It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking news about future Earth changes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Am I the only one to catch the pun in the title? "Shocking" news? EMP blackouts? LOL.

Excellent thread, good scope of the field.

Actually, that is the reason for the title. I thought about putting a bit more of a hint in the material but, although I like humor, I did not want to detract from a serious subject. Good catch!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Excellent post. Much of what you have in your thread corresponds with the information I have found and linked to in this thread. Your post contains some additional interesting information. One of the items that stands out to me is the reference to the increase in galactic dust entering our system. I am curious what scientists think this is made of (is it hydrogen or helium gas or something else), and how it was detected. I suspect it is related to the magnetic "ribbon" or "gas cloud" on the edge of our solar system.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ikke24
reply to post by zbrain75

great work
keep on tracking and keep us informed

question:

is a battery wrapped into alu folie save for an emp-pulse?
and is a solar-panel useable after the EMP pulse ?
anyone knows?
my intension is that after the EMP I do have 12V power at my home

There is no clear cut answer to your questions. The effectiveness of any shielding is dependent upon its quality and no shielding is 100% effective. The bottom line is that it depends upon the strength of the EMP, your proximity to it, and the quality of the shielding. There are other things that can be done such as is done for lightning arrestors. The lightning arrestor will short a voltage above a set limit to ground to protect equipment. But nothing is perfect. If the voltage builds faster than the lightning arrestor can sense it and react, equipment can still be damaged.
I do not have enough familiarity with solar panels to answer that part of the question. I think there may be some variety of solar panel technologies so some may be more resistant to EMP damage than others.
Hopefully, we will get some warning of things to come before any EMP pulses get real strong thus providing a better idea of how effective protection will be before the situation is critical.
I would be most concerned with any wiring (whether transporting AC or DC power) picking up pulses and transmitting them to equipment which would destroy it. When I was in the lightning storm in Tennessee, my stereo was destroyed because the speaker wires developed high voltages from the lightning pulses and destroyed the stereo output amplifiers.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Thank you very much for your post. There is some very good information there which may help determine how our weather may be affected along with other changes. I think the article has some good information about the sun and I will be studying this more. I look forward to watching the videos as time allows.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

One thing that confuses me regarding the power grids etc, though is this: surely if we know when a flare /storm is due to hit we can simply turn off the power? If the power is off, there can't be any damage right? Forgive the simplicity of the question and the phrasing but i am a layman regarding these things......

Actually that would be the ideal solution but you would also need to unplug everything. The fact is that the longer the wire, the more voltage it will pick up and the greater its ability to damage equipment. So you not only need to turn off the power, you need to disconnect the wires, isolate them from the equipment, or limit the voltage that can be placed across the equipment. The technical difficulty comes from doing any one of these quickly enough and effective enough to save the equipment.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lovepeace20
I have a very important and interesting question, Does the change in the Electromagnetism, effects our biological system and our brain. Cause i in have been diagnosed with many symptoms that are connected with Epilepsy and recently i have been feeling some very strange effects that are all related to Migraines symptoms. I think this is very important because the effects from Elenin could have very serous alterations not only to our electronic devices but our bodies too.

Not sure if anyone answered Lovepeace20. But the same thing came to my mind. Since our bodies are electrical, are we going to get blown out as well? Human Voltage

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

A simple known fact,Lead acid batteries do not produce electricity until they are filled with acid solution,lessknown however ,manufacturers ship the assembled batteries to distributers like interstate deka ect,dry to save on shipping weight,and of course keep a longer shelf life because they are not yet activated,they are just plastic and lead plates, these batteries have potential to be shielded and activated later after large emp events. Hope that helps as it seems were on our own in this ever changing magnetic ball in space together

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benchkey

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ca0c01198a3.jpg[/atsimg]

OPSEC! OPSEC!

ATS Thread - Probably sounds like a stupid question

reply to post by mrspock

Thanks for that, that helps with my next "project", EMP proofing my SHTF vehicle.

edit on 2-6-2011 by Hijaqd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
How bout we get everyone on earth to fart in the same direction at the same time to impart thrust to slow down earths rotation just enough so that our day becomes longer

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by coquine
Fascinating.....simply fascinating!

For quite a while, I've been interested in learning about the potential effects of an attack by EMP weapons, and this sounds like it basically amounts to the same effects. I do wonder about what kinds of things one could do to prepare for such an eventuality?

What materials are sheilds normally made of? (as imperfect as they may be) would it be possible to make one at home somehow?? Say, perhaps even for small batteries or appliances?

I wonder, in this scenario you present, what the effects upon the human mind and body could be???

Here is an article discussing EMP from either a nuclear explosion of from a CME. It even discusses building Faraday cages.
EMP AND FARADAY CAGES

The information to follow on building "Faraday cages" is timely indeed. A single atmospheric nuclear detonation releases enough electromagnetic pulse (EMP) to equal 100,000 volts per square centimeter on the ground. A single detonation 200 to 400 miles over the center of the continental United States would fry every unprotected computer chip from coast to coast, and from the middle of Canada to the middle of Mexico. And we are now into Solar Cycle 23, with solar flares common and expected to continue until the first of next year. CME's are capable of extreme damage to modern computerized equipment! Sure, we have our windup BayGen radio's and spare lap top computers, but unless electronic equipment is protected from an electromagnetic pulse, they will be fried!

