It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking news about future Earth changes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+201 more 
posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is a summary of information I found regarding electromagnetic events and solar activity that will affect the Earth. The research I have been doing regarding Elenin has led me to this information. I have been researching Elenin and the rumors of a cataclysmic event in the near future. I have had a great deal of difficulty finding any verifiable information about whether Elenin is more than we are being told by officials. However I still wanted to determine whether there is a significant threat to our way of life and what preparations may be necessary.

I realized that if our Governments are hiding what they know, we should be able to gain some clues based upon what they are doing. I also realized that there may be some additional threads of evidence due to possible whistle-blowers in various professions. I was looking for information that fit a set pattern and that was from independent sources. Although I do not have all the answers, I have found some of what I was looking for and have some information regarding very likely future events. These events will affect our way of life and everyone should prepare for this.

I was looking for facts rather than speculation. What I found is based upon science and articles from NASA and information from other sources. Some confirming information is historical (things like this have happened in the past). I cannot guarantee that all the articles I link to are completely accurate but my focus is mainly on the electrical events that are predicted.

Many of the sources of the information I have found are official or undisputed but many of the news articles have not been highly publicized for very long. I believe this is partly because of the technical nature of the evidence (lack of understanding by reporters and management) combined with an unwillingness to alarm the public (an irresponsible attitude since everyone should prepare for situations like this).

Based upon what I researched, which is described below, I have reached the conclusions and possibilities listed here. Some of them are shocking but those who are concerned should review the information, do their own research, and make themselves prepared as soon as possible.
Conclusions and predictions:
1. Parts or all of the power grid will become disabled or destroyed (3 months to 5 years). This is my prediction based upon scientific fact.
2. It is very likely that solar activity and electromagnetic interfacing between heavenly bodies will produce Electromagnetic Pulses (EMP) of enough magnitude to not only destroy the power grid, but to destroy most electric and electronic devices (unless properly shielded and may destroy them even if they are shielded).
3. It is very likely that electromagnetic and plasma events may become very common in the near future (6 months to 5 years) and happen for extended periods of time rather than single pulse events.
4. Our solar system is entering an area of space that will change the behavior of the sun and cause magnetic events through the solar system and on earth. NASA calls this area of space a
ribbon of magnetics which consists of a combination of magnetized hydrogen and helium.
The above information is supported by news and information from NASA.

The below information is my hypothesis based upon various information that I have been able to find but no direct evidence seems available to either prove or disprove it.
1. I believe there is a significant possibility that our solar system is a binary star system and there may be something of significant mass that is inbound and is affecting weather, comets, and earthquakes.
2. Although I do not believe the comet Elenin is Planet X or Niburu, I believe its appearance may have been caused or affected by a larger unknown massive object in our solar system. If there is a large object like this, I believe NASA is aware of it and knows approximately where it is.
3. I believe the comet Elenin will not destroy Earth but could have some electromagnetic effects upon earth, possibly including a flux interface between Earth, Elenin, and/or the sun. Elenin's passing could herald the first of many significant electromagnetic events, although the magnetic cloud in space is the main factor that will make the exchange possible This possible interface is not definite.
4. Earthquakes may be influenced by magnetic flux. If so, the electromagnetic events to come could cause a greater number of earthquakes.

Research:
While researching, I first began to try to confirm rumors about some things the government has been doing. I searched on several terms including:
SEED BANK
UNDERGROUND GOVERNMENT BUNKERS
FEMA FOOD PURCHASES
WHISTLEBLOWER PLANET X
WHISTLEBLOWER 2012
Later searches included:
EMP SUN
SOLAR SYSTEM PLASMA EFFECTS
FLUX TRANSFER EVENT
PLASMA
BIRKELAND CURRENTS
PETROGLYPHS AURORAS

My initial searches confirmed:
1. A seed bank was created. There are many news articles available regarding this but here is one: Work begins on Arctic seed vault
2. Governments are creating underground bunkers. Although I cannot guarantee the accuracy of all the articles, here are several articles about it. There is good reason to believe underground bases exist but the reasons for the basis could be anything from possible nuclear war to some cataclysmic event.
Norwegian politician speaks about surviving global catastrophe in the government bunkers in Norway
Secret Government Bunkers
DEEP UNDERGROUND MILITARY BASES
The Government is Building Underground BUNKERS on a Mass Scale
3. Governments have been purchasing massive quantities of food. Here are articles:
FEMA Requests Information on the Availability of 140 Million Packets of Food, Blankets, and Body Bags
Terror threats rising as FEMA orders $1 Billion in dehydrated food
4. Although information about detected space rocks was formerly public, it is now classified.
Military Hush-Up: Incoming Space Rocks Now Classified
This means that even if NASA is aware of something that may be a threat they will most likely not tell the public.

