Why is abortion illegal for men but not women?

page: 3
21
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by arriana
 


hear hear!




posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by FatedAxion
reply to post by CobraCommander
 


Last time I checked, it's not only the man's responsibility. But if a man doesn't want a kid, he can simply waive his parental rights. My sister's baby-daddy did this very thing not six months ago, and he doesn't owe her a dime.
If a man does not want children why is he having sex?
The same could be asked of women who abort. I suggested in another thread that the women could avoid pregnancy by keeping their legs closed. You are making the same suggestion towards men. Again, why the double standard?
No double standard. Abortion is but one of a female's reproductive chgoices. Men have other options available. In fact, abortion is taking responsiblity for her actions. Where is the double standard??



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
it's a provocative idea mostly because a woman can have a relatively mundane and sanitary procedure to effect the abortion, while a man must resort to violence if the mother wants to carry the child

it really makes you think about abortion as a violent act of murder in the end, and not a mundane and sanitary procedure



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater
 


Here is one study which show the effect of sex on women...

LINK

edit on 31-5-2011 by CobraCommander because: Trying to fix link



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater
 


If abortion is taking responsibility, then why do men not have that same option? Particularly if a man knows that he cannot afford a child as much as he might want to be a father.



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander
 


I really can't see how you can be justifiying a male to recieve the right to get his girlfriend or what have you to get an abortion. Its just plain and simple, its tough luck, its to late. You should of thought of the outcome before having unprotected sex. I'd say the same to girls having abortions, in extreme cases yes e.g rape victims.



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Abortion is murder.

Problem solved.



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
the simple choice for men is a vasectomy. and yes they are reversible but not 100% yet. men only have 3 choices when it comes to birth control, condoms abstinence or a vasectomy.

Having paid child support for many years now (35% of my gross income) there is no financial waving of responsibility unless the child is put up for adoption or the former spouse/girlfriends new man adopts the child. there are no other resources for men in this country. at all

short true story.

when my wife walked out she left me with a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old she was never forced to pay support, yes at the time i was on public assistance. after 2 years she took custody of the children...i was immediately forced to begin paying child support by the county and state.

BTW my opinion on the guy in the article... he should be imprisoned for attempted murder.



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by hotbakedtater
 


If abortion is taking responsibility, then why do men not have that same option? Particularly if a man knows that he cannot afford a child as much as he might want to be a father.


Because it is not his body that is undergoing a medical procedure maybe? Don't know how many times you have to be told this, but if he doesn't want a child, he needs to use a condom or keep it in his pants. It really is that simple.

If I were a cynical woman I may think this is less about you wanting equal rights and more about wanting more control over women. But luckily I am more open minded than that



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldita
Abortion is murder.

Problem solved.
I absolutely agree, but for the purposes of the debate I wanted to play devil's advocate.



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
an addendum to my last post men do have one other option, they can sue for custody of the child, often, and i have seen this first had, a woman will claim suddenly that it is not his child forcing the man to put out even more money to fund a DNA test to prove paternity, but first he has to hire a lawyer and go through the court system to get a court order to obtain the DNA. The USA system of family management is very heavily weighted in favor of the woman, men have no rights once the woman is inseminated. none at all.

Also the man would continue to pay support throughout the battle until DNA established the child isn't his, the claims of the mother in that regard, not being his child, in no way waves his responsibility to pay support.
edit on 31-5-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
the simple choice for men is a vasectomy. and yes they are reversible but not 100% yet. men only have 3 choices when it comes to birth control, condoms abstinence or a vasectomy.

Having paid child support for many years now (35% of my gross income) there is no financial waving of responsibility unless the child is put up for adoption or the former spouse/girlfriends new man adopts the child. there are no other resources for men in this country. at all

short true story.

when my wife walked out she left me with a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old she was never forced to pay support, yes at the time i was on public assistance. after 2 years she took custody of the children...i was immediately forced to begin paying child support by the county and state.

BTW my opinion on the guy in the article... he should be imprisoned for attempted murder.



Excellent post.

I just wanted to add about vasectomy too. The largest proportion of unwanted pregnancies are among young people. It is unreasonable to expect that a teenage guy or a guy in his early 20's is going to get a vasectomy and never be able to have children. And if anyone were to even suggest that women should be sterilized people would go insane with the flaming.



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by hotbakedtater
 


If abortion is taking responsibility, then why do men not have that same option? Particularly if a man knows that he cannot afford a child as much as he might want to be a father.
I am sure if a male falls preganat he can get an abortion. Why would a man have the abortion option when it is biologically impossible for him to become in the condition required to obtain abortion?

The question that should be asked is why are men having sex who do not want children?



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer
 





men have no rights once the woman is inseminated. none at all.
This is fair and equal protection under the law exactly how?



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
reply to post by CobraCommander
 


I really can't see how you can be justifiying a male to recieve the right to get his girlfriend or what have you to get an abortion. Its just plain and simple, its tough luck, its to late. You should of thought of the outcome before having unprotected sex. I'd say the same to girls having abortions, in extreme cases yes e.g rape victims.


I am not saying anything one way or the other. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

The question that should be asked is why are men having sex who do not want children?
For the exact same reason women do.
If women ONLY HAVE SEX WHEN THEY WANT CHILDREN, abortion/infanticide would be very rare and basically a non-issue.



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by arriana

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by hotbakedtater
 


If abortion is taking responsibility, then why do men not have that same option? Particularly if a man knows that he cannot afford a child as much as he might want to be a father.


Because it is not his body that is undergoing a medical procedure maybe? Don't know how many times you have to be told this, but if he doesn't want a child, he needs to use a condom or keep it in his pants. It really is that simple.

If I were a cynical woman I may think this is less about you wanting equal rights and more about wanting more control over women. But luckily I am more open minded than that


Not his body, not his, choice, not his responsibility. If she can't afford to raise a child, then she should have made sure she didn't get pregnant.



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander
 


if you know a guy that has had an abortion, I wanna meet em!!



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander


Not his body, not his, choice, not his responsibility. If she can't afford to raise a child, then she should have made sure she didn't get pregnant.


dude, last i checked it takes TWO to make a baby



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
an addendum to my last post men do have one other option, they can sue for custody of the child, often, and i have seen this first had, a woman will claim suddenly that it is not his child forcing the man to put out even more money to fund a DNA test to prove paternity, but first he has to hire a lawyer and go through the court system to get a court order to obtain the DNA. The USA system of family management is very heavily weighted in favor of the woman, men have no rights once the woman is inseminated. none at all.

Also the man would continue to pay support throughout the battle until DNA established the child isn't his, the claims of the mother in that regard, not being his child, in no way waves his responsibility to pay support.
edit on 31-5-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)


And quite often, the man is STILL ordered to pay support even if the child is not his. Especially if he has taken on the role of father in any way before the couple splits.





new topics
top topics
 
21
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join