It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is abortion illegal for men but not women?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This is a n idiotic topic...you are actually equating a women deciding what she wants to do with her body...to a man physically assaulting her to get what he wants from her or doesn't want

I suppose you guys think rape is OK,,,,,,if she doesn't want it but you do...go for it

I agree a man should have the right to decide whether or not he wants anything to do with this child..whether it be support or not.

Both men and women have unprotected sex all the times..if neither want a child then precautions should be taken by both. It is not only the mans job to protect against getting the women pregnant..but it should her job also to protect against pregnancy.

Neither has the right to physically make a anyone perform want that person wants,

Some of you are just so ancient and you seem to not understand that both have the right to decide what they want to do with their lives.

The courts need to stop being biased against men and let them have a decision like they allow women to.

edit on 31-5-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

There is a period in time during which an abortion is perfectly legal for the woman. However, if a man punches a pregnant woman and kills the baby during this same period of time, then he will be charged with murder. The law is somewhat inconsistent between genders about when a fetus becomes a person under the law
edit on 31-5-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This guy is a peice of $hit. You should never strike a woman.

That being said, I often wondered the same thing. It isn't fair. A woman can go and murder their baby without the father's permission, but if the father doesn't want the baby, it's too bad, he's stuck with child support for 18 years, or charged with murder for forcing her to get an abortion. If a man is forced to pay child support (don't get me wrong, a man should support any life he's created), he should have say in if the mother gets an abortion. A mother should be charged with murder if she gets an abortion without the father's permission. It's only fair.

In my eyes, all abortion should be illegal, and is murdering a baby. Life begins at conception, and anybody who gets an abortion is a murderer. That's my opinion, like it or not. But, I am a Libertarian, and beleive in true freedom, so even though I don't agree with it, if a mother wants to murder her unborn child, well, unfortunately that's her choice.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Legally, they have to switch off every other year on the child tax deduction. He needs a better lawyer!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Does the woman not control the mans body after the baby is born? If a man is faced with jail or paying money for the next 21 years, that sure sounds like a lot of control.

A different type of control, but control none the less since the male does not have a say in the matter.

I personally think it is the woman's choice but as I think I am getting off topic.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by FatedAxion

Cant say I disagree personally. But if it is her body, her choice, then why is it the man's responsibility?

It is NOT the mans responsibility. He can waive his parental rights once the baby is born, just as easily as a woman can get an abortion. Nobody forces anyone to sign a birth certificate.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denco

Cant say I disagree personally. But if it is her body, her choice, then why is it the man's responsibility?

It is NOT the mans responsibility. He can waive his parental rights once the baby is born, just as easily as a woman can get an abortion. Nobody forces anyone to sign a birth certificate.

Depends on the state. Here in Illinois, a man can be forced to take a paternity test and ordered to pay child support. If he doesn't pay, he can be jailed.

I think it's good, because a man should be responsible for a life he created, whether he wants to or not. Should have thought about that before he decided to have sex. That's why you should always pull out. The money shot's more fun anyway!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Let's ignore his method and deal with the bigger question.

If infanticide/feticide/child murder is legal for one parent, why not the other? It is simple fairness.

Precisely the point of the editorial. Socially programmed are easily confused.
There are all kinds of folks in this world, the kind who believe that it's not alright for women to abort and the kind who do, the kind who believe that it's not okay for men to murder their own child and the kind who do. A fact is that it is legal for some women to murder their own child, apparently another fact is that men feel that it is unfair to them that they aren't legally able to murder their own child. It seems that what we have here are some men who want the right to murder their own child because to them, it's the fair and right thing to do.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesul69

Depends on the state. Here in Illinois, a man can be forced to take a paternity test and ordered to pay child support. If he doesn't pay, he can be jailed.

I think it's good, because a man should be responsible for a life he created, whether he wants to or not. Should have thought about that before he decided to have sex. That's why you should always pull out. The money shot's more fun anyway!!

It's about the ability to actually support the CHILD, not vindictively forcing responsibility on the ADULT. And why on Earth should that be the sole decision of the woman when she has the most viable means of birth control at her disposal whilst you make men look like criminals?

Sorry, I'm gay, but you straight folks are just BACKWARDS with your mindsets sometimes.

Let the gender equality pendulum swing, I suppose.

And here I thought Illinois was trying to be progressive a few years ago.
edit on 31-5-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
reply to post by CobraCommander

Personally i dont see how its the womens liability? Well 100 percent anyway, takes two to tango. Yes both should take precautions, and both are to blame for the pregnancy. But its up to the women then to keep the child, if you were dead certain you Didnt want a child, you would of used protection. So would the women.