None of this indicates what is being anticipated, only that something is expected. One of my whistleblower searches turned up this article which was a significant clue:

An Electrical Engineer on 2012-2013 Whistleblower Testimony

My husband is an electrical engineer for a national power company. He has just been told that they are expecting an event in the next 3-4 years that will render every transformer in the world useless. They are desperately trying to find a solution to the problem. If they don't, the entire global electrical system will go down. He mentioned something about electromagnetic clouds in space that the Earth is drifting into. They are under incredible pressure to find a solution.

Not many months ago I had read an article about a threat to the electrical power grid. The article talked about Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs), the electrical storms they can generate and the threat to the electrical power grid. It said high voltage transformers could be destroyed if the proper protections are not put in place in time and that should these transformers be destroyed, it will take years to replace them. Therefore a large portion of the electrical power grid could fail for many years. I don't remember the exact article but there are several similar articles across the internet. Here is a similar one:
EMP threatens power shutdown for months

This information motivated me to do more research in this area. I found the below article that provides lots of information that seems credible.
A Boeing Whistleblower’s Warning
This article discusses the magnetic ribbon in space that our solar system is entering. It includes other information including:
1. Changes in Earth's electromagnetic field.
2. Information about an area in space with plasma energy (magnetized hydrogen and helium gas).
3. Increased solar activity.
4. Flux transfer events (FTE) between heavenly bodies.
5. The Norway spiral and how it may have been caused by a FTE.
6. It also mentions additional effects that I have seen people mention on the internet and have personally observed seasonal pattern changes and increased extreme weather events.

Potential effects
- Sudden, dramatic changes to weather patterns
- Increased extreme weather events
- Shifted seasonal patterns
- Increased EQ activity
- Mystery booms
- Hyper cloudless "lightning" storms
- Unusual sky effects
- Tide and water level deviations

7. Speculation about a black dwarf.

Here is an article about space weather and its social and economic impacts from the National Research Council.
Severe Space Weather Events - Understanding societal an Economic Impacts
edit on 31-5-2011 by zbrain75 because: Change from quote to external quote.

+21 more 
posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The following are known facts:
1. There is a ribbon of magnetics in space identified by NASA.
2. As our solar system passes through this magnetic area in space, electronics and electricity will be affected for some time - There may be flares, EMP, FTE, and CME events affecting earth.
3. NASA has some concern about potential for something hitting the sun.
4. Damage to transformers can take years to replace
5. There have been some breaches in Earth's magnetic field which may be caused by FTEs. This may be the cause for bird dieoffs.
Flux transfer event: when a portal opens in Earth's magnetosphere
6. There is govenment suppression on information about some asteroids (classified) and inbound objects.
7. Filaments on the sun keep popping up.
8. Interstellar cloud changes CME discharge into a more continuous process - magnetic cloud supports continuous ion flow between connected bodies - could make EMPs continuous.
9. Magnetic flux tubes do occur - solar wind connections are not steady but brief, bursty and dynamic.
10. Surplus cosmic rays from an unidentified source relatively near (within 3000 light years)
11. From Wikipedia.org - Geomagnetic Storm

On September 1 – 2, 1859, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred. From August 28 until September 2, 1859, numerous sunspots and solar flares were observed on the Sun, the largest flare occurring on September 1. This is referred to as the 1859 solar superstorm or the the Carrington Event. It can be assumed that a massive Coronal mass ejection (CME), associated with the flare, was launched from the Sun and reached the Earth within eighteen hours — a trip that normally takes three to four days. The horizontal intensity of geomagnetic field was reduced by 1600 nT as recorded by the Colaba observatory near Bombay, India. It is estimated that Dst would have been approximately -1750 nT. Telegraph wires in both the United States and Europe experienced induced emf, in some cases even shocking telegraph operators and causing fires. Auroras were seen as far south as Hawaii, Mexico, Cuba, and Italy — phenomena that are usually only seen near the poles.

