It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is abortion illegal for men but not women?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Now before we get off on the wrong foot here, I want to say that clearly the man who is the subject of the news article below was wrong in his actions. You can't go violently attacking people in a civilized society. But having said that, I can empathize with the man, and would like to examine the deeper socio-economic issues behind this news brief.

Story and editorial

Mod Edit: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Abortion is not illegal for a man it is impossible!

Performing an abortion, in the manner as been reported on, would be illegal for both a man and a women equally.

S 125.40 Abortion in the second degree.
A person is guilty of abortion in the second degree when he commits an
abortional act upon a female, unless such abortional act is justifiable
pursuant to subdivision three of section 125.05.
Abortion in the second degree is a class E felony.

Link
But this is NY State Law, is this Liberty, NY?

I think you are missing the point of what the author was saying. But to your point then. Why is it LESS illegal for a woman to abort outside of a clinic?

I don't think it is less legal but a different law all together. . .
Plus men can waive there parental rights to the child.
Punching a pregnant women in the stomach is wrong on many levels.
edit on 5/31/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is a reasonable question. If infanticide(feticide if you prefer) is legal and acceptable for 1 parent why not the other? What happened to equal protection under the law?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I think you are missing the point of what the author was saying. But to your point then. Why is it LESS illegal for a woman to abort outside of a clinic?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

That blog is Crazy, no way can a man abort a child like that ever. Obviously its the womens choice. Hitting a women like that should be classed as actual bodily harm. The title of this thread confused me, and personaly think its a very odd title and question =S lol self aborting for a girl is dangerous but i think it would be classed as self harm, and that isnt illegal.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Wolvo because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
He punched his girlfriend in the stomach.

He punched a baby, in the body.

That's illegal. I don't give a rats ass what his intentions were.

+19 more 
posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

It's meant to confuse by taking two different topics and combing them into one... A: assault and battery vs B: the right for a man to have some say in whether a woman chooses to have an abortion or have the baby. The meshing of these two topics is for shock-value and is quite disgusting.
edit on 31-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

He's not justifying the method the attacker used. But he is pointing out that there are much deeper issues behind the reported attack. Why should a man be forced by law to be a father, when women have no such obligation?

link   
Let's ignore his method and deal with the bigger question.

If infanticide/feticide/child murder is legal for one parent, why not the other? It is simple fairness.

link   
reply to post by gandhi

No one is saying the attack itself was not illegal.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

If infanticide/feticide/child murder is legal for one parent, why not the other? It is simple fairness.

Precisely the point of the editorial. Socially programmed are easily confused.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I don't think it was for shock value at all. This is reality. If a man does not want to be a father, the only thing he can do is try to kill the baby himself.

I dare say that if he could not be sued for child support, he never would have laid a hand on that woman.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by Wolvo

He's not justifying the method the attacker used. But he is pointing out that there are much deeper issues behind the reported attack. Why should a man be forced by law to be a father, when women have no such obligation?
omg, thats just sick, if you Didnt want to be a father? Maybe you should of put something on the end of it? Bit late once you concieve to have second thoughts (for a bloke).
edit on 31-5-2011 by Wolvo because: typo

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

Did you actually read the article? The author points out the bias of birth control options as well.

Of course, there is the tired old excuse that the man should wear a condom if he does not want to be a father. Sorry folks, that # don't fly with me. Women have far more choices when it comes to birth control, up to and including termination of a pregnancy (or simply insisting that the man wear a condom in the first place.) With rights comes responsibility. Why should the man be responsible for the WOMAN'S CHOICE? It is not a shared responsibility, it is not a mutual decision, it is the woman's choice, plain and simple, as this news article makes abundantly clear. The woman is responsible for her own body, and the man has NO RIGHTS over whether or not "his" child is brought into the world.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Because of the concept of ownership of one's body. While that fetus is in the womb, it's part of the mother's body. A man has no right to try to abort it any more than he has the right to chop off his wife's hand.

If you're a guy and don't want a kid, just waive your parental rights.
edit on 31-5-2011 by FatedAxion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

If you can get pregnant you can kill your intruder, until then just wait until someone breaks into your house and then you can kill him/her.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FatedAxion

Cant say I disagree personally. But if it is her body, her choice, then why is it the man's responsibility?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Personally i dont see how its the womens liability? Well 100 percent anyway, takes two to tango. Yes both should take precautions, and both are to blame for the pregnancy. But its up to the women then to keep the child, if you were dead certain you Didnt want a child, you would of used protection. So would the women.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join