It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is abortion illegal for men but not women?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Awwh damn, he got her pregnant and wasnt ready for kids? That poor guy! Oh no!
It must be her fault. I mean, she probably forced him not to use a condom, you know how women are like that.

I must admit i do find this slightly hilarious.
Men have been forcing women to have children against their will for...well, a pretty long time. At some points in history a womans soul duty was to raise a mans children or be outcast from society. But whatever.
I have no sympathy for this guy. Firstly, he should be more careful with the type of woman he's sleeping with (In this case, a GIRL of 17 years) and secondly, either take a male contraceptive pill OR (god forbid) wear a rubber.
Hey, if you cant do nither? Maybe you shouldnt be having sex??

Male contraceptive pill? Your post is a joke.

They're working on it buddy, i hope your first in line, it should shut you up about not having control over a womans reproductive organs

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

What does another persons wallet have to do with a man having sex and he cannot afford a baby? That scenerio is 100 percent the male's responsibility, his wallet, his responsibility. Only a foolish man goes into a sexual situation thinking he has no responsibility for all the potential outcomes of the coupling.

Lst time I checked. Men don't make babies by themselves.
edit on 1-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Anthony1138

Your choice, your responsibility. Shared choice, shared responsibility. Equality. See how that works?

Wear a condom. Pull out. Your. Choice. Your responsibility. It really is your responsibility, for the sake of future generations.

To clarify, this isn't rocket science, men have all the power within the sex act itself when it comes to conception. If you don't want children there's pretty obvious precautions to take. If you did want children and she aborted your baby, i'm sorry, she didn't love you. I'm sorry your feelings were hurt. But, that's no different from any other way of saying "i really don't want a child with this person"; until, you start spinning a bunch of nonsense around in your head and make a thread on the internet. Look, sometimes situations get messed up. Life isn't perfect. It's much easier to accept and process the realities of this life than it is to get so footstomping redfaced child upset that you demand the ability to tell a woman to get an abortion. It's simply ridiculous and most of yor arguments are based on what ifs and fantasies and a "well one time this happened to a guy" story. Be a man. Take responsibility for yourself, surround yourself with likeminded people and you wont have a problem.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Funshinez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You know this "A woman doesnt have a right to her own body" BS really pisses me off. Its like saying once you get together, she has the right to get you neuterd. Come off it guys, pregnancy is hard both emotionally and physically on a womans mind and body - If it wasnt for medical advancement it would still be immensly life-risking.
The reason men shouldnt have a say is simply that you DONT have to carry it. You DONT have to put up with what comes with being pregnant. If you dont want to be a father either dont have sex or insist on wearing protection or insis your partner is on the pill. Stop whining about rights your not entitled to.

If I am not entitled to a say in abortion, she is not entitled to a say in my wallet.

Perfectly fine with me. I agree completely. However, should the man decide he's not up to the job after its to late to get an abortion, he should pay. Simple as.
Both sexes should be careful. Both sexes should choose their partners wisely. Pregnancy is a resulting factor of unprotected sex, this is why western society doesnt like minors engaging in such an act until they are of a mature age.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
To be honest i think the responsibility lies with both participants. As soon as a man chooses to have sex he must be made fully aware that it may result in a pregnancy( as a women should) and that he has if he likes it or not gave up all rights to the keeping or not of this child. Men should think carefully if they want to have a child and who they want to have a child with. Some people understand that if you wait and have sex when you have found the right partner that you are ready for children then this dreadful circumstance where a woman has a child you did not want will not arrise. Sex is supposed to be for making babies not just for fun.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I only follow the rules of logic, I don't create them.

So your logic states that it is far better to have unwanted children in this world because you live in a utopian dream-world?

Let me guess, you are 17, live at mommy & daddy's, get everything you want, food, shelter, ipods, etc, all the while passing judgement on those of us who actually HAVE children!! And you think all children will get the same as you, "if only they had been born". Wake up!

