It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking news about future Earth changes

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by youallcrazy
Here is a good link to answer a lot of the OP concerns from someone who actually knows the science.
astrobiology.nasa.gov...

I was totally digging this article until he claimed it was all hype to sell the movie 2012.... I'm pretty sure the hype fueled the creation of the movie and not the other way around - just like The Day After Tomorrow

I hate to admit that I did a stint at walmart, well before either movie was released (and still worked there for the first one) - and I was well aware of both of these theories prior to them becoming mainstream - in fact, I distinctly recall, when these movies were announced, saying to friends, "I was wondering how long it would take them to capitalize on this idea"

just my thoughts

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Hello all, firstly I would like to say, OP, you are awesome!! brilliantly presented thread, great links and easy to understand information, which is much needed for people like me!!
Secondly to all the "haters" I really don't understand why you guys are even getting into it! if you don't believe in all this 'stuff' then why are you even here? If you really don't think this information is worth your time then why are you wasting more of it by responding with negative comments and such? The OP has spent time and effort putting this thread together and that in its self should be respected, of course some of the info and links will be debatable but we are not all electronic engineers or nasa employees and only have access to certain bits of information, as ATSers we do the best we can and most of us usually add that we do not know how reliable sources may be but try our best to piece together what we can!

I am unfortunately one of those crazy folk who has this overwhelming feeling that some absolutely massive change is going to occur! I don't know what it is, it could be positive or negative, it could be the end or the beggining, but I definitely FEEL something, as do a lot of people I have spoken to lately!

The information on geomagnetic storms and emps etc is a big eye opener, approaching galactic centre in 2012, polar shifts etc we know these things are happening but we do not know what impact they will have on our way of life, or if they will allow it to continue!

I keep hearing the phrase "be prepared" lately, the question is how? what do we need to do, what items should we have readily available and probably a very important question is where will we be when and if it occurs? For example; knowing how to make a shower using coconut shells is great but what if you live somewhere where coconuts don't grow, I think we should start a thread about survival in different parts of the world, so we can have relevant information depending on our specific surroundings! Sorry to get off topic, bit of a general rant really, as I said, not an electrical engineer or nasa technician or whatever so couldn't add anything intelligent on the subject if I tried!!

Anyways, lots of love and may whatever you believe in guide you through x

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This is a very nice post congratulations and ty. It disturbs me however when i see the negative critisim of your posts, which are interesting and well stated.

Constructive ideas, free thinking, additional information, or factual disproving should be what is occuring here shouldnt it?

I am new here to ats, but have been watching it for so long without being a member.

I want to ask Why is it that the negative, smart I know everything, posts appear to come form the GOLD MEMBERS who seem to knock and knock and inferre a you are stupid idea for posting this or any other post of interest, in their posts.

Is a gold member really worth the time of day? ATS?.
because they have posted thousands of posts it justifies that they are wise in all things or that their brains have more gas than others.

I suggest to ATS moderators that the title gold member should be more carefully presented.
In looking at so mant posts i have to ask are some of these people plants by governments to discredit free thinking.

I believe ATS has been hijacked in this regard.

It is interesting in yahoo news groups for instance, that if you post negative or even positive things on china you get red thumbs!.
why not possible here on a free thinking site such as ATS to be hijacked by disimformation Powers of businesses or governments who have an agenda to push.

I ask ATS to review the posts of ALL GOLD members and revoke their status if it appears they are knocking for the sake of knocking.
There is something wrong here and it is getting worse.

What do you think

Cheers..

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kigamboni

if you post something on here you have to be confident . if you are wishy washy or not clear or concise, it will of course be under scrutiny. I personally am tired of looking at a lot of posts on this site that add nothing or are utter nonsense. I do not always agree with some of the experiienced members posts, however they too are entitled to their opinion. Abrasiveness is part of life and this forum is no different. If it gets to much out of hand MODS will step in.

Speak your mind and be able to back up what you say. If their is a hole in your presentation learn from others too...

my 3 cents

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
When reading about a possible EMP event it does make sense that there would be so many underground bases. Being under the earth would shield you from such a disaster. I for one welcome it, as it would force people to think for once and look up from their damn phones.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by essjay
I keep hearing the phrase "be prepared" lately, the question is how? what do we need to do, what items should we have readily available and probably a very important question is where will we be when and if it occurs? For example; knowing how to make a shower using coconut shells is great but what if you live somewhere where coconuts don't grow, I think we should start a thread about survival in different parts of the world, so we can have relevant information depending on our specific surroundings! Sorry to get off topic, bit of a general rant really, as I said, not an electrical engineer or nasa technician or whatever so couldn't add anything intelligent on the subject if I tried!!

I pretty sure there is a survival section on ATS for people to post about survival, I havent been on it as im new also but that might be what you are looking for.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think if there are any man made changes to the earth is prbably due to HAARP

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
EMP hardening has been around for a LONG time.

Look up "TEMPEST hardening" on Google...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Two words:

Faraday Cage.

They've been advertising Steel Buildings pretty heavily in my local TV market, Got me thinking:

Why not put one of these in my back yard to protect my cars?

Just make sure it well grounded...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I just have to say, that this thread seems to have nailed what so many other threads have attempted......Its not Elenin, or Nibiru.......Its The Local Interstellar Cloud!!! OMG!!! DING DING DING!!!!

