It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true best video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
you know what is sad? this stupid video got over 20 flags...

while the holy mingloucho chronicles only has 6...
edit on 9-6-2011 by fishspeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Some footage from Minas do Camacuã Shared by Project Portal during their trip to the city.

Group of researchers from the Portal Project was startled by a bright object flying over the region of Minas Camaquã district Caçapava do Sul - RS, while filling the car in a gas station on BR 290.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwordThanks, I was scrolling to see if anyone would post this one. Some more space junk and ice chrystals! LOL

I've seen both (OP's vid) of these debunked, but the logic was really, REALLY illogical.

This "tether incident" is amazing because NASA didn't see these "space trout" until they changed cameras, switching to ulta violet. I wonder what we would see if they showed us all their ultra violet footage....

Are you kidding? UFO Hunters debunked this in an irrefutable manner. Anyone who has any experience with low end handheld cameras knows that bright points of light flare up and take the shape of the aperture.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by handen

Originally posted by windwordThanks, I was scrolling to see if anyone would post this one. Some more space junk and ice chrystals! LOL

I've seen both (OP's vid) of these debunked, but the logic was really, REALLY illogical.

This "tether incident" is amazing because NASA didn't see these "space trout" until they changed cameras, switching to ulta violet. I wonder what we would see if they showed us all their ultra violet footage....

Are you kidding? UFO Hunters debunked this in an irrefutable manner. Anyone who has any experience with low end handheld cameras knows that bright points of light flare up and take the shape of the aperture.

UFO Hunters?....... ha,ha!

How can you debunk an object that goes behind the tether?
You can see with your eyes that objects go behind the tether, but you trust UFO Hunters rather than your own eyes?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ReconX

I trust my eyes (up to a point) and I have never seen those "UFO hunters", and my eyes tell me that what we see is out of focus small objects near the camera, not behind the tether.

Ask yourself, how makes you think that the objects go behind the tether?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by ReconX

I trust my eyes (up to a point) and I have never seen those "UFO hunters", and my eyes tell me that what we see is out of focus small objects near the camera, not behind the tether.

Ask yourself, how makes you think that the objects go behind the tether?

My eyes make me KNOW that some of the objects go behind the tether!

ImageShack.us" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 10-6-2011 by ReconX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ReconX

UFO Hunters = NWO

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReconX

And what makes you KNOW? Look at the image and think about what you see that's making you KNOW it.

I know that I am being a little (at least) stubborn about it, but that's because people just tell that they "know" without analysing the reasons behind that conclusion.

Our eyes only transmit what we see to our brain, so we always should try to understand why are we interpreting things the way we are, at least in cases like this, in which we were not really there to watch the events as they happened and are limited to low quality videos.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

And what makes you KNOW? Look at the image and think about what you see that's making you KNOW it.

I know that I am being a little (at least) stubborn about it, but that's because people just tell that they "know" without analysing the reasons behind that conclusion.

Our eyes only transmit what we see to our brain, so we always should try to understand why are we interpreting things the way we are, at least in cases like this, in which we were not really there to watch the events as they happened and are limited to low quality videos.

This is so tragic it's funny!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ReconX

If that's the only thing you have to say I guess you're not interested in analysing your own conclusions, so I will stop annoying you and everybody else.

Sorry everybody for the off-topic diversion.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Obama could call a press conference and introduce a "real" alien on national television and people would still claim that it is fake.The skeptics and debunkers will never be happy with anything. Unless an alien knocks on their front door and slaps them in the face. Would that be enough proof?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by ReconX

If that's the only thing you have to say I guess you're not interested in analysing your own conclusions, so I will stop annoying you and everybody else.

Sorry everybody for the off-topic diversion.

Analyze my own conclusions?........ Seriously?
In the picture I posted does the object go behind the tether or not? It's a picture with two objects, which one is nearest the camera? Simple!

It's really worrying that some people can be in so much denial that something so simple can be turned into some big psychological question!

edit on 10-6-2011 by ReconX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by squints2010
Obama could call a press conference and introduce a "real" alien on national television and people would still claim that it is fake.The skeptics and debunkers will never be happy with anything. Unless an alien knocks on their front door and slaps them in the face. Would that be enough proof?

There are some people on here who are debunker agents, but some are also disinformation agents.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Something to keep in mind as you look at these NASA videos--NASA released a paper on new discoveries in little-understood upper-atmospheric plasmas not too long ago. Remarkably, these plasmas show signs of organization, dare I say intelligence, for as long as they are in existence. We could be seeing some of that here, especially where we see storms involved.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Analyze my own conclusions?........ Seriously?
Now I have to answer.

If you want to really know what is happening you should, besides analysing the information (in this case, the video), analyse your own conclusions, to see if they are being affected in any way.

When we look at an optical illusion, the problem is not in what we see, is in how we interpret things.

In the picture I posted does the object go behind the tether or not? It's a picture with two objects, which one is nearest the camera? Simple!
It's apparently simple, but how do we decide that something is in front or behind something else? By the clues we see, like perspective (but in this case there isn't any usable perspective), shadows, or by one object intercepting the light coming from the other object.

In this case, we cannot be sure if what we see are big objects behind the tether or small, out of focus objects close to the camera.

If the objects are behind the tether, then the tether should block the light coming from the object, so when the object passes behind the tether we cannot see the object, only the tether. But you can see that, when the objects pass by the tether, the tether suffers a slight change of the way it looks on that spot, something that shouldn't happen if the objects were passing behind it.

If the objects are small and close to the camera, then they should block the tether when passing in front of it, but if the objects are out of focus, they appear translucent, and will not block the objects behind them, but they will change the way the objects behind them look. You can see that for yourself if you hold something small, like a paper-clip, close to your eyes. And that's what I think is happening here, when the objects pass by the tether, the tether looks slightly different because the objects are out of focus and in front of the tether.

It's really worrying that some people can be in so much denial that something so simple can be turned into some big psychological question!
It's not a question of being in denial (denial of what?), it's a question of scepticism, that I apply not only to the information that I get through my senses but also to my own conclusions, to try to be as sure as possible that I am not being following the wrong path.

PS: you can see on the following video, also from Martyn Stubbs, that one object, not being as out of focus as in the other video, appears to be in front of the tether, at 03:27.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremy_Vaeni

Yes, and that's one of the reasons why I think we should spend more time studying that STS-80 video and the large object that apparently goes directly to the storm and remains there.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Ok guys. I made a video. Debunk this. Wait for the end.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Are you talking about the changes in direction from the object? They look like the result of the camera zooming out and then moving.

A longer version, if it exists, would be better, as would some references to the mission that took this footage.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Now I understand. Your eyes dont work.

You are forgiven.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Do this. Put a dot on the screen at the point the object starts moving down. At then you will notice this is not the result of camera movement.

You can then measure the distance it traveled in just a few seconds.

If it where the result of camera movement, the object and the dot would remain at the same spot.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join