It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is abortion illegal for men but not women?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatedAxion
Because uof the concept of ownership of one's body. While that fetus is in the womb, it's part of the mother's body. A man has no right to try to abort it any more than he has the right to chop off his wife's hand.

To state a woman has a right to infanticide/abortion because it is her body is an old cop-out.

Once you've both made the decision to have sex, they should have had the responsibility that if they hit the jackpot they raise a child.

If you have it one way you have to have it the other. We are all parasites of the earth-mother without earth we die. So don't come up with the argument the fetus is a parasite because as living beings we are all parasites.

In the broader context of things it being in her body matters not, it is another living thing created by BOTH parents.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by inanna1234

There is body development, but no actually thoughts, unborn babies don't start dreaming until 4-5 months.

Legally it's under the three month period, so showing me those pictures just says your too emotionally tied to the subject. If someone has a disease and are having a kid, well that kid will suffer and die at a young age, it's a very sad subject with very thin lines of morality.
But you have to think of everything not just "the kid is alive" sure they can be born, but what is their future? If there is no future why bring it to life? If you know it's going to be miserable than, why allow it to suffer?

Anyway for the everyday horny couple, they should bite the bullet and raise the kid.

Once again final post, my opinions are about the poor, like really poor. Money doesn't buy happiness but it buys survival. Food water, shelter, medicine education. All of those you need money (or government package) and even still it's not free,

Nothing is free...expect solar power, you only need to lay for the panels and your set.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think the point the OP was trying to make (hence the thread title) is: When a man gets a woman pregnant the man should be able to choose to have the baby aborted just as the woman has the choice. I for one agree with this.

-Alien

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Wolvo

It's meant to confuse by taking two different topics and combing them into one... A: assault and battery vs B: the right for a man to have some say in whether a woman chooses to have an abortion or have the baby. The meshing of these two topics is for shock-value and is quite disgusting.
edit on 31-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Not just two but three, this thread at times yet again steers dangerously into the *women just want to pop out kids to get mo money off the bebeh fadders* bilge and in all honesty I think thats exactly what the OP wanted from this thread all along unfortunately.

Have you taken a look at the majority of single mothers out there? Most have kids by multiple men, collect checks from those men and/or welfare. Clearly, being pregnant is an entrepreneurial activity for women today.

And short of that, even the woman who only has one child. Often it is still the product of a woman's "I want what I want, even if I can't afford it" mentality. Where she wants to have a baby "all her own" like a pet and does NOT want the father in the picture, yet insists that the man fund her little enterprise.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

But you still lack an understanding of my point. If someone is living off welfare, refuses to get a job and lives off taxpayers money, you want to support their family of 8?

Yes, I am more than willing to have my tax dollars go to support this family of 8. Because it betters our society.

Legalizing the murder of babies because the woman is selfish does not better our society...it promotes selfishness and irresponsibility.

You are still coming from an elitist viewpoint...and like I said...I don't think you live up to your own standard.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
If a man doesn't want to have the kid and the woman does why don't they just give up their parental rights?

They wouldn't be responsible for anything in that case, no child support, nothing. It would be like they didn't even exist. I know one person who did this where I live recently. He gave up his rights long before the kid was even born.

Abortion in the end no matter what you think of it is the choice of the woman, it is HER body and you can't force someone to do something to their body like abortion if they don't want to do it.

It's also simple, if you don't want to have kids use damn protection! Problem solved but no people are lazy and want to complain yet they forget that that moment of passion can lead to a child! If you don't want kids protect yourself.

That is a complete falsehood. A man cannot simply relinquish his parental rights and absolve himself of financial responsibility. Even if the woman herself does not want to pursue the man for child support, often the state will step in and do it against her own wished.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You know this "A woman doesnt have a right to her own body" BS really pisses me off. Its like saying once you get together, she has the right to get you neuterd. Come off it guys, pregnancy is hard both emotionally and physically on a womans mind and body - If it wasnt for medical advancement it would still be immensly life-risking.
The reason men shouldnt have a say is simply that you DONT have to carry it. You DONT have to put up with what comes with being pregnant. If you dont want to be a father either dont have sex or insist on wearing protection or insis your partner is on the pill. Stop whining about rights your not entitled to.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
S & F

I discuss this topic SO MUCH as it makes for a very controversial debate.