I have read every page and every link and I am convinced that we indeed have a serious problem on our hands. Lets just hope that our heliosphere and Sun can hold on for the ride!!!!!!!

I for one will be watching for any and all updates on Voyagers and IBEX !

ibex.swri.edu...
edit on 4-6-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

They are saying the cloud won't affect us for thousands of years, unless that is a hype. But the comet and other issues may be here sooner. I'm sorry, I don't have links handy, but if I need them, I will look them up on ATS. Another thread on ATS was saying that a black hole could be out there, and not a planet? Any thoughts about that?

Back to the cloud, if what they are saying is NOT true, and it does get here much sooner, then we could be looking at 6000 degrees Celsius temps? That was posted on another ATS thread.

edit on 4-6-2011 by MountainEnigma because: To add a word.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
I think that in any event where the Governments or Elites ( self important oiks ) take cover and do not tell the populace ( after all they want a slave workforce ) that any event is forthcoming, should I survive they will have an enemy who will make their lives very interesting if they ever say " I knew and didn't tell the people as I hid in luxury while millions died".
edit on 1/6/11 by DataWraith because: Added text

You don't think they thought of that? They will have a small army with them, I'm sure...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
so many of these thread nowadays..

it is obvious that many changes will happen, why do people tend to write prophetcies all the time

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Sure the worlds electrical grid is in grave danger but only if they are online, they can turn them off which will save them but its knowing when the flare will strike which is kinda hard, the electrical grid as it stands is completely vulnerable and i have read theres only a few places in the world that manufactures those big electical station things so it will take years and years to build and replace and the very rich countries will get them first because they will be the highest bidder, as where poorer countries will have to wait until the end.

As for EMP protection, it can be done very easily and inexpensively by the utilities companys but it's not being done and there is no sign that it will be done any time in the near future.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm not sure that having a major population and technology purge would be a bad thing, ecologically speaking. Having humans revert to a state in which they have to grow their own food would probably be healthy in the long run, as long as all current knowledge could be preserved. However it is my understanding that mass bird die off's, bee disappearances and whale strandings could be related to electromagnetic events, due to the fact that nervous systems are electro chemical. What I haven’t seen anyone suggest is the possibility that intense electromagnetic events could cause large scale extinction events. Bee extinction alone would be disastrous for all life on earth as they are a major pollinator. However what about everything else with a nervous system, humans for example. The possibility exists that exposure to long term fluctuating and or short term extreme electromagnetic events could cause anything with a brain to malfunction, perhaps resulting in insanity or death. On the other hand there is the possibility that our brains could be rewired, perhaps to use parts of our brains we don't currently utilise. Either way we are living in interesting times.

Perhaps we should start experimenting with rubber lined fibreglass helmets. O.o just a thought.
edit on 5-6-2011 by AusiAnarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Would this (couple year-old) article have anything to do with the interstellar gas cloud our solar system is in the mist of?
Voyager Makes an Interstellar Discovery

Voyager flies through the outer bounds of the heliosphere en route to interstellar space. A strong magnetic field reported by Opher et al in the Dec. 24, 2009, issue of Nature...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The CIA has effectively turned their Langley HQ into a giant Faraday Cage by wrapping it in copper mesh between the panes of glass... all copper, and well grounded so that the EMP goes directly into the cage and thus, to ground. Anyone could do it really bit it is expensive to turns one home into an anti EMP resistent place, or maybe one room. Hmmm....Maybe chicken wire...

edit on 5-6-2011 by splangey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbrain75

Conclusion:
There will be a major disruption of power and electronics in the future. Be prepared for it. Don't depend upon electrical machines for your water, food, heat, information, or transportation. It is possible that EMP pulses may destroy the ability for cars and trucks to function. Backup power systems may work but don't depend upon them for your survival. EMP may damage backup power equipment.

Which means, in essence, dont live in a city.

Everyone in a city is dependent upon electricity for everything. You dont notice it in a short blackout, but in a prolonged power outage, you sure would. No electricity in a large area would rather shortly mean, no food, no water. Lights, microwave ovens, phones, etc., would be the least of your worries.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Text
reply to post by Rich Z

Can anybody here define NONSTOP for me?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kigamboni

Is a gold member really worth the time of day? ATS?.
because they have posted thousands of posts it justifies that they are wise in all things or that their brains have more gas than others.

Well, its totally off topic, but, if you are using some stupid border and title to judge who is worth listening to, thats on you. Of course the border doesnt mean squat. All rankings on ATS have to do with popularity. At some point in time, someone gave you stars and flags. In my experience, my best work rarely gets stars. (A really well reasoned and supported argument) I am much more likely to get stars if I vent something. Some pissy comment.

Popularity has nothing to do with truth, or quality. So no one should be looking to the bling to see if someone has something worth saying. They should look to the content of the persons posts. Period.

More on topic. People always bash threads like this for some reason. And call them fear mongering, or doom saying, or whatever. I wouldnt take it too personally. I think its a pretty good possibility for a serious breakdown of society, myself. Our government and science has acknowledged that it is very possible and in fact likely that something in the near future could totally destroy or at least cripple our electrical systems and everything that operates on them.

I personally enjoy threads that look at the several ways this could happen.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join