It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is abortion illegal for men but not women?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

it isnt.... thing is woman activists have been very busy, and will continue to be so, lobbying for the right to control their bodies. That is as it should be, no man should ever be able to tell a woman what she can and can not do with her body.

There has not however been an equal amount of lobbying on mens part to obtain rights that would expand their role in determination of a child. If a woman becomes pregnant and wants to keep the baby she should have to consult with the potential father. its still her choice, but men need to be able to weigh in perhaps. how this would be achieved is beyond me. Also I freely admit that this contentious issue will never be solved as long as men think that they can control another humans body.

a court can force a person to have surgery against their will, i am just waiting for the day a court forces an abortion or forces a woman to carry to term what she doesnt want. the entire country would fall to pieces.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by hotbakedtater

If abortion is taking responsibility, then why do men not have that same option? Particularly if a man knows that he cannot afford a child as much as he might want to be a father.
I am sure if a male falls preganat he can get an abortion. Why would a man have the abortion option when it is biologically impossible for him to become in the condition required to obtain abortion?

The question that should be asked is why are men having sex who do not want children?

Why should a woman be able to sue a man for money he does not have simply because she chose to have sex?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by arriana

reply to post by hotbakedtater

If abortion is taking responsibility, then why do men not have that same option? Particularly if a man knows that he cannot afford a child as much as he might want to be a father.

Because it is not his body that is undergoing a medical procedure maybe? Don't know how many times you have to be told this, but if he doesn't want a child, he needs to use a condom or keep it in his pants. It really is that simple.

If I were a cynical woman I may think this is less about you wanting equal rights and more about wanting more control over women. But luckily I am more open minded than that

Not his body, not his, choice, not his responsibility. If she can't afford to raise a child, then she should have made sure she didn't get pregnant.

I agree. But that does not give the father the right to force the mother into a medical procedure does it?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Where is the double standard??
LOL, can you seriously ask that? The double standard is that(in most cases) both the man and the woman chose to have sex. If the woman did not want children why did she make that choice? If she realizes she made a mistake SHE can legally murder the child. If he realizes he made a mistake HE cannot. How is that NOT a double standard?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Not his body, not his, choice, not his responsibility. If she can't afford to raise a child, then she should have made sure she didn't get pregnant.

dude, last i checked it takes TWO to make a baby

Yet only one has the choice.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

it isnt.... thing is woman activists have been very busy, and will continue to be so, lobbying for the right to control their bodies. That is as it should be, no man should ever be able to tell a woman what she can and can not do with her body.

There has not however been an equal amount of lobbying on mens part to obtain rights that would expand their role in determination of a child. If a woman becomes pregnant and wants to keep the baby she should have to consult with the potential father. its still her choice, but men need to be able to weigh in perhaps. how this would be achieved is beyond me. Also I freely admit that this contentious issue will never be solved as long as men think that they can control another humans body.

a court can force a person to have surgery against their will, i am just waiting for the day a court forces an abortion or forces a woman to carry to term what she doesnt want. the entire country would fall to pieces.

It's not "her" body that is the real issue here. It is the body of an unborn child.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

then he should have kept it in his pants as well

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

ah you forget, possession is 9/10ths of the law. once the woman is inseminated, those little swimmers become her property, a gift. so the man no longer owns those and she has the sole choice of weather to keep the gift that keeps on costing or abort.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I agree. But that does not give the father the right to force the mother into a medical procedure does it?

Perhaps not. But then again. Why should the man be forced to endure the termination of his seed against his will, except in cases of rape? If she chose to have sex with a man, what gives her the right to be the exclusive arbiter of abortion?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

then he should have kept it in his pants as well

There is no "as well." Thats the point.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

an orange is part of the orange tree until its picked. it is part of her body and not a separate entity until it is born eg.viable. that is the law, my opinion is irrelevant to that issue. As is yours.
edit on 31-5-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Fine. Her property, her bill. Does the pet store give you free puppy food until the dog is grown, by law?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

dude, last i checked it takes TWO to make a baby

Yet only one has the choice.

No, no no! Now repeat after me ...

"I don't want a child right now, I better use a condom!"

Say it 5 times to maximise retention.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

an orange is part of the orange tree until its picked. it is part of her body and not a separate entity until it is born. that is the law, my opinion is irrelevant to that issue. As is yours.

That is the debate surrounding abortion. Some people agree with you, some do not. But just because something is the law, doesn't make it right. The law used to say blacks could be bought and sold as property.

The law also says a judge can order a teenage boy to pay support to his rapist.
edit on 31-5-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Perhaps not. But then again. Why should the man be forced to endure the termination of his seed against his will, except in cases of rape? If she chose to have sex with a man, what gives her the right to be the exclusive arbiter of abortion?

Because SHE has the final say on what happens to HER body, just as you do with yours. If you cannot grasp this simple idea, you do not see women your equal and I am done with this thread.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

often when buying high end pure breeds yes in a way that is true as well. Having purchased a Tibetan mastiff from a well known breeder we had to sign a contract to purchase all food supplies from the breeder for 2 years, until the pup reached adulthood. unfortunately that is not an uncommon practice.

I think its silly and an abuse myself, the pup story. I have 3 children by 2 ex-wives. it is my responsibility to provide food clothing and medical support etc to MY children. that is exactly as i believe it should be. MY children deserve MY support.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by arriana

Wanting a child and being able to pay for a child are two different things. Something a lot of women out there need to wake up and realize.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arriana

"HER" "HER" equal?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Its your child to, aswell as the womens, if your pushing the women into abortion its both your 'mistake'. If money and child maintanence are your only concern thats just wrong, you keep mentioning money. You have to help that child grow, help it. Its not 100 percent you HAVE to pay support money, you can have an agreement with the mother to the billing or maybe she will even say dont sweat it.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Wolvo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I am not saying that men should never pay support. But I think it should be their choice.

A contract in fact should be in order, like marriage.

EDIT to add: And you kind of missed the point of my comparison. The breeder doesn't have to give you the food, they expect you to buy it from them. Just the opposite of what I was saying actually.
edit on 31-5-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join