It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serbia extradites Ratko Mladic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Serbia extradites Ratko Mladic

english.aljazeera.net

Ratko Mladic, the former Bosnian Serb army commander, has been extradited from Serbia to stand trial on charges of war crimes and genocide in The Hague.

The 69-year-old former military commander on Tuesday arrived at the detention unit of the UN-backed court where he will stand trial.

"Mladic, who was arrested by Serbian authorities on Thursday May 26, 2011, has been admitted to the UN Detention Unit in The Hague," the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) announced in a statement.

He joins Radovan Karadzic, his former Bosnian Serb political chief, who is
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I apologise if this has been previously postedm a search has yielded no results thus far.

This is clearly good news, which we were all expecting to happen since Ratko's capture. I hope he gets what he deserves although I would argue that his trial won't bring justice. The trial will last for an extended period (I wouldn't be suprised if he is dead before he is proven guilty) all the while he'll be living in relative luxury in Holand. His cell will have a nice bed and TV and he will be fed decently. However I must say I am happy that the families of lost lives will be able to finally have some closure.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
He is not a great person!! I really hope he commits suicide before someone gets of hold of him..I remember every little detail about what happened in Bosnia..I wish that it never happened, but Bosnian like me I have to deal with PTSD for the rest of my life..And Seeing my family gunned down and shot right in front of me was not what a child should see..Even thought I 25 and I am truly happy here in the U.S. I want him to feel the pain that i feel every single day..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I was listening to BBC Radio 5 last night talking about this. They had a guy in Belgrade interviewing folk on the street there. Half the people are in favour of it and half against, it seems. But pro- or anti-, the fact is that in today's world Serbia cannot really live up to any potential it may have as a nation without further trade, co-operation, and integration with the EU and the West in general, lest they wish to remain as a pariah, and a second rate Russian client-state (many in the Russian government see Russia as a rightful guardian of Slavic peoples).

In the end I don't think the Serbian government therefore have much choice in whether or not to extradite him.

For my part I do not think it is ever just to target for death unarmed civilians in any conflict, whatever their ethnicity or religion, and those who do this must be brought to book. There doesn't really seem to be much in the way of doubt about his guilt, but due process must be seen to be done, otherwise we are not ourselves qualified to convict the wrongdoers. For a justice system to be seen to have real legitimacy, it must be seen to be morally superior to the criminals who pass through it, even if that doesn't always work out in real life.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lovealltrustfew
He is not a great person!! I really hope he commits suicide before someone gets of hold of him..I remember every little detail about what happened in Bosnia..I wish that it never happened, but Bosnian like me I have to deal with PTSD for the rest of my life..And Seeing my family gunned down and shot right in front of me was not what a child should see..Even thought I 25 and I am truly happy here in the U.S. I want him to feel the pain that i feel every single day..

Oh your Bosnian yes? well your Bosnian Muslims soldiers raped serbian women, and even children i know that because i have family members freinds from bosnia

The mainstream news outlets were one sided, westerns dont even know what really went down in bosina, you Bosnians started the war first by firing and killing people at a wedding.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You know what at least I didn't rape any woman or children or putting people in concentration camps. Get the bloody facts right. I fought for the #ing Serbian army..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lovealltrustfew
You know what at least I didn't rape any woman or children or putting people in concentration camps. Get the bloody facts right. I fought for the #ing Serbian army..

The sad reality is, all of three tribes were used by the elites, and that scum George Soro he runs much all of the Serbian news networks today

As for that claim about that concentration camp it wasn't was a concentration camp it was a refugee camp, ITN crated a misleading head line to gain the support for the war, i dont believe all the serb soldiers killed any bosnian Muslims, dont forget there were Islamic terrorists in bosina and there are still in bosnia.

Watch The Hoax

It wasn't a concentration camp it was a refugee camp, mainstream news outlets were on a crusader campaign agaisnt all serbs.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Your are right and I am sorry for what I have said I should Not be pointing fingers..For whatever is worth I feel that Bosnian and Serbs were in the wrong for killing innocent people along the way..

top topics

join