12. Also from Wikipedia.org - Geomagnetic Storm

On March 13, 1989 a severe geomagnetic storm caused the collapse of the Hydro-Québec power grid in a matter of seconds as equipment protection relays tripped in a cascading sequence of events. Six million people were left without power for nine hours, with significant economic loss. The storm even caused auroras as far south as Texas.

13. Petroglyphs document some of these ancient electromagnetic events as described in the below articles.
The Squatter Man / Tree of Life | Petroglyphs (rock art) evidence
Plasma, Solar Outbursts, and the End of the Last Ice Age
Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current, Z-Pinch Aurora as Recorded in Antiquity
This article is an Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) publication: Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current Z-Pinch Aurora as Recorded in Antiquity Part II
edit on 31-5-2011 by zbrain75 because: Grammer correction and change from quote to external quote.

+1 more 
posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You know, it is good that you have put this together in an unbiased way. i believe what you have written and my own research is parrallel to yours. it seems you have more time than me to put it all together. So from me S+F

I believe there is a large body lurking somewhere out there, in affect, this becomes the cause for extra unknown comets, asteroids etc.

The elliptic plane , from my research, is approaching as our solar sytem crosses over. I beleive we are on the fringe of this eliptical plane and there must be a cause and effect associated with it. For the past 25 years I have noticed a quickening of things so to speak. I look at this subjectively without bias.

Many years ago an electrical engineer told me a similar thing but he said it would not be an issue till the mid 2010 to 2018 mark. He also said that it was based on electro magnetic interferance external to our planet. he was involved with the Airforce in Woomera, Australia.he is dead now through cancer.

I claim Elenin is nothing more than small comet. I also do not beleive in niburu and the all the associated crap.

I do re iterate, that my research leads me to a simialr conclusion that there is a large body lurking.

I have studied in depth the science of Semiotics. I believe that 90% of humans are asleep and in denial of some key things in this physical world. There is also a lot of things that the general population is not being told.

At the end of the day it is our individual consciousness that enables us to make informed descions and to act on a higher instinctual level. Without question there is going to be a significant purging within humanity in my lifetime.

What do we do in the meantime?

Make everyday count

Peace and love to you

+11 more 
posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am an electrical engineer currently working in the information technology field. I have a reasonably good understanding of electric charge, magnetics, and capacitance. This is a bit technical but I would like to discuss charge and capacitance in order to provide more complete information of some of the phenomenon that is expected to occur. A model of a capacitor includes two charge plates separated by a dielectric. Simply stated, the plates are conductors of electricity in parallel to each other separated by a dielectric (non-conducting) surface which prevents current from flowing between the two plates. These two plates separated by a dielectric form a capacitor and that capacitor can hold electric charge. If you hook one plate to the positive side of a battery, and the other plate to the negative side of a battery, you will charge the capacitor. The capacitor will stay charged after you remove it from the battery because positive charge is attracted to negative charge and that energy holds them in place across the dielectric.
Dielectric
Capacitor

Some good electrical insulators include glass and a vacuum. We are told that space is a vacuum and that is partially correct. Normally space is a vacuum and is a good insulator which prevents electrical charge from flowing. Now take a sun which is a massive nuclear reactor and place it in a center area and surround it with planets revolving around it in the dielectric of space. Each of those planets will pick up energy (positive and/or negative) from that massive nuclear reactor. The massive nuclear reactor produces energy of all types (light, magnetic, and various radiation some of which may be harmful to life and other types may not). Therefore each planet would tend to have a different electrical charge. Potential voltages between planets may be incredible and the relative charges may have a natural attraction to jump from one planet to another. This may not be possible while space is a good insulator but if space becomes cluttered with charged (both negative and positively charged) gas (hydrogen and helium) molecules, its ability to conduct electricity may increase and allow charge to flow between heavenly bodies. This would tend to happen as our solar system enters the magnetic ribbon in space. One effect of this may be birkeland currents.

