It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What it all boils down to.

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
So recently it seems there is an explosion of Jewish-related topics. Jews did that, blarg jews are evil, jews control the media, blah blah blah. But what I continuously fail to understand is why I should care. Let me give the lo down here. They won. They stole the land, they killed the people there, and they established a nation. Now I'm all for morning the dead, but I simply don't care about it anymore. Palestine lost. They got their land stolen, and now its history. Why is this such a big deal? Is the +20 million natives who died in the establishment of New Spain and the United States simply not as important? Is the God-only-knows how many millions dead from African colonialism less important? I simply don't understand this fixation on Israel and what they did as something different. It makes no sense to me. Land was stolen, yes. people died, yes. But now they lost, and Israel won. This is a closed issue. It's done. Why should I care.

Now I expect to get a lot of posts so let me just speak out and say what kind of person I am. I do not believe in morals. In fact, I hate them. I go by simple logic, which in some cases can seem like morals. I have the utmost respect for human life, but I understand what war is. Ergo, I don't believe in war crimes, nor do I believe that anything is off limits in war. In fact, I think war is nothing more than the forceful attempt to make a people extinct. Ergo, I don't honestly care what happens to the people in that region. Do I want the killing to stop? Yes. Do I honestly care if Israel makes the Palestinian people extinct? No, I don't. Because war is war, and if given a logical choice, I have to choose Israel over, forgive me,a bunch of uncivilized desert rats. You can post me all the faces of dead children you want, it won't change me nor will it invoke any care. Fact is that kid would probably end up some abusive husband, racist imam, or something else worser still. Not that I hate Muslims, it's simply a fundamental fact that in that location of this Earth, for the past 1000 years, most Muslims that come out of that region are not good people. End of story, nothing else can prove it false because history says it's true. All I see is a civilization fighting barbarians. And I simply cannot choose the barbarians, no matter how much death. However, it is of my opinion that the world would be better if a nuclear bomb hit that region and made everything from Syria to the Nile's base unoccupiable by any human being for 1000 years. But because such isn't going to happen, I have to chose Israel. Not because they're some light in the dark, not because of God, not because of religion, not because of ethics, morality, nor anything else. I have to choose Israel because when I compare Tel Aviv to most Palestinian, Saudi, or other cities, It has sky scrapers, and they don't. Honestly that's the only reason. My religious beliefs say this is the wrong way to view it, as does the culture, as does morality. But ultimately, that's what it boils down to. 1 million dead Palestinian children is not worth more than that.

So now that you understand me, tell me. Why should I care what happens in that region. And why is it such a big deal in the world's eyes, compared to the 10x more body bags in other places and time periods?
edit on 31-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
holy wall of text batman!



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This needs to be in the 'Rant' section. That is all this is.

You said that the majority of Muslims that come from the middle east are not good people. And you don't want to be called racist?



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife
 


A racist claims that a group of people will become nothing and have no capacity to change. That its in their genes, that it's just what they were born to be like. I do not. I think it's their religion, their culture, and their way of life. They are under a veil of lie called Islam. And Islam alone has some decent thoughts, but what they interpret it as is simply not civilized, and not good. Now you first change my words by saying the entire middle east. This is not true. There are many Muslim nations both civilized and good. I can think of Iran, for on example. So that's a lie on your part. I am talking about the region in question. That location from Syria to North East Egypt. The "Holy Land". The truth of the matter most of the Muslims from that region do not become good people. That's not racist. That's me stating that their way of life is causing generations of people to waste away their lives. I, however, do not think they are bound by this. In fact I think they can do great things. Thus I am not a racist.



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Whoa...for a minute there I thought I was reading some Holden Caulfield dialogue out of The Catcher in the Rye!



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by isthisreallife
 


A racist claims that a group of people will become nothing and have no capacity to change. That its in their genes, that it's just what they were born to be like. I do not. I think it's their religion, their culture, and their way of life. They are under a veil of lie called Islam. And Islam alone has some decent thoughts, but what they interpret it as is simply not civilized, and not good. Now you first change my words by saying the entire middle east. This is not true. There are many Muslim nations both civilized and good. I can think of Iran, for on example. So that's a lie on your part. I am talking about the region in question. That location from Syria to North East Egypt. The "Holy Land". The truth of the matter most of the Muslims from that region do not become good people. That's not racist. That's me stating that their way of life is causing generations of people to waste away their lives. I, however, do not think they are bound by this. In fact I think they can do great things. Thus I am not a racist.


Iran is in the Middle East. You said, and I quote, "most Muslims that come out of that region are not good people." "That region" would be the Middle East. Do you understand the majority of the individuals that come from that region are neither extremist nor bad people? Do you understand the level of education that many individuals there recieve?




Race is classification of humans into large and distinct populations or groups by factors such as heritable phenotypic characteristics or geographic ancestry, but also often influenced by and correlated with traits such as appearance, culture, ethnicity, and socio-economic status


Straight from Wikipedia. A race is more than just their genes. It is their culture, their way of life, and their religion. At the very least you are prejudiced.

Your post is a RANT. That is all. I'm not debating your topic with your because it would be useless and extremely time consuming. I just think this topic would best be in the 'Rant' forum where it is not a fringe idea or a topic of factual discussion.
edit on 31-5-2011 by isthisreallife because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife
 


no, the Holy Land is not the Middle East. Did I mention Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, or Afghanistan? They're completely different cultures. I am talking about Israel and Palestine. Not the rest of the Middle East, and I really would argue the Holly land is not the middle east. Everything West of Iraq is the near east. So don't lie.