Let me tell you, parenting ain't no cakewalk for the majority of folk. It's a contstant struggle to keep a job, keep a marriage successful, bring your kids up tolerant and respectful (which your parents did a crap job at, imo) all the while "armchair parents" (including government) increasingly want to tell me how to raise my kids and live my life???

You and your "logic", are highly illogical...I cannot for the life of me help wondering how the heck you got to "silver status" on ATS. You deserve negative stars, imo. You know nothing of real life, just the online fantasy world you have created for yourself. Have fun when you actually become a parent...that reality will humble you.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SHABBYCAT

It costs no more than $100 a week to raise a child. Cut than in half, since the mother is responsible for the ohter half, and a man's "obligation" should never exceed $50 per week.

EDIT to add: And that includes healthcare. If the father is providing the medical, his payments should be even less.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Huh? No...anyway, I think it's acceptable for some men to be "against" women in this situation.
I bet a lot of guys are stuck with a child that they have to pay for that they didn't want and the choice to keep it was made only by the women.

I think men should have the right to just say no to a baby and if the women wants to keep it, well she is on her own.
Men have to do their part in contraception if they do not want a baby, but in the end, the women has a lot more options and is the main bearer of her decisions.

Oh right, in the words of POTUS, we wouldn't want our society to be "punished with a child"

Sarcasm

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funshinez
If you're worried about those devious awful trickster women, as is their nature, poking a hole in your condom simply keep your condoms at the first national bank safe deposit box with twin keys only you and a secret service agent can open and everytime you have sex make sure she signs a notarized document stating intent to not conceive.

You make light of a very serious matter. What you are talking about is the equivalent of rape. Anyone hear any good rape jokes lately?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It costs no more than $100 a week to raise a child. Cut than in half, since the mother is responsible for the ohter half, and a man's "obligation" should never exceed $50 per week.

EDIT to add: And that includes healthcare. If the father is providing the medical, his payments should be even less.

Well no because the man is responsible for 100% of the child while paying child support even though it was the female that decided to have the child. We as men go to prison for refusing to raise the child on our own (thats what it really comes down to). But of course when you put the shoe on the other foot and the father actually wants to raise his child and the mother doesnt she can walk right into a clinic and literally murder the child without even telling the father.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by inanna1234

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Wolvo

It's meant to confuse by taking two different topics and combing them into one... A: assault and battery vs B: the right for a man to have some say in whether a woman chooses to have an abortion or have the baby. The meshing of these two topics is for shock-value and is quite disgusting.
edit on 31-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Not just two but three, this thread at times yet again steers dangerously into the *women just want to pop out kids to get mo money off the bebeh fadders* bilge and in all honesty I think thats exactly what the OP wanted from this thread all along unfortunately.

Have you taken a look at the majority of single mothers out there? Most have kids by multiple men, collect checks from those men and/or welfare. Clearly, being pregnant is an entrepreneurial activity for women today.

And short of that, even the woman who only has one child. Often it is still the product of a woman's "I want what I want, even if I can't afford it" mentality. Where she wants to have a baby "all her own" like a pet and does NOT want the father in the picture, yet insists that the man fund her little enterprise.

That is sooo not true! Most mothers in America are single mothers! Look at the statics even 50 percent of marriages in America end in divorce! So if 50 percent of marriages end in divorce... that creates a whole lot of single moms... now lets get into common law relationships... how many of them separate? The numbers get even higher! That leaves a whole lot of single moms!
edit on 1-6-2011 by inanna1234 because: (no reason given)

Where did I say there were not a lot of single mothers?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

If you're worried about those devious awful trickster women, as is their nature, poking a hole in your condom simply keep your condoms at the first national bank safe deposit box with twin keys only you and a secret service agent can open and everytime you have sex make sure she signs a notarized document stating intent to not conceive.

You make light of a very serious matter. What you are talking about is the equivalent of rape. Anyone hear any good rape jokes lately?

I think you edited the wrong post homie? Or this makes no sensce?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

They're working on it buddy, i hope your first in line, it should shut you up about not having control over a womans reproductive organs

Ohhh, they're working on it. Lol. What a joke. You said it was on option, Now they are working on it. Lol.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by misnomer68

So your logic states that it is far better to have unwanted children in this world because you live in a utopian dream-world?