This article discusses birkeland currents and the planets.
The Solar System

Each planet has a 'plasma sheath' - a well known electrical phenomenon - the size and shape of which is determined by the difference between the electrical potential (voltage) of the planet and that of the nearby solar plasma. The shape of this plasma sheath is usually a tear-drop or wind-sock shape, the pointed end facing away from the sun. The boundary of this sheath is a double layer that separates the planet's surrounding plasma from the solar plasma. The plasma sheath of Venus is extremely long, almost touching the Earth when the two planets are at their closest approach. Jupiter's plasma sheath has the same relationship with Saturn. Recently NASA astronomers have discovered what they call 'stringy things' in the long plasma tail of Venus. Such twisted (stringy) filaments are exactly the paths Birkeland currents take in plasmas. Apparently Venus is discharging an electrical current. The plasma tails of all the planets today are in the dark current mode of operation. But were they always thus? The ancients reported that Venus once was seen to have a fiery tail and 'twisted hair'.

This article discusses the potential electrical interaction between comets and planets. It discusses planet X also but I do not have information to neither conform nor deny the existence of planet X.
Is Gliese 581 Nibiru or Planet X?

But to the greatest danger facing our World it is not from the horrific effects a massive Global Cooling event would have upon us, warn Russian scientists, but rather it is from the rising potential of our Earth being struck by, or “electrically interacting” with, a comet emanating from the currently destabilizing Oort Cloud from which these ‘space missiles’ are being increasingly hurled into our Solar System. One such “electrical interaction” between these Oort Cloud “space missiles” plunging into our inner Solar System towards the Sun is occurring now, and offering further evidence supporting these Russian scientists claims after its discovery this week by Australian amateur astronomer Alan Watson who found this ‘new comet’ while inspecting images obtained by NASA’s STEREO-A’s Hemispheric Imager.

edit on 31-5-2011 by zbrain75 because: Change from quote to external quote.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I could have put much more content in here but this is already too long. My purpose is to warn people about the electromagnetic events in the future and help provide information for additional research about other related topics including the possible black dwarf and comets. I am fairly certain that many governments expect something fairly extreme to happen based upon their preparation.

Conclusion:
There will be a major disruption of power and electronics in the future. Be prepared for it. Don't depend upon electrical machines for your water, food, heat, information, or transportation. It is possible that EMP pulses may destroy the ability for cars and trucks to function. Backup power systems may work but don't depend upon them for your survival. EMP may damage backup power equipment.

I do not know whether there is an additional threat such as a planet called Nibiru nor a dwarf star. There may be some evidence for it but I have not found anything conclusive yet. Some of the articles I linked to, above, mention it and call it out as fact but I do not yet see the supporting evidence. I consider the speculation of that subject without supporting evidence to be a waste of time that would be better spent in preparation for what we already know will happen.

I believe there is more to this and my research is continuing. I plan to try to get more information regarding planetary effects related to this including extreme weather, earthquakes, and tidal waves.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zbrain75

A diesel engine without electronics will not be affected. If it is conected to a generator, the generator will need to be OFF at the time when the disturbance STARTS.

To protect a battery it will need to be isolated before the disturbance starts , to protect the cells.

Any thoughts on isolation techniques?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

One thing worth reading - as a start to what could happen - is the said CARRINGTON Report , may be found via en.wikipedia. This explains in clear detail how telegraph lines remained active after they were disconnected from power supply batteries. Something made possible by Solar Flares plus CME's. In 1859 there were brief town to town spreads of perhaps telegraph lines etc. But the Globe was in no way so well layed out as it is today. Its like a large round circuiot board and yes, IF the Sun does decide to discharge CME's toward this planet, then nothing is safe. I am not trying to offer advice, far from it, but I am doing my best to try and find out just what precautionary measures must be gathered to at least offer a future to our Sons and Daughters plus our precious Grandchildren. After reading for instance how Russia had ordered the speedy construction of 5,000 underground shelters. I reckoned our Governments were certainly holding back on some important, oncoming threat. After searching continually I found pages that mentioned one 1958 ARGUS event. That shocked the living daylights out of me, for its something i had never heard of before. I can see quite clearly now why NASA showed us a drawing suggesting the VAN ALLEN BELT was knocked out of shape. Could see - from what I read - how the said V.A Belt has a hole in it and how a less defensive magnetic field could now help weaken the oncoming possible CME's. Leaves one in doubt even more now, for is it the possible Solar attack - caused by nature - that is being prepared??? Or is someone going to repeat the said 1958 Argus event on a more professed scale ??? That in turn creates the chance of a speedy - fast as the speed of light - EMP storm in either selected areas, or maybe across the whole Globe?? I don't know, and wrote this hoping that someone more learned than I will return a flow of Links they too have found and seen as positive proof.