Yes, I am prejudiced. I have no disagreement there. Not all ways of life are the same, and not all cultures are the same. And some are indeed downright evil. That's not racist. And a race is its genes. Wikipedia can say all it wants about culture. Biology doesn't care about culture. We are all the human race. And some cultures made by man are more evil than others. That's why Dubai has sky scrapers and Afghanistan's tribal areas is a war zone. Clearly one got it right and the other screwed up.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91
 


What it all boils down to is you are ill informed about your OP and Afghanistan was not always Tribal war zones.
But the state has been invaded just a few times so they have not had much of a chance to recoup.
Please turn off Fox news and get some education



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541
 


I actually don't watch the news, and Afghanistan had 1000 years to make itself something. Now men throw acid at school girls.Kthanx, I don't care for such cultures.

If you're going to call me misinformed, you have to prove it. You're words are not God.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91
 


Star for you, I rest my case.
That is what it boils down to!



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by isthisreallife
 


no, the Holy Land is not the Middle East. Did I mention Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, or Afghanistan? They're completely different cultures. I am talking about Israel and Palestine. Not the rest of the Middle East, and I really would argue the Holly land is not the middle east. Everything West of Iraq is the near east. So don't lie.


Yes, I am prejudiced. I have no disagreement there. Not all ways of life are the same, and not all cultures are the same. And some are indeed downright evil. That's not racist. And a race is its genes. Wikipedia can say all it wants about culture. Biology doesn't care about culture. We are all the human race. And some cultures made by man are more evil than others. That's why Dubai has sky scrapers and Afghanistan's tribal areas is a war zone. Clearly one got it right and the other screwed up.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Middle East
What country is there? Iran. And the term "Middle East" or the term "Near East" are actually both incorrect. It should be called South West Asia.

Did I mention Afghanistan? No. I agree, the -stan region of the world is completely different from the "Holy Land".

Race is a completely made up Social structure invented by the Europeans during the 1800's in order to justify enslaving and mercantilizing the African subcontinent.

Dubai made it for ONE reason. Oil.
Afghanistan has been invaded twice in 40 years, totaling 19 years of occupation. Do you think America or Europe would be successful if we had been occupied for 19 years out of 40?

If you're going to bash a culture bash that of the Cannibals or even the secular culture of the West. Don't bash an entire religion or region based on skewed misconceptions.



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife
 


40 years is not 1000. Afghanistan's tribal regions are backwards and are evil. Dubai is even evil in some ways by how they treat their women. But Dubai used what it had, and now it's going into green tech before they run out of oil. Meanwhile, Afghanistan has huge resource cashes just as much as any other nation that used them. Some cultures are evil and failures. Some cultures are successful and get places. Those evil ones are not good. And they include Palestine. Now I really don't care what you call what region. I am talking about the Holy Land. That is the region I have stated. Fact is simple. most Muslims in the Holy Land are not good people. That's the Holy Land. Holy Land is Israel, Palestine, North East Egypt, Jordan, Some parts of Saudi Arabia, and that whole region. That's what I am talking about, and those people have not produced much good compared to the evil.



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91


So now that you understand me, tell me. Why should I care what happens in that region. And why is it such a big deal in the world's eyes, compared to the 10x more body bags in other places and time periods?
edit on 31-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)


^ this last paragraph got my attention. I think you should care, logic is only as good as the person using it. Caring about something gives you a sense that you logically have a purpose to exist. Indifference breads contempt, which breeds confrontation. Without empathy you don't really have a purpose.

Specifically, Israel only has what they have due to international support. Without that support the country wouldn't exist, which creates a vacuum of hate to those that oppose the support Israel gets. $20 Billion?


The issue of qualitative military aid for Israel becomes more essential for us, and I believe also more essential for you," Barak stressed. "It might be wise to invest another $20 billion to upgrade the security of Israel for the next generation or so....A strong, responsible Israel can become a stabilizer in such a turbulent region."



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by no time
 


20 billion honestly isn't a lot compared with the 15 trillion the country makes every year. I think that's what all the interest in health care is over. That alone would give the country trillions more to do with whatever it wants.

Israel is an American puppet state, for the reason Barak said. It's America's justification for being in the region to stabilize and do with it as they please.



posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I too am tired of the whole holy land deal.Really this crap has been going on for 3000 years get over it already. Would have been a good idea for some one to do away with Abramam before he started this whole mess. Neither side in this conflict is better than the other. They are both bad from my point of view.

I think that this nonsense will continue untill one side or the other is genocidely eliminated, then it will finnaly be done.

As for Afganistan, there is only one reason for forign conquerors to be there ..."The Opium Trade", What else do these people have that a conqueror could possibly want.

When the Russians were there the flow of opium went through Russia and billions were made. Along with the accompaning drug addicts.
I remembar reading an article about how many of the Russian soldiers were coming back from their war there addicted. They numbered in the thousands. Lots of Russian cartel members got rich and the Russians got a generation of addicts.

Now we are there and the flow of heroin and opium has come here. Funny how quiet the media is about it. But the truth is that heroin is once again free flowing on the streets of America.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join