The OP is not saying that abortion ( the physical act of removing a fetus or embryo from a man) is possible. The focus is that currently, men do not have the right to opt out of fatherhood, as women do. And as a woman, even a single mother of 3, I have to agree that they should; fair is fair.

Women are able to 'opt out' of motherhood at any given time without being called trifling or dead beat. We can

a. have an abortion
b. put a child up for adoption

What can men do? Nothing. They are expected to accept fatherhood, regardless if they planned the pregnancy or not.

I honestly believe that if legislation passed where men had this option, women would not carelessly have children by 'deadbeat' men. Let's be honest, ladies. WE are the one who can pregnant so WE should DEFINATELY make sure it doesn't happen.

This would end the entire Child Support department, which would keep tax dollars in our pockets, create new opportunities for those employees to be productive elsewhere, and MOST IMPORTANTLY force women to be more responsible.

At the discovery of pregnancy, if men had this option, he would be able to tell the woman that he is not interested in being a father. Then she has the option to have an abortion if she feels that she will not be able to adequately take care of the child alone or without state assistance of have the child, accepting full responsibility.

That may sound cruel, especially to single mothers, but I am one myself. I just know how to step outside the situation and look at it for what it is. Fair is fair.
edit on 1-6-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

This deserves to be repeated. Thank you for the breath of common sense. All is not lost.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
This is pretty simple.

BECAUSE MEN DON'T OWN ANOTHER HUMAN'S UTERUS.

How this is less than clear to so many people only goes to show you how many guys secretly really believe that they own the women they screw. Inside and out.

And women don't own other people's wallets.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I totally agree. Like I stated in my post, this 'decision' that these woman label it, is murder.

I do agree that the man in the article deserves what he got and is scum, but I equally think that the woman is also scum for murdering her OWN child, and I think it's sick that it is even legal.

Just because something is legal doesn't make it right. All it means is that the politicians.want to be reelected and are afraid to actuallythink for themselves because the voters may not approve. The laws today are a reflection of of our societies morals, and from where I sit it isn't pretty.

Noah

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by Bearack

Males have a responsibility, if the mother chooses to keep her child, then the seed is obliged to help. Raise, feed and take care of that child's need.

My point is, seeds are responsible but not when it comes to the life or death of the child, if it goes against the wishes of the mother.

Seeds are biologically designed to help, care for the mother and child. Through physical strength (back when it was needed for Neanderthals aka cave people)

If the male wants the child terminated, but the mother wants to keep it, the ball is in the mothers court, the father must pay child support if he does not wish to be a part of the child's life.

That is probably the single most hypocritical post I have read in this thread so far.

If you want to go back to Neanderthal times, then it's like this ladies... You live in my cave, you eat what I provide, you take care of the kids, the cave, and supplement with berry-picking while I am out hunting wooly mammoth.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by Bearack

Abortion is necessary in some cases. You should be ready for when you want a kid. Do not judge those who have been put in a position that you have never been in. You cannot put yourself in their shoes, thus your opinion in the matter is nullified.

Some women cannot afford it, either they weren't ready or their seed ran off, for another woman, it is illogical to raise a child with low income.

Others are raped, and do not want a reminder of that pain, also something you cannot empathize with.
Some are not ready emotionally, and to bring a child in a emotionally unstable environment can cause mental disorders in their later life.

The rest could not withstand their biological urges and if they are not ready, an abortion is in their option.

Many reasons, you seem to blindly ignore

Okay, so? There are reasons to have an abortion. Why can't a man choose to have the fetus aborted if he was not "able to withstand biological urges?"