Whatever is going to happen, I doubt the threat of maximum Tsunami's. For if this was on the drawing board, then how safe would underground shelters be for those who know more than us??

Will do my best to stick to this one field unless someone offers a better way of hopefully learning more.
so "Thank You zbrain75, for you have given further support to that which I so far reckoned. By the way, other fields of advice already read, explain several highly important issues;
1. They show actual photos of transformers burnt to a cinder back in the 80's when Canada was blacked out by EMP
2. Transformers are not made in America anymore, or the UK come to think of it, but would have to be imported from China, Japan, or maybe Australia. Yet they could be hit by the EMP and so how could their factories continue to work or operate ??
3.Network, mobile phones, drinking water supplies, hospitals, fire services, in fact everything could become non operative, and we would surely be literally close to square one would we not??
Bye for for
Steaming

+1 more 
posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Despite the (apparent) work and effort to compile....

....my eyebrows can't help but prepare for the inevitable approach of my palm, when I see so many of the "references" link to the likes of:

'bibliotecapleyades.net' AND, that "darling" of ATS ---- wnd.net.

I thing there is enough fear-mongering, for one decade already.....and barely into it, first year......

(Well....at least the word "Proof!" doesn't appear in the thread title. That's something.....)

edit on Tue 31 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

You are correct that a diesel engine should still function. However any other electronics in a diesel vehicle may be damaged which includes the starter (a motor with windings inside). It is difficult to say whether a battery could be protected. The plates in a battery can obviously conduct electricity so they would absorb some EMP energy. I am not sure if this would cause any of the plates to short together. I suppose it depends on how extreme the EMP is, how hot the battery gets, and whether any metal breaks loose in the battery. I would have a concern that the battery acid could get hot and shoot out of the battery. I know transformers are damaged due to the heat produced by the EMP energy and where electronics are concerned, transformers are fairly rugged. The transformers in the electrical grid case are connected to long transmission lines that will pick up the EMP energy and transmit it to the transformers and batteries and most other equipment is not. However, I would expect the effect on the battery to be dependent on the strength of the EMP and its duration.
I was once in a freak electrical storm that was nothing but lightning (without rain) hitting a river that we lived next to. I knew wires could pick up sympathetic voltage from the lightning strikes but did not expect small metal objects to be a danger. An instant after I told my wife that touching a doorknob may be safe because it was so small, another lightning strike hit the river and I heard the nearby doorknob click with electrostatic energy. Then I said, "well...maybe not". So I would not count on much. If lightning can have that strong of an effect, how much greater would EMP pulses of the magnitude described in these articles be?
The only way to keep electronics safe would be to shield it in a perfect or at least near perfect electromagnetic shield (since a perfect shield is not possible to be built). It would only be safe while in the shield. If removed and another pulse occurred, the electronic device could be damaged.

+5 more 
posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Earth is a tiny thing that whirls through the unknowns of space at 50,000MPH...

Something is bound to happen.

/shrug, nothin' I can do about it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by steaming

I am not trying to offer advice, far from it, but I am doing my best to try and find out just what precautionary measures must be gathered to at least offer a future to our Sons and Daughters plus our precious Grandchildren.

Everything you said is spot on, especially the above statement which is the reason for this post. We must at least be prepared to make the lifestyle changes required. My intent is not to scare but to get people to think about what may happen and make some preparations. This may save some lives. It is difficult to say how extreme things may get (governments may know) so I don't know if the extremes of building underground shelters would be required for survival (obviously many people think so).

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Just an uneducated thought, as most of this is way over my head... It sounds like we have the opportunity to store massive amounts of electricity if we thought it through. What would happen if we made this a universal recharge ?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Check out this 2010 NASA article:
Mystery of the Giant Ribbon, Solved?
It is hard to say if this is intended to remove concern about this area of space whether or not it is a potential threat. It is curious that the article states "We believe the ribbon is a reflection" yet also later states "Now we know, there could be a strong, well-organized magnetic field sitting right on our doorstep. The IBEX data fit in nicely with recent results from Voyager. Voyager 1 and 2 are near the edge of the solar system and they also have sensed strong* magnetism nearby.".