My logic states that murder is wrong no matter the age of the victim.

Let me guess, you are 17, live at mommy & daddy's, get everything you want, food, shelter, ipods, etc, all the while passing judgement on those of us who actually HAVE children!! And you think all children will get the same as you, "if only they had been born". Wake up!

I have 3 children...thanks for showing yourself as a fool.

Let me tell you, parenting ain't no cakewalk for the majority of folk. It's a contstant struggle to keep a job, keep a marriage successful, bring your kids up tolerant and respectful (which your parents did a crap job at, imo) all the while "armchair parents" (including government) increasingly want to tell me how to raise my kids and live my life???

Parenting is a reflection of the person....if you think parenting is that hard...it just tells a lot about your self. Also, if you "struggle" to keep a job...then you must not be very competent at it...same with a marriage.

From what I am hearing from you...yes...I do think you need some help on how to live your life.

You and your "logic", are highly illogical...I cannot for the life of me help wondering how the heck you got to "silver status" on ATS. You deserve negative stars, imo. You know nothing of real life, just the online fantasy world you have created for yourself. Have fun when you actually become a parent...that reality will humble you.

Are you done ranting now???

Care to try to make one logical argument rather than going on your little emotional rant?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Anthony1138

Your choice, your responsibility. Shared choice, shared responsibility. Equality. See how that works?

Wear a condom. Pull out. Your. Choice. Your responsibility. It really is your responsibility, for the sake of future generations.

To clarify, this isn't rocket science, men have all the power within the sex act itself when it comes to conception. If you don't want children there's pretty obvious precautions to take. If you did want children and she aborted your baby, i'm sorry, she didn't love you. I'm sorry your feelings were hurt. But, that's no different from any other way of saying "i really don't want a child with this person"; until, you start spinning a bunch of nonsense around in your head and make a thread on the internet. Look, sometimes situations get messed up. Life isn't perfect. It's much easier to accept and process the realities of this life than it is to get so footstomping redfaced child upset that you demand the ability to tell a woman to get an abortion. It's simply ridiculous and most of yor arguments are based on what ifs and fantasies and a "well one time this happened to a guy" story. Be a man. Take responsibility for yourself, surround yourself with likeminded people and you wont have a problem.

This has nothing to do with me. I take responsibility for myself, and in fact adopted a little girl who's mother was a crack-whore. So don't preach to me and make it person, becasue I will spin you on your head with a reality check.

Now back to the topic at hand. You say "men have all the power" when it comes to coneption. Are you kidding me? Really? So suddenly every sex act is rape?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Star for that one. If a man expects parental rights, he should provide for the child to the best of his ability.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

Well no because the man is responsible for 100% of the child while paying child support even though it was the female that decided to have the child. We as men go to prison for refusing to raise the child on our own (thats what it really comes down to). But of course when you put the shoe on the other foot and the father actually wants to raise his child and the mother doesnt she can walk right into a clinic and literally murder the child without even telling the father.

Or, if she does go through with having the child. Can just up and walk out on the family with NO state sanction for financial support or other motherly obligations to that child.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I think you edited the wrong post homie? Or this makes no sensce?

It makes perfect sense. Stealing a man's seed is the same thing as raping a woman. And you make jokes about it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yes, I'm done my "rant" thanks for asking...

I still stand beside my opinions, and you stand by yours. So, what shall we be logical about? That I believe abortion is not murder? You believe it is. So now what? Shall we argue and call each other names till we get banned? Is that what you want?? Clarify for me...

Rabbits abort at will. So do horses. Other animals do too. Are rabbits evil? Horses? We are animals, right? Is that logical enough for you?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by misnomer68

Just for the record, this thread wasn't intended to be another battle on the abortion debate. My intention, and I think the intention of the author of the article, was merely to point out the hypocrisy of reproductive rights in which abortion play a role, whether or not the practice is legal or moral.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join