It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is abortion illegal for men but not women?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

Plus men can waive there parental rights to the child.
edit on 5/31/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)
But can they waive their responsibility? As long as they forced into economic slavery with no equality of choice in the matter, then it is an issue. If you are going to allow one parent to commit infanticide, both must have equal say.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Let's ignore his method and deal with the bigger question.

If infanticide/feticide/child murder is legal for one parent, why not the other? It is simple fairness.

If you can get pregnant you can kill your intruder, until then just wait until someone breaks into your house and then you can kill him/her.

That only covers rape though. Most abortions are not carried out because of rape.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by LadySkadi

I don't think it was for shock value at all. This is reality. If a man does not want to be a father, the only thing he can do is try to kill the baby himself.

I dare say that if he could not be sued for child support, he never would have laid a hand on that woman.

If a man does not want to be a father why not tale precautions?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
reply to post by CobraCommander

Personally i dont see how its the womens liability? Well 100 percent anyway, takes two to tango. Yes both should take precautions, and both are to blame for the pregnancy. But its up to the women then to keep the child, if you were dead certain you Didnt want a child, you would of used protection. So would the women.

But what about men who do want the child? Can they sue for damages if the woman aborts?

link   

Originally posted by FatedAxion
Because of the concept of ownership of one's body. While that fetus is in the womb, it's part of the mother's body. A man has no right to try to abort it any more than he has the right to chop off his wife's hand.

If you're a guy and don't want a kid, just waive your parental rights.
edit on 31-5-2011 by FatedAxion because: (no reason given)
Again, what about the responsibility? Can guys waive that? Because as far as I know, they cannot.

link   

Last time I checked, it's not only the man's responsibility. But if a man doesn't want a kid, he can simply waive his parental rights. My sister's baby-daddy did this very thing not six months ago, and he doesn't owe her a dime.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Maybe he did take precautions. I know a guy who's girlfriend was dumping his used condoms into herself. That's an extreme example of course. But how many times do women lie when they say they are on the pill?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FatedAxion

Which state is that in? AFAIK, you cannot waive financial responsibility.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Last time I checked, it's not only the man's responsibility. But if a man doesn't want a kid, he can simply waive his parental rights. My sister's baby-daddy did this very thing not six months ago, and he doesn't owe her a dime.

I would really like to see where this was done. Not too long ago, here in NY state, a 15 year-old boy was ordered to pay child support to his 22 year old rapist.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
From the OP link:

Clearly we see a young man, trapped by circumstance, desperately thrashing about in vain to keep his freedom. Not only freedom from incarceration after his violent outburst, but to maintain his freedom of choice and his own economic freedom. To that extent, I certainly can empathize with him even if I don't condone his actions. This system of hypocrisy breeds this sort of violence and rebellion.

I don't have to read any further, although I did. Clearly we all do NOT see a man trapped by circumstances. I see a violent scum bucket who refuses to take responsibility for where he deposited his sperm.

He had every opportunity to maintain his freedom of choice and economic freedom, and he made the choice to sex up a lady and get her pregnant. Instead of manning up he beats the hell out of her, for his own choices.

There is no deeper meaning here, no deeper insight, just another typical violent scum who does not want to deal with the CHOICE he made.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by FatedAxion

Which state is that in? AFAIK, you cannot waive financial responsibility.

Especially if social services is involved. The woman is OBLIGATED to sue the father or she will be cut off from welfare aid.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

If a man does not want children why is he having sex?

link   

But what about men who do want the child? Can they sue for damages if the woman aborts?
Your right there, Thats probably the only thing i agree with you on in this topic. It is a sad situation to be in for the man if he wants to keep it, and maybe there should be some help and advice offered to them. Wouldnt say sue for damages though, it aint a car, its some ones emotions its a very young child. But i dont think they could pass a law to force the lady to keep a baby, as there's not a law for the man to demand one.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Wolvo because: Dont know what I've done to my post lol

link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Not his choice, Her choice.

But as I said. No one here is defending a violent attack on a woman.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Abstinence is a failed and dangerous policy. Long term abstinence is both physically and psychologically damaging.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

If a woman can sue for support, a man should be able to sue for punitive damages resulting from the intentional death of his child.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Personally i dont see how its the womens liability? Well 100 percent anyway, takes two to tango. Yes both should take precautions, and both are to blame for the pregnancy. But its up to the women then to keep the child, if you were dead certain you Didnt want a child, you would of used protection. So would the women.

Read that back again to yourself. Do you really feel like slapping yourself? You should. Firstly, if she doesn't want a child she would be on the pill, I know I would. Secondly its our bodies that go through the ordeal, and it IS an ordeal. Pregnancy causes lasting damage to a womans body, and its HER choice if she wants to go through that or not.

There are no equal rights in this situation, because the situation is not equal to start with!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Not his choice, Her choice.

But as I said. No one here is defending a violent attack on a woman.
Oh no. I said it right, he did not want ot deal with HIS choice, the choice to have sex. What IS being defended? And you responded to another of my posts, care to show where long term absitence causes problems? You do realize sex with another person is NOT the only way to release sexual tension, correct?
edit on Tue, 31 May 2011 19:37:03 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

If a man does not want children why is he having sex?
The same could be asked of women who abort. I suggested in another thread that the women could avoid pregnancy by keeping their legs closed. You are making the same suggestion towards men. Again, why the double standard?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by arriana

Your choice? Your responsibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join