It wraps up with:

The solar system is passing through a region of the Milky Way filled with cosmic rays and interstellar clouds. The magnetic field of our own sun, inflated by the solar wind into a bubble called the "heliosphere," substantially protects us from these things. However, the bubble itself is vulnerable to external fields. A strong magnetic field just outside the solar system could press against the heliosphere and interact with it in unknown ways. Will this strengthen our natural shielding—or weaken it? No one can say.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSpeech
Just an uneducated thought, as most of this is way over my head... It sounds like we have the opportunity to store massive amounts of electricity if we thought it through. What would happen if we made this a universal recharge ?

It would be a virtually unlimited energy supply if it could be safely harnessed and used. It would be like collecting, storing and using the energy from lighting. It would be a nice trick and hopefully can be done someday.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This was the original NASA article regarding the discovery of the magnetic ribbon in October of 2009:
Giant Ribbon Discovered at the Edge of the Solar System
The follow up article from NASA in December 2009:
Voyager Makes an Interstellar Discovery

Astronomers call the cloud we're running into now the Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" for short. It's about 30 light years wide and contains a wispy mixture of hydrogen and helium atoms at a temperature of 6000 C. The existential mystery of the Fluff has to do with its surroundings. About 10 million years ago, a cluster of supernovas exploded nearby, creating a giant bubble of million-degree gas. The Fluff is completely surrounded by this high-pressure supernova exhaust and should be crushed or dispersed by it. "The observed temperature and density of the local cloud do not provide enough pressure to resist the 'crushing action' of the hot gas around it," says Opher. So how does the Fluff survive? The Voyagers have found an answer. "Voyager data show that the Fluff is much more strongly magnetized than anyone had previously suspected—between 4 and 5 microgauss*," says Opher. "This magnetic field can provide the extra pressure required to resist destruction."

The fact that the Fluff is strongly magnetized means that other clouds in the galactic neighborhood could be, too. Eventually, the solar system will run into some of them, and their strong magnetic fields could compress the heliosphere even more than it is compressed now. Additional compression could allow more cosmic rays to reach the inner solar system, possibly affecting terrestrial climate and the ability of astronauts to travel safely through space. On the other hand, astronauts wouldn't have to travel so far because interstellar space would be closer than ever. These events would play out on time scales of tens to hundreds of thousands of years, which is how long it takes for the solar system to move from one cloud to the next.

So this leaves one to wonder, which NASA article is the accurate one and why does the one written on January 15, 2010 seem to downplay the situation?
edit on 31-5-2011 by zbrain75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Given that the solar system resides north of the galactic plane and is traveling north of the galactic plane at the rate of 7 kilometers per second, that means we’ll be farther out from the galactic plane in 2012 than we are at present.

Yes, the sun and the stars of our galaxy revolve around the center of the Milky Way. The astronomer Ken Croswell (in his article The Brightest Red Dwarf in the July 2002 issue of Sky & Telescope magazine) reports, “As they orbit the Milky Way, stars bob up and down through the galactic plane like horses on a merry-go-round.” Our sun stands as no exception. According to the astronomer Karen Masters, the sun crosses the galactic plane in periods of about 35 million years. One revolution of the sun around the galactic center takes an estimated 230 million years.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I also do not beleive in niburu and the all the associated crap. I do re iterate, that my research leads me to a simialr conclusion that there is a large body lurking.
reply to post by guessing

Can you elaborate on this? Just curious and asking....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Very interesting thread

I've created one aout the fluffy cloud or ribbon. You might like it. Maybe you find some ifo you were unaware of.
It's called :

Could the galactic dust cloud be the same as the Photon belt ? (True science meets fringe theories )

Enjoy !

~Sinter

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Your comment reminded me of this article posted a few months ago:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is evident that we are still barely starting to learn about the galaxy and the universe in general. Everyday we are learning new things and tweaking our picture of reality. I find it all fascinating. While there is no harm in being prepared, I try not to get too worked up about it. These things take millions of years to play out. We don't know what is going to happen or how long it will take.

To the original poster, great work. I really appreciate that you took an unbiased viewpoint, for the most part.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectBlue

Yes it was that original article I saw maybe 2 years ago but it wasn't until earlier this year the story resurfaces so I looked into it. I stumbled upon an article by Phil Plait explaining that our sun is indeed native of the Milky Way by one very clear reason. The majority of the stars in the Milky Way have a similar elemental makeup, as the stars from the Sagittarius dwarf galaxy the Milky Way is consuming, and the two signatures are significantly different.

I found the link, give it a quick read.
Our sun is from another galaxy?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join