But what about men who do want the child? Can they sue for damages if the woman aborts?

They can get a court injunction and claim all custody of the child...then the woman can be sued for child support. It's been done before.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
im pro abortion

If you realise you are pregnant and cant afford to raise the kid because it gonna ruin your life,ABORT, dont create useless mouths to feed.

its pathetic to force a woman to keep a kid just because some idiots are screaming "zomg , the poor baby , you killed him" .

Im truelly ashamed to see the growing number of idiots on ATS

Im sorry if the mods decide to remove my post, i really do, but i cant keep reading ATS , a site i really like, being polluted by idiots screaming bloody murder when a fetus is aborted.

To all thoses ones, i wish you to get your life ruined by an undesired pregnancy

Sorry again mods, i guess my post gonna get removed again, but im getting used to it

Deny ignorance , BS in my opinion, as ATS turned into a religious crypto fascist website

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

That is a completely false statement. Has nothing to do with signing a birth certificate either.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

They can get a court injunction and claim all custody of the child...then the woman can be sued for child support. It's been done before.

Extremely rare that a man gets sole custody of a child, even when abuse by the mother is proven.

As far as a man legally blocking a woman from having an abortion... link please.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

If he created the life, then his consent should be required before the woman can have an abortion.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

Well, Illinois unforunately is disgustingly progressive, with idiotic lawmakers sabotaging their own efforts!! But, that is slowly changing. And more and more people are leaning to the right with their votes.

I do completely agree, supporting the child is most important, and I don't just mean financially. Actually being a father is the most important thing for the child. But, there are many men out there that are peices of crap, and at least they can be forced to financially support the child.

edit on 31-5-2011 by deesul69 because: being dumb

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

If he created the life, then his consent should be required before the woman can have an abortion.

My point exactly!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Conciliatore

Has nothing to do with religion. There's loving couples that can't have a child, and waiting lists to adopt healthy babies. There's no reason to murder a baby instead of letting a loving family that can give it a good life be happy together.

It's selfish. "Me, me, me. Oh, my life will be ruined. Wah Wah." It's disgusting that somebody would rather kill a living baby to not have to be responsible. Just purely evil.

I didn't have my life ruined by an unexpected pregnancy. I had it changed. Having that baby was the best thing that ever happened to us, and now I have two beautiful children that I would give my life for. You can't have your life ruined by a baby, just have it changed. If you didn't want a child, well, guess what. Shouldn't have had sex. What about that baby that has their life ruined by being murdered before they're even born? Doesn't seem very fair.
edit on 31-5-2011 by deesul69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

Personally, I am for abortion rights as much as I abhor the idea of it being used as a method of birth control But really, it is the hypocrisy that I simply cannot abide.

As far as paying support goes, unless the woman is married to the man, or it was a rape, I don't see it as justifiable to force a man to pay money by law to a woman based on her own choices and the decisions of a court. If the woman wants the man to support the child, then she can live under the man's roof with that child. If she doesn't like it, she can leave. If she leaves and takes that man's child from him, why should she be rewarded financially for that?

I know plenty of men who would much prefer to be taking care of their own kids in their own house, but instead are forced to send money to a loose woman for kids they never get to see.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

Well, Illinois unforunately is disgustingly progressive, with idiotic lawmakers sabotaging their own efforts!! But, that is slowly changing. And more and more people are leaning to the right with their votes.

I do completely agree, supporting the child is most important, and I don't just mean financially. Actually being a father is the most important thing for the child. But, there are many men out there that are peices of crap, and at least they can be forced to financially support the child.

Please don't use derogatory stereotypes to insult me. I wouldn't imply that somebody is thinking backwards and relate that to their sexual preference, so I expect the same respect. There's no room for descrimination on ATS.

The law is not all paper.

It isn't bullied by unjust morons preaching law semantics as often as Hollywood and CNN would have you believe.

Sigh...
... What did I say that was derogatory? Straight folks?

I have no idea how it must feel to be so offended.
edit on 31-5-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

Group homes are filled with kids that never got adopted, and who are regularly abused, often sexually.

I have known more than one person that was adopted, and the majority have said they would rather have not been born at all. A few have been suicides over the years too.

Adoption is no the answer. Not that abortion is necessarily either.

I just think that we would see FAR fewer unwanted pregnancies across the board if women weren't coddled by the system and instead were held accountable for how they manage their OWN sexual responsibilities. As it is right now, becoming pregnant is an entrepreneurial activity for women.
edit on 31-5-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join