It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Wake up, people!" *facepalms*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You know what makes me want to blow my brains out? People on here always saying, "Wake up, people! You all are so ignorant. Go back to watching TV and eating TV dinners. And, keep driving your SUV's and watching sports. You're so mainstream!" (Or similar to that..)
Look, you are just wasting air saying that. Maybe they have "woken up" as you guys say; they may just not agree with what the article is saying, and that's fine. If they have not woken up, don't be impolite to them about what they believe. They may believe Bin Laden was assassinated this year or whatever commercials say must be good. It doesn't make them a bad person. Honestly, when I first came here, I thought it was unpleasant being called a sheep or being told to wake up and that I'm useless to society. The thing is though, the people that tell others wake up give a pretty poor reason on why I should. They never give sources or write a decent length of information. I didn't "wake up" for what they said, I woke up because I got educated. It's hard to convince a strong Christian to become an atheist (just an example). If you say, "God isn't real," of course you aren't going to change their beliefs.

Please, I really would like this "wake up" thing to stop. It's irritating me and probably many others. If you're going to do so, give a reason to wake up.

Catswithbigpaws :3

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Good thing is some people are aware and are looking at the bigger picture. Bad thing, no one cares enough or are too distracted to do anything about it.

Truth be told, I'm one of them.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Never a good idea to wake people up in a rude fashion, anyway--either figuratively or literally.

I work in an office that I share with my boss, who happens to own the company I work for. I've found that smugly expounding on the backroom workings of the NWO isn't helpful. Makes him resentful. (I read somewhere that people tend to resent conspiracists anyway, because they seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge and won't shut up.) I have found, however, that my boss has a strong hatred of GMO "food" and a strong interest in the secret manipulators of the world's financial problems. As far as I'm concerned, those two things represent the "thin end of the wedge" for me.

You'd be amazed at how much "waking up" he's done in just the last few months....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Some people just have to let it out you know like you did, I don't think it is mean't to be directed at you personally though. Just roll with it you know what I mean?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Go to sleep.

new topics

top topics

join