It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Bloody Business

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

A Bloody Business

www.abc.net.au

Right now in northern Australia, ships are being readied to load thousands of cattle to be transported to Indonesia where they will be fattened in feedlots and sent to abattoirs for slaughter. Australia sends about 500,000 cattle there each year in a trade worth more than $300 million. Six million cattle have been sent to Indonesia since the trade began two decades ago, supplying a growing demand for beef.

Despite industry assurances that the welfare of cattle sent to Indonesia is "generally good", Four Corners reveals that many thousands of these animals die slow and hideous deaths. Four
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The additional link is the video ( story ) ... A Bloody Business - Video

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Serafine

This thread gave me goosebumps and made my stomach turn. literally flip flopped. I am outraged and sickened and heartbroken all at the same time. I grew up on a farm and love all animals and know the personalities that each animal has and it kills me the way that they are being mistreated! Great thread. More people need to be made aware of this. We have to get it out there. Star for this thread.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Toseekthetruth

Toseekthetruth I agree...

We're planning on sending this story and video link in emails around the world to various connections / friends... Hope many others do likewise. It is not easy to watch this story / video, but a picture / film tells a thousand stories and it is good that these animals have people telling their story.

Fight the Good Fight... every minute, everyday.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Whilst it is sickening, The cattle are feeding hungry humans.

So what is the solution?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You know, i live in cattle country, and know more ranchers than i have fingers and toes. None of them treat their animals this way. None of them.

I can't figure out who actually does, other than corporations that produce corporate meats. And i am once again reminded by corporations should be abolished: they are not accountable.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Originally posted by guessing
Whilst it is sickening, The cattle are feeding hungry humans.

So what is the solution?

guessing, did you watch the video? ----> A Bloody Business - Video

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
We are sending these animals to be killed, chopped up and placed on our dinner plate.

a little hypocritical to be crying because they arent being sent to the slaughter house in 5 star accomodation?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
We are sending these animals to be killed, chopped up and placed on our dinner plate.

a little hypocritical to be crying because they arent being sent to the slaughter house in 5 star accomodation?

Agit8dChop, did you watch the whole video story? and who is "We"? Are these animals ending up on your plate? Are you living in Indonesia?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I think the point is there are humane ways to slaughter the animals and prior to that they should be treated decently. Over and above the fact that it's the right thing to do; animals subjected to that treatment release adrenaline and excess hormones that are not healthy for us to consume.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I am not a vegetarian by any stretch. However, Pythagorean thought seems to resonate with me, and gives me something to work towards in general. One of his better thoughts, in my estimation:

As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other.
Pythagoras

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
OP, thank you for posting this.

I hope that most people will watch the video, and understand that this goes on not just in the four corners slaughterhouses, but all around the world as well.

I do not how someone can say, well its going to be dead anyway, kill it however you want....to say this seems unthinkable to me.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

No, its actually rather simple minded to pretend that being killed is just as bad no matter how it is done or how long it takes, or how you are treated in advance of your death.

You are essentially saying "they are going to die, why worry how?"

Any normal human would immediately know "why you worry how" is because the how of a death is much more important that the fact of a death. And if you doubt it for an instance, volunteer to have your skin peeled off without anesthesia while you are alive, over the course of three full days rather than to be killed by lethal injection or some such. You wouldnt, we all know you wouldnt, and you know you wouldnt.

So dont be trite. You care how another living being is treated and how much it suffers because that matters to all human beings that arent dysfunctional wastes of life.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hey I couldnt agree more, I think they should be treated humanely and atleast not have to suffer. I just find it rather ironic... we are complaining because the transport to their death isnt comfortable.

Its like using an alcohol swap on the arm of someone getting a lethal injection!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Hey I couldnt agree more, I think they should be treated humanely and atleast not have to suffer. I just find it rather ironic... we are complaining because the transport to their death isnt comfortable.

Its like using an alcohol swap on the arm of someone getting a lethal injection!

Agit8dChop, I asked you if you watched the whole video / story. It doesn't appear, from your posts, that you understand it at all, or what this thread concerns. I will ask again. Have you watched the video / story?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
You do realize that in the States alone one million cattle are being killed an hour for the fast-food industry.

It's just pointing the finger elsewhere.

It's horrible what we do to other living creatures.

peace

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
There are certianly more humane ways of butchering cattle. I believe the issue is cost, people want cheap meat and companies want to save money any way they can. As long as the people of Indonesia are ok with it I dont see it changing anytime soon. The best you can do as a individuell is to make sure the meat that you consume is humanly dealt with. That why I pay extra for cage free eggs and organic beef, it costs more but gives me piece of mind.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

Originally posted by sevensheeps

You do realize that in the States alone one million cattle are being killed an hour for the fast-food industry.

It's just pointing the finger elsewhere.

It's horrible what we do to other living creatures.

peace

sevensheeps, did you watch the video of the story? It's not about pointing a finger "elsewhere", as it deals with specific issues. As well... elsewhere from "where"? The U.S.? The States? Any abattoir / Slaughterhouse in the U.S. caught treating animals as in this thread, will face serious consequences and prison. It's outright illegal in the U.S. and most the world.

As "A Bloody Business" concerns Australian "Live Cattle" sent to Indonesia, I will also point out that anyone caught treating cattle like that in Australia will face severe fines and prison.

I hope people that have the bandwidth and allowance, watch the story. I am very interested in what people have to say about it. Again, I will say, it is not easy to watch and I hope people watch all of it. The story isn't about slaughtering animals as an industry... it's about HOW they are treated and HOW they are slaughtered in Indonesia.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Business as usual or......

Dinner as usual....

If you think Indonesia gives two flying flips about how a dumb cow feels
then you have been living under a rock..

Or if you think Australia is going to stop their 300 mill business they got going.

Just be glad your on top of the food chain and enjoy your burger..

Quit being pansies over this stuff, where you think food comes from?

If your family had to eat and was starving to death, I do not think you would give
two flips about how you killed your next meal..

edit on 2-6-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
Business as usual or......

Dinner as usual....

If you think Indonesia gives two flying flips about how a dumb cow feels
then you have been living under a rock..

Or if you think Australia is going to stop their 300 mill business they got going.

Just be glad your on top of the food chain and enjoy your burger..

Animals aren't dumb. Besides, if dumb WERE the measure of how to treat another being was the criteria, you'd be in trouble,not the cows.

B the way, we're not the top of the food chain, just so you know.

I always thought humans should strive for something other than knuckle dragging and grunting and sheer cruelty. I guess some dont.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join