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If you're worried about those devious awful trickster women, as is their nature, poking a hole in your condom simply keep your condoms at the first national bank safe deposit box with twin keys only you and a secret service agent can open and everytime you have sex make sure she signs a notarized document stating intent to not conceive.

edit on 1-6-2011 by Funshinez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Sounds like your sexist, what you think women should stay in the kitchen while you go out and do man stuff? Maybe I took your statement out of context, but if I didn't your nothing but a sexist pig, who should have his balls chopped off. Btw that isn't Neanderthals, ancient humans had things different, Men stayed at the cave, while women roamed around. Look it up it's on discovery, you imbecile.

You want submissive women listening to your every demand? Then go back to the 18th century you over opinionated prick.

Remember this is how understood your comment, please advise if I took it out of context

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Because the fetus isn't his, he has no right to what goes on in the fetus.

Why is this even a discussion? Men don't have control over women, period.

Btw if you can't withstand your urges don't have sex, period. You stick it in her you basically signing a contract says "if I knock you up, I will help be responsible"

A woman doesn't order you to get a surgery, you can share opinions, but you can't make them do something they don't want to do.

Yes I will argue both sides of why you shouldn't and shouldn't have an abortion. I can do this all day pal, can you?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
So ,I think I finally see what this thread is about........someone is pissed cuz he had sex and subsequently is now a father for the first or upteenth time and him is peesssed. Poor baby. You know everyone really feels sorry for you deadbeat daddy. That bit of cash taken out of your paycheck is just WRONG!!!! you should lobby legislation to change the child support laws. I mean a man being forced to be responsible for his child is just wrong ..........NOONE SHOULD BE FORCING YOU IDIOT, YOU SHOULD MAN UP AND BE A FREAKIN PARENT TO YOUR CHILD. if you weren't such a deadbeat maybe you would have made better choices for yourself.

I am sick of this thread and I am very sick of you damn deadbeat dads forcing me to pay for YOUR kids health insurance and food and clothing. Get a job hell, get two and stop being a burden on society and raise your child to make better decisions than YOU!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It doesn't better society it dampens it.
You see there is a balance in government spending in America correct?
Let say a what if scenario teenagers fall into a new fade, having kids. If you don't have a kid your not cool.

So 10 million teens in the USA have kids, live on welfare woop dee doo. But hey, maybe they like the baby bonus and have another and another.
So funding for other things becomes cut, so everyone can have a kid and live for free.

You ever wonder why America sucks as bad? Why it's easier to get a gun than a job? and say welfare is cut in half for the budget cut. Those people have kids to feed, no jobs but have guns.
They will resort to crime, when you have a family and no options, crime is open to all.

How do I not live up to my own standards? I'm not recklessly having sex with every girl I see, and wtf is an elitist? I still don't get that term. Supporting elites? Either you coined a new term or I'm just old

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Abortion should be a compromise. Sure, there's the argument that it is her body housing the child, but it's his money that will be funding the child, so as long as that rule stays, he should have a say. Also, if you bring up the argument that he shouldn't of had sex if he didn't want a child, you either haven't read the thread or suffer from amnesia, because the same idiotic argument can apply to the woman, as seen countless times in Pro-Birth threads.
edit on 1-6-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SHABBYCAT

THATS MY POINT. OMG OMG OMG BINGO

Sorry, the last two hours I've spent trying to make some people understand some things. One guy was really sexist didn't like the SH*t he was saying. If a woman wants to keep the kid or abort it, it's her choice. Not the man's.

Maybe some people just don't respect the rights of others.

A man (a real man) assumes responsibility and helps raise his kid. That's what I would do, because my dad wasn't there for me, and it was so hard on my mom. I don't ever want that to happen to my kid.

When I'm a dad I will be the best dad possible, and if it's an accident I will still be the best dad except I will name it Steven.....I don't like the name Steven lol jk thought this thread could use a joke or two everyone is so damn serious

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join