The answer to your last question is yes, electromagnetic fields affect the human body. Keep in mind that EMP is a form of electromagnetic radiation along with radiation from power lines, household AC current, and radio waves. A low power field such as household current should not have much effect on health but higher power may be a different story. I have read that there are both health consequences to electromagnetic radiation and it can cause changes in behavior. Here are several articles on the subject:
Electromagnetic Radiation and Health

The preponderance of evidence suggests that the low-power, low-frequency, electromagnetic radiation associated with household current does not constitute a short or long term health hazard, and whilst some biophysical mechanisms for the promotion of cancer have been proposed (such as the electric fields around power lines attracting aerosol pollutants), none have been substantiated. Nevertheless, some research has implicated exposure in a number of adverse health effects. These include, but are not limited to, childhood leukemia, adult leukemia, neurodegenerative diseases (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), miscarriage, and clinical depression

Electromagnetic Fields Affect Human Cells
Exposure To Low-Level Magnetic Fields Causes DNA Damage In Rat Brain Cells, Researchers Find
Electromagnetic fields exert effects on and through hormones
Psychological effects of chronic exposure to 50 Hz magnetic fields in humans living near extra-high-voltage transmission lines.
Alpha wave
This article states:

Alpha waves are electromagnetic oscillations in the frequency range of 8-12 Hz arising from synchronous and coherent (in phase / constructive) electrical activity of large groups of neurons in the human brain.

This gives cause to believe that electromagnetic waves can affect brain activity.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Perhaps we should call ourselves the Common Man Group and take steps to save others who are not capable of saving themselves?

Seriously this is a wonderful idea. Web conference anyone? Skype?
edit on 2-6-2011 by DragonRain311 because: Spelling Error

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MissingRonnieR

It appears as if you have all the answers sir. I believe that by categorizing all of us as nerds is a way for you to indicate that you are superior to us, when in reality you post on this site too. There is no need for useless hate here, if you don't have something constructive to say, then please remain silent.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

This has to be one of the most honest and true statements I have seen. The truth is that we all come here to seek answers and to try and understand what is going on with our world. For people to come here and just randomly attack threads just because they do not believe in what is being said, these people need to keep watching "Friends" and gossipping about Justin Bieber.

I respect the OP for all of the time and effort that went into this thread and I have not had a problem with anything that has been said because at no point did he say that this is all going to happen for sure, nor did he give an exact date.

In conclusion: Negativity is not needed. I think there is a Goth coffee house that is missing these people's presence right now.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I only mean this in jest but there is one answer to all of the questions you asked. The cause for all of these strange events is Chuck Norris. Please don't tear me to shreds to badly, I just thought it would be amusing.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Can you put your equipment under something that would block the pulse? Under concrete or bury in the ground or put an insulator around it like plastic or glass? How about something lead? And if you shut off the breaker to your house, you are saying there still could be damage to the wiring in the house and then the items that are plugged in, so we could have a house fire or have our fridges or microwaves or alarm clocks blow up and/or catch fire?

Just trying to get a handle on what to expect and what I can do to better prepare. Thanks

edit on 2-6-2011 by MountainEnigma because: Remove Text Green

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Great thread, really made me think. We should all know SOMETHING is going on in many ways. From the flooding storms and quakes, something is changing rapidly. I don't know if mankind understands these changes or if they do, it's being covered up to suite the elite.I have read many, many things on the subject and think that there is a possibility of space debris is already in the solar system us from an upcoming event. My question is why doesn't anything show up with the many amateur astronomers out there? I believe that the internet is washed of many things by the government, but is there no one with some kind of visual evidence of our binary twin? When will we notice it visually? Or shouldn't we already see something even with it in the southern most hemisphere?
Thanks again and any response will be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This has been very informational to me. I believe something will happen in the near future, and as for the Nibiru theory, I think there is a high possibility for it being out there. About 5 years ago, my honors teacher in 5th grade told me about NASA discovering a planet with a large eliptical orbit, and he also stated it was named Planet X. There's some coincidence there, but that's what I think.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonRain311

I only mean this in jest but there is one answer to all of the questions you asked. The cause for all of these strange events is Chuck Norris. Please don't tear me to shreds to badly, I just thought it would be amusing.

I knew it !

I knew Chuck Norris had to be behind it all !

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Zbrain this is a great thread - you have supplied some pertinent info thanks

it's not such a bad thing to lose all the tech of modern life, considering the bulk of humanity has existed for thousands of years without it

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by my3911

Originally posted by TheDevilOfLiesman i cant wait till 2013 and everyone shuts the hell up at least until another thing comes along

LOL! I sure hope you're right! Of all the 40 years I have been here on Earth, I have never felt as strong as I do about this. I really feel like something is coming that will be unprecedented to anything we have in remotely recorded history. Again, I hope I am wrong and you are right, so we can all live a life without impending fear, celebrate and move on!

you should put down the impending fear - in all of your 40 years you never had so much "unfiltered" information thrown at you either

I hate to constantly quote MIB but its just too true .....

There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join