to drive away that businesses customers. Very underhanded tactics to stop a show that simply offered prayers for anyone who called in and didn’t even preach.

Now…

On the other hand, most of your Christian groups that are responsible for your more provocative stunts, almost always end up being “Independent” churches. That is a very important fact that most who want to pick on Christians always seem to overlook, or they do not recognize what it means. Becoming the Pastor of an Independent Church requires almost no effort beyond going downtown to your local government and paying for a license. There is no training for most of these Pastors, and there is no oversight by a larger church organization. As a matter of fact, everything that I have ever seen Anti-Christian groups/people hold against Christianity really only comes down to two groups, old Roman Catholicism (i.e. the Crusades & Inquisition), and Independent Churches.

Just to give an example of one such Independent Church:

The Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is an independent Baptist church known for its extreme stance against homosexuality[1] and its protestactivities, which include picketing funerals and desecrating the American flag.

Churches such as this used often used to carry the title of “Cult”. With no oversight or training, their pastors often get a god complex, and will often espouse radical views that are not necessarily in alignment with the Word of God, but rather in one mans interpretation of that word.

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
Not only does the Bible say that homosexuality is an abomination but it says that those who indulge in it are to be killed, as with adultery, losing your virginity before being married, working on the Sabbath, worshiping a god other than Yahweh, etc, etc, etc. Most Christians may have set aside that sort of Old Testament barbarism but some it seems have not.

A lot of that was Jewish tradition, sort of a pact between God and the Jews, and it does not apply to Gentiles or to man in general after the death of Christ. Christ came here to forgive us our sins by making the ultimate sacrifice, so a lot of that Jewish tradition was no longer valid after Christ’s death. A prime example of this is that the Jews no longer need animal sacrifice for forgiveness, which was shown in the New Testament here:

“And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom”

Many of those Old Testament rules were the rules of Jewish men, they were never the rules of God.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 5/31/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudasIscariot

Nations that have state-sponsored laws laws criminalizing same-sex sexual acts between consenting adults. These nations are mostly either Arabic or African nations and the nations that have a death penalty law are in red. Yes, all these (Death penalty nations) are Arabic (Islamic ruled) nations.

Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bhutan, Botswana, Brunei, Burundi, Cameroon, Comoros, Dominica, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guinea, Guyana, Iran, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria (Northern Islamic Nigeria), Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Qatar, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe,the Cook Islands, the Gaza Strip in Palestine, and Northern Cyprus.

ilga.org...
edit on 31-5-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

So most Christians are not homophobic and don't necessarily fear homosexuals, but all Muslims are homophobic because they fear homosexuals?

Maybe not all Muslims, but most Muslim states do and they have laws against it.
Look it up, that is a fact not an opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It seems to me that arguing that others are worse than we are is still an admition of guilt.

I do understand that a lot of christians don't have issue with homosexuals, but the truth remains that a very large proportion do. And saying, well - look others are worse than we are is no defence.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Maybe not all Muslims, but most Muslim states do and they have laws against it.
Look it up, that is a fact not an opinion.

Yes, I looked at the link dbates supplied, it was very kind.
Just because there are laws against homosexuals, it doesn't mean that the majority of people suffer from homophobia. Your country has terrorist laws... you must suffer from Islamophobia?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

However, the fact is that anything containing “phobia” is by definition describing a “fear”, and Christians do not necessarily fear homosexuals.

This is true, I've never awoke at 3 am in a cold sweat because of a nightmare about homos.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
Okay maybe there was a bit of an over reaction by the christian group but in the picture it says more then holding hands.

And so what. Commercials are filled to the brim with inputs of heterosexual sex. So let's get rid of that also and openly demonstrate sexual bigottery with sex as somewhat 'sinful'.

Or we could just 'live and let live' inside the frames of secular, liberal, egalitarian democracy, where no groups have special elitist privileges of censorship, but also have the obligation of not interfering with other groups to the extent of invasion (extra-parliamentary activity).

If somebody don't like seeing scenes of sex between consenting adults, they can look elsewhere. It's not as looking at sex-situations is compulsary, and unlike auditive perception, visual perception can be selective.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
reply to post by Shamatt

Christians do not hate homosexuals. Christians equate homosexual acts in the same way they would adultery, fornication, bestiality, child infant sex, violent rape, sex with a dead person, etc. So why is that hate, please explain.

Back to sqare one. Just with an addition of irrational prapaganda included.

You've never heard the expression 'between consenting adults'?

And besides: Whatever christians and their bible decide to 'define' things as, has absolutely no value outside the christianities, and efforts of 'exporting' such values to society as a whole, outside parliamentary prcodures, is just ideological fascism.

If your post isn't a support of christian values, I apologize for my misinterpretation of it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

You wrote:

["But you raise a valid point regarding Islam. If people think Christianity is bad for whining, wait til the hangings and be-heading's start!"]

I take it, that you mean "start in the west"?

So you're either a prophet, who can predict the future (the christianities seem to be brimming over with prophets with varying degrees of competence),

or

you could have written: "IF the hangings etc... start".

You've just added another element of extremist christian phobias.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You wrote:

["As a matter of fact, everything that I have ever seen Anti-Christian groups/people hold against Christianity really only comes down to two groups, old Roman Catholicism (i.e. the Crusades & Inquisition), and Independent Churches."]

You may include the puritans, which may or may not be included in the 'independent' group. It's not without reason, many puritans left Europe, and they are still impopular here.

But ofcourse I otherwise agree with the observation, that extremist polarization in any ideology isn't necessarily representative.

(I except nazism. I find it hard to see, how you can be a moderate nazi).

edit on 1-6-2011 by bogomil because: syntax

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So okay...let me guess, not all Christians are the same right? I can agree with that. But am I going to say that these Christians who wanted the ad pulled were NOT Christians because you say so?

It's no different than when people that call the Phelps family of Westboro not "real" Christians...You know what? I think they might even be better Christians because they know their Bible...and they know it well. Now you can argue they are not interpreting it correctly...well there is nothing to go on to say how it ought to be interpreted.
I think most Christians are probably good people...seeing that they don't go around lynching witches, free-thinkers and other deviants anymore...but...don't think Christianity is immune from scrutiny just because you disagree with erm...a fellow Christian's actions.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

reply to post by Shamatt

Christians do not hate homosexuals. Christians equate homosexual acts in the same way they would adultery, fornication, bestiality, child infant sex, violent rape, sex with a dead person, etc. So why is that hate, please explain.

Simple.

Anyone who rapes a child, or violently raped any person for that metter is a hatefull figure, someone whom we would quite rightly want to lock away.

The act of love between two people, married or not, homosexual or hetro, can never be catagorised as the same.

And yet you make the two as bad as each other? A homosexual is as bad as a child rapist? And you can't see that is a hetfull thing to say????

Yes, homosexuals are as bad as child rapists. In North America, there are even popular TV shows like Glee, Degrassi, and the new 90210, championing the rights of gay children. This is intolerable! Gay children? The writers and actors should be arrested for such blasphemy. Teaching young boys that it is alright to have anal sex with other boys? Western countries truly are the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Most Christians are not Homophobic. As a matter of fact, most feel that its none of their business, but it is defined in the Bible as a sin the same as adultery. The Homosexual lobby likes to sling that term around against anyone who does not support homosexuality, because of the negative connotations surrounding it. However, the fact is that anything containing “phobia” is by definition describing a “fear”, and Christians do not necessarily fear homosexuals. They simply believe that according to the Word of God, ANY sexual activity outside of wedlock is a sin. True Christians are the first to recognize that none of us are without sin, all sin is equal in the eyes of God, and all sin can be forgiven.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

wow, great post
star for you
I could not have said it better myself

I am a Christian, I am not homophobic
though I do not believe God would
approve of homosexuality. But if I
mention this, I get a label placed on
me. So be it, if that is your analogy.

And fractured facade made a great point
which is outlined in Revelations.
That Christianity would be a target
in the last days. And we are seeing
this more, day by day. I hope you're
ready. I am

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Pasting failed.
edit on 1-6-2011 by bogomil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonofPeleus

reply to post by Shamatt

Simple.

Anyone who rapes a child, or violently raped any person for that metter is a hatefull figure, someone whom we would quite rightly want to lock away.

The act of love between two people, married or not, homosexual or hetro, can never be catagorised as the same.

And yet you make the two as bad as each other? A homosexual is as bad as a child rapist? And you can't see that is a hetfull thing to say????

Yes, homosexuals are as bad as child rapists. In North America, there are even popular TV shows like Glee, Degrassi, and the new 90210, championing the rights of gay children. This is intolerable! Gay children? The writers and actors should be arrested for such blasphemy. Teaching young boys that it is alright to have anal sex with other boys? Western countries truly are the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.

Simple.

You're doing exactly, what most of the imo sensible contributors here object to. You make sweeping generalizations and use them for your own propagandistic purposes. Next hard-core anti-theist here will do the same in the opposite direction and based on you call ALL christians for bigotted fanatics.

Congratulations. You have just added to imbecile polarization

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Back to the topic of the OP, which was the shameful act on the behalf of Adshel when they caved to a minority complaint. Today, the decision was over-turned and the ads have been returned to their rightful place - and all thanks to the incredible support of the QLD community and the support of those further abroad. In less than 24 hours, a facebook group entitled "Homophobia - NOT HERE - Adshel Caves to Homophobic Pressure" had 70,000 listed as attending - something I find truly inspirational.

Honestly, if Wendy Francis was so against the display of sexual material in advertising, then why hasn't her or the political party she represents taken a more ubiquitous stance? If there is a problem with displays of homosexuality in the media on the basis of it 'pre-sexualising children', then there should equally be an issue with adverts showing nearly naked women or heterosexual couples showing their affection. I agree with other posters on this thread that the ACL does not represent the Christian faith as a whole and it would be erroneous to assume otherwise. They are simply a minority party with rather archaic views reminiscent of the WBC - no more, no less.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I am sorry, but I don't understand what you are getting at. Are you saying it is acceptable for gay writers in Hollywood to make underage homosexual romances a storyline for their target viewers aged 10 to 18? That is paedophilia.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You are a hate filled person. I hope you wake up to how sick your statements are some day soon. And for the reccord, there a millions of gay couples who choses to never have anal sex. There are hundreds of other ways for two men to make love. Some men just don't like it. But they still have full loving relationships with there partners.
And gay women, you must be against them as well as they are homosexual..... still using anal sex as the reason for your hatred? 'Cos that would make a ton of sence. What about hetrosexual couples who have anal sex? Are they all doomed to go to Hell too?

You think that it is blasphemy to portray love between two adults just because those adults are same sex?

I think your stone age attitudes are offensive, biggoted drivel. This is just the sort of thing modern 21st century society can do without.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You are a hate filled person. I hope you wake up to how sick your statements are some day soon. And for the reccord, there a millions of gay couples who choses to never have anal sex. There are hundreds of other ways for two men to make love. Some men just don't like it. But they still have full loving relationships with there partners.
And gay women, you must be against them as well as they are homosexual..... still using anal sex as the reason for your hatred? 'Cos that would make a ton of sence. What about hetrosexual couples who have anal sex? Are they all doomed to go to Hell too?

You think that it is blasphemy to portray love between two adults just because those adults are same sex?

I think your stone age attitudes are offensive, biggoted drivel. This is just the sort of thing modern 21st century society can do without.

Teaching young boys that it is okay to put another boy's penis in their mouths is a horrendous sin. Would you